Jump to content

Quattro motor mover actuation bar wanted


Versa11
 Share

Message added by CT Advertising

Purple Line LogoPurple Line's Quattro motor movers are easy and fast to install and offer incredible power. With 7 year warranty, 5 star customer feedback and exceptional after sales care. Shop online today.

Recommended Posts

Hi All, i  have just bought a sift challenger 4 berth 2011 and it has a motor mover on it but it needs to be engaged and disengaged on both side as the actuation bar is missing. Does anyone know where i would get such a bar. Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is this the long square bar approx 1” square and the full width of the van.

If so I have one lying in my garage,  it came with the spares when I purchased my caravan with remote actuator motor mover.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We’d need to know the make and model of the mover to be able to give good advice, Versa.  
 

In fact, if you get that info, you’d probably be best going direct to the mover manufacturer, as its unlikely that a dealer would have that sort of part.
 

Or, you may get lucky with a caravan breaker.

 

Good luck, John.

 

PS, or you may get REALLY lucky and find that someone has a spare one lying around!

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Or contact the maker or get on ebay-try a socket set perhaps and find a socket/spanner that fits-some size will i am sure even if it's  a square. then get a bar or wheel nut wrench cheap off ebay!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Versa11 said:

Hi All, i  have just bought a sift challenger 4 berth 2011 and it has a motor mover on it but it needs to be engaged and disengaged on both side as the actuation bar is missing. Does anyone know where i would get such a bar. Thanks

 

Bear in mind that the cross actuator bar was optional so not necessarily missing.

 

Also if fitted you have to use double the effort to engage the movers as you are pushing against the engagement springs on both sides at once.

 

If you are not particularly fit or strong and you can access both sides when the caravan is in storage, then you may want to rethink fitting the cross actuator bar.

Jaguar E-Pace 180D HSE R Dynamic - 2008 Swift Conqueror 540

 

"Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When I bought my Avondale, it had the mover fitted but no cross-over bar.   Operation from only one side is essential as I keep the van parked close to the house wall.   I made a suitable bar.   Here's an extract from my blog.

On eBay I bought two 10mm sockets and a one-metre length of 15x15mm square stainless steel tube. I already had some square tube to use as the centre part so by drilling two holes in the centre tube and welding a 13mm nut over each hole, I was able to slide in the side bars and lock them with the bolts. Two short lengths of 12mm square steel inserted into the ends of the sliding bars held the 10mm sockets on the cross bars. A quick coat of Hammerite and the job was ready to fit. Total cost around £12.

 

P1000182.JPG.ff32e60465ec3f9eddc6f252521fbfb6.JPG

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Following on from Grandpa Steve's post.

 

A length of steel or aluminium tubing slid over the actuator wrench will reduce the effort required to engage or disengage the mover significantly, a 600mm long extension tube makes light work of the job, a longer tube ensures even less effort of course.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Sea&Sand said:

Following on from Grandpa Steve's post.

 

A length of steel or aluminium tubing slid over the actuator wrench will reduce the effort required to engage or disengage the mover significantly, a 600mm long extension tube makes light work of the job, a longer tube ensures even less effort of course.

 

Before we had the electric actuators we had the cross bar, the problem with extending the length of the wrench is that the sweep of the actuator mechanism from disengaged to engaged was further than the sweep of the wrench with the extension fitted. Think of it as an inner radius and an outer one, the wrench taking a larger arc than the mechanism.

 

As you cannot remove the wrench part way through the process (the actuator snaps back with a bang, and would take your arm off) you have to engage the mover in one sweep of the wrench, so extending it is not the easy option it initially appears.

Jaguar E-Pace 180D HSE R Dynamic - 2008 Swift Conqueror 540

 

"Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Grandpa Steve said:

 

Before we had the electric actuators we had the cross bar, the problem with extending the length of the wrench is that the sweep of the actuator mechanism from disengaged to engaged was further than the sweep of the wrench with the extension fitted. Think of it as an inner radius and an outer one, the wrench taking a larger arc than the mechanism.

 

As you cannot remove the wrench part way through the process (the actuator snaps back with a bang, and would take your arm off) you have to engage the mover in one sweep of the wrench, so extending it is not the easy option it initially appears.

 

Agreed!   And to my mind, using a loose extension tube on the wrench is an accident waiting to happen.  

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Jaydug said:

 

Agreed!   And to my mind, using a loose extension tube on the wrench is an accident waiting to happen.  


You also have to be careful with the longer sweep from an extension to ensure the mover has locked into position on the wheel.  One day I put the mover onto the wheel and thought that I had locked it in place unfortunately the handle was fouling the ground and when I let go it swept back and hit me across the face and eye.  Two hours in A&E but fortunately all was well.  Never used handle fully extended after that.

 

Dave

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Blackbird said:


You also have to be careful with the longer sweep from an extension to ensure the mover has locked into position on the wheel.  One day I put the mover onto the wheel and thought that I had locked it in place unfortunately the handle was fouling the ground and when I let go it swept back and hit me across the face and eye.  Two hours in A&E but fortunately all was well.  

 

 

Sorry to laugh, ha ha, but I had an almost identical thing happen to me.

 

Thing is, it was the key to a canal lock, boy did that hurt.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 24/04/2020 at 00:07, The Coachman said:

Is this the long square bar approx 1” square and the full width of the van.

If so I have one lying in my garage,  it came with the spares when I purchased my caravan with remote actuator motor mover.

Hi

Thanks for getting back to me. The one that is fitted to my caravan is a Purpleline quattro ,the fittings that the bar needs to fit to is the size of a 10mm bolt head if that makes sense !! . Do you have a picture of the bar please

On 24/04/2020 at 10:09, Jaydug said:

When I bought my Avondale, it had the mover fitted but no cross-over bar.   Operation from only one side is essential as I keep the van parked close to the house wall.   I made a suitable bar.   Here's an extract from my blog.

On eBay I bought two 10mm sockets and a one-metre length of 15x15mm square stainless steel tube. I already had some square tube to use as the centre part so by drilling two holes in the centre tube and welding a 13mm nut over each hole, I was able to slide in the side bars and lock them with the bolts. Two short lengths of 12mm square steel inserted into the ends of the sliding bars held the 10mm sockets on the cross bars. A quick coat of Hammerite and the job was ready to fit. Total cost around £12.

 

P1000182.JPG.ff32e60465ec3f9eddc6f252521fbfb6.JPG

Thyanks for that, that looks lie a plan if i cant get a hold of the correct bar. Thanks

Hi All, thanks for the comments. I think it is a Prupleline quattro motor mover i have. Hopefully ill have someluck finding something. I am going to call them tomorrow so will keep you all updated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 24/04/2020 at 00:07, The Coachman said:

Is this the long square bar approx 1” square and the full width of the van.

If so I have one lying in my garage,  it came with the spares when I purchased my caravan with remote actuator motor mover.

Hi

Yes, i think it is about 1" square bar, i know that a 10mm socket fits on the inside bars on the movers so if a 10mm bolt head would fit inside the bar and fit tightly then i think it would do. How much are you looking for it? Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...