Sign in to follow this  
Durbanite

Not a fan of C&CC, but.......

We had booked onto a C&CC site a while before the lockdown was announced.  As it got closer to the time and the govt was about to announce the lockdown, we contacted the C&CC about our booking and explained that we were concerned about using the site due to Covid-19. 

Unfortunately it seems we got a rather rude person on the phone who told us in no uncertain terms that we would lose our deposit unless we booked another site.  We were giving up our membership anyway for other reasons so we could not book another site.  I was spoken to as if I was a naughty school child! 

Lo and behold a few days ago I got a refund.  The C&CC has definitely gone up in my estimates as I thought it was a nice gesture.  Very pleased.  :D

Some cheerful news.

Does the refund cover the £54 you are seeking from Morrisons due to their missing grocery delivery ? :)

• Haha 2

Land Rover on SORN so not towing anything for a while

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, onewheelonmywagon said:

Some cheerful news.

Does the refund cover the £54 you are seeking from Morrisons due to their missing grocery delivery ? :)

Not sure what Morrisons has to do with the C&CC unless you are trying to be sarcastic?

Edited by Durbanite
  • I agree completely 1

Not trying to be sarcastic, but having followed your report of recent frustration with Morrisons click & collect/delivery service I thought the C&CC refund would be a nice balance.

18 minutes ago, onewheelonmywagon said:

Not trying to be sarcastic, but having followed your report of recent frustration with Morrisons click & collect/delivery service I thought the C&CC refund would be a nice balance.

Apologies.  Problem with forums it does not always come across the way you intend it to come across.  :D

I think C&CC were obligated by the current situation to return your deposit anyway as they can't offer the service, we booked a site for 10 nights over Easter (not C&CC) as the pending event escalated we were unsure before the lock-down and asked if we could cancel and have our deposit returned.

The answer was no, but we could move our deposit to another date of our choice.

One week after the lock- down and a couple of weeks before our cancelled trip date we received an email from the site saying our deposit had been re-credited back to our payment card.

Strange times!  

3 hours ago, Durbanite said:

Apologies.  Problem with forums it does not always come across the way you intend it to come across.  :D

No problem Durbanite.

Their website indicates that they are contacting everyone with a booking to rearrange to a later date / alternative site / or offering a full refund. Every membership will be extended to compensate for the time sites are closed. Bookings are now open as far ahead as Oct 2021. In addition the Club magazine arrived today and has an interesting article from the new Director General about timeline through March during which time there were daily decisions to be made. 50% of staff are in the Govt 'Furlough' scheme and the others are working from home.

Mike