4 hours ago, bobthevanman said:

We have one as my wife is vulnerable and 5 weeks ago gave us an early indicator of a rising temp and lower oxy levels which led to an early intervention and treatment. We cannot say for sure wether this early intervention saved her life but this is a brilliant bit of kit when used as an indicator. Just an observation about the original post which is a very self indulgent, lengthy piece when something shorter and much more concise would have sufficed.

...but that whole post was a quote from the doctor?

• Like 1
  • I agree completely 2

Sam :beardy:   RR Sport HSE Dynamic towing Swift Elegance Grande 845

I am posting but not sure what is happening to my posts?  Happened in this thread and also other threads.

32 minutes ago, Durbanite said:

I am posting but not sure what is happening to my posts?  Happened in this thread and also other threads.

The above comment by bobthevan was about the length of your original post, you could have posted

A pulse oximeter, available over the counter at pharmacies, can provide early warning of the kinds of breathing problems associated with Covid-19 pneumonia

and then posted a link to the full text, instead of the full diatribe.

• I disagree 3

Jaguar E-Pace 180D HSE R Dynamic - 2008 Swift Conqueror 540

"Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk"

1 minute ago, Grandpa Steve said:

The above comment by bobthevan was about the length of your original post, you could have posted

Are you referring to the OP or subsequent reply to Sam's post?  I did not have a link at the time as the article was posted to me by a friend who is an American.

• Like 1
  • I agree completely 1
5 minutes ago, Durbanite said:

Are you referring to the OP or subsequent reply to Sam's post?  I did not have a link at the time as the article was posted to me by a friend who is an American.

We have one as my wife is vulnerable and 5 weeks ago gave us an early indicator of a rising temp and lower oxy levels which led to an early intervention and treatment. We cannot say for sure wether this early intervention saved her life but this is a brilliant bit of kit when used as an indicator. Just an observation about the original post which is a very self indulgent, lengthy piece when something shorter and much more concise would have sufficed.

• I do not understand 1

"Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk"

. Just an observation about the original post which is a very self indulgent, lengthy piece when something shorter and much more concise would have sufficed.

Really rather a rude thing to say. If you don't want to read it, don't. As Durbanite has explained, he didn't have access to a link when he made this posting.

• I agree completely 2

2014 SsangYong Rexton W towing a 2017 Sprite Major 4EB. (After June 9th).

25 minutes ago, Grandpa Steve said:

22 minutes ago, Durbanite said:

Bobthevan was suggesting that you should have done a precis of the original which I thought (and still think) would have been wrong and as we now know, you had no link, you may go to bed tonight with a conscience as clear as the driven snow!!

• Haha 2

Sam :beardy:   RR Sport HSE Dynamic towing Swift Elegance Grande 845

30 minutes ago, Townie said:

Really rather a rude thing to say. If you don't want to read it, don't. As Durbanite has explained, he didn't have access to a link when he made this posting.

The explanation came 5 days after the original post, so bob was not aware of that fact.

• I disagree 2

26 minutes ago, SamD said:

Bobthevan was suggesting that you should have done a precis of the original which I thought (and still think) would have been wrong and as we now know, you had no link, you may go to bed tonight with a conscience as clear as the driven snow!!

I wish I could but as a foreigner my English(UK) is not that good to do a précis as some may have noticed over the past few years.  :D

• Haha 2
6 minutes ago, Grandpa Steve said:

The explanation came 5 days after the original post, so bob was not aware of that fact.

Still rather a rude thing to say whether he knew there was a link or not. (Especially as he was agreeing that the oximeter had been useful to himself and his wife.)

• Like 1
  • I agree completely 2

I thought I posted something helpful for people concerned about Covid-19, but it seems to have been turned into a negative post as it is too long?  After all no one forced any one to read the long post which clarified a lot of points using an Oximeter.  As a link is now available according to an earlier post I am not sure why a moderator did not edit the post and post the link if the OP was too long? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
38 minutes ago, Durbanite said:

I thought I posted something helpful for people concerned about Covid-19, but it seems to have been turned into a negative post as it is too long?  After all no one forced any one to read the long post which clarified a lot of points using an Oximeter.  As a link is now available according to an earlier post I am not sure why a moderator did not edit the post and post the link if the OP was too long? 

You just can't help some people. Thanks for the info from me at least.

• I agree completely 3

4 hours ago, Townie said:

You just can't help some people. Thanks for the info from me at least.

Ditto.   There are always people who do not want to know the facts if they are bad news.  As is proven every day by those who ignore health warnings until it is too late.

• Thanks 1
  • I agree completely 1

Kia KX 3 auto / Bailey Alicanto Grande Estoril and Swift Challenger 570 (2010 model Not towed - used as a static)

We have been temperature monitoring the workforce for a while now.

No guidance on oximeters yet but we have ordered some and may start some trials.

Yeti 2.0TDi DSG 4X4 L&K, Octavia TSi Manual, Citigo ASG, Swift Challenger.

Posted (edited)

Hi

I purchased an oximeter before going climbing in the Himalayas as I was going to quite a high altitude and I was worried about HAPE. The device was useful in monitoring oxygen levels in the blood and I hoped it would give ample warning of altitude sickness. I purchased mine off e-bay and it worked well and it was reassuring to know that all the time I was at altitude my blood oxy level never dropped below 95%. I found the device was  easy to use and if the research is accurate it may indicate the user has a problem if levels suddenly start dropping and further medical advice is needed. 

Sandy

Edited by sandy
typo
  • Like 1

Hi

Interesting article in today's Daily Mail in reference to oximeters. It states some doctors are asking for them to be available on prescription as some Covid patients are suffering blood oxygen levels as low as 50%. Also a medical practice in the North East has a hit squad that goes around to potential victims armed with oximeters with the patient taking their own readings guided by a doctor.

Sandy

Our arrived yesterday from the Ebay wonderland. My thanks to Durbanite for the heads-up. Mrs H, a retired midwife, has pronounced the device satisfactory. We'll check ourselves regularly.

• Thanks 1

hawkaye :beardy:

Posted (edited)

Worth remembering that some Samsung smart phones have an oximeter built in,

So some may already have one and not realise.

S5 to S10, Note 4 to Note 9

Edited by logiclee

Yeti 2.0TDi DSG 4X4 L&K, Octavia TSi Manual, Citigo ASG, Swift Challenger.

12 hours ago, logiclee said:

Worth remembering that some Samsung smart phones have an oximeter built in,

So some may already have one and not realise.

S5 to S10, Note 4 to Note 9

I have a S7 but it doesnt show the oximeter on the Samsung Health app, just heart monitor. Its about 3 years old but just had a software update a few weeks ago.

On 30/04/2020 at 09:34, Durbanite said:

Hi D,  lets not forget, that it has been mentioned by many a wary soul a few times on CT, that they won't click on a link because they don't know where it's taking them. 🙄

As you say, no one is forced, by anyone, to read any post, but obviously many have read your first post, not only those who reply , visitors to the site, members who don't post, and gained valuable knowledge, which is the most  important thing.

I haven't used the link, I read your post and that gave me all the info I needed, however, I presume the link article was about as long as your post, so it would have taken as long to read your post as to read the linked article............................ no pleasing some folk. 🤷‍♂️😆

Perhaps the whiners are so busy, what with ?  in this ' lockdown ' period that they object to spending 5 mins, out of 1,440,  reading a post, that no one made them do.

Anyway, from one long poster to another, 😉thanks from me for taking the time. 👍

• Thanks 1

Common sense isn't a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.  :rolleyes:

And thanks from me.

I thought it was a very well written article, interesting and easy for a layman to read.

If people think an article is too long they can always stop reading!

If criticism is not constructive it is a waste of time.

• Thanks 1