2020 Eriba Nova 541 SL or Ambience

Looking at ordering a Nova 541 SL ( I think they call it Ambience range for 2020). Obviously with the lockdown it’s impossible to get any response from the dealerships and the online material from HYMER is next to useless. My question is does the 541 come with a shower?  Looking at 3/4 year old reviews on YouTube it suggests it does, but the limited material from HYMER suggests it’s Now an optional extra. 

any views or experiences would be greatly appreciated. 

For a start Hymer is now the brand for motorhomes, caravans are Eriba, and second there are only five Hymer Eriba dealers in the country two of which are Lowdhams.

They told us last Autumn that they were unlikely to be importing any this year as the price for 2020 would put them north of £40K. Indeed the only new one they had in stock was a 2019 Nova 470 and that was reduced from almost £37K to £30K. Nice van though I must admit - and it had a shower.

2018 Passat B8 Estate 150GT TDi150 towing a 2018 Bailey Unicorn S4 Seville

If it is a uk spec caravan it will have a shower.   If it is continental spec then it might not.  I also thought that they weren’t being imported in the U.K. this year because of the strength of the pound.  

Traditionally the caravans have generally branded Eriba’s in most place except the U.K.   Afaik the reason for this was there was a company that imported the Touring Troll range and had the rights to the Eriba brand name in the U.K.  still made by Hymer however.      Our 2015 Nova 590 GL says Hymer on the front and side and Eriba on the back.  It does have a shower.   Surely an Email to the supplying dealer or Hymer in Germany would answer the question. 

Fred. Many thanks. I hadn’t realised there was a ‘spec’ difference between the UK and Continental versions.

Yes - they are expensive, but having paid north of £31k for a UK Manufactured caravan four years ago , that has spent in excess of 6 months back At the factory being ‘Put back together’ , I’m happy to consider the Nova. I’ve already emailed the Manufacturer but they are in the same lockdown situation.  Fortunately there’s a Lowdhams dealership reasonably close by so I’ll give them a call when things are moving again. 

We are on our 3rd.  When I said UK spec, I meant that Hymer did some tailored to U.K. tastes.   So they were fitted with a shower, ovens, Alde heating and a battery it is known as the autonomy pack.  If you are buying from a U.K. dealer rather than importing I am sure all these will be standard.  Whether these are features or benefits is down to personal choice. Unfortunately ours is currently locked down at Travelworld in Stafford.  It went there early Feb for a routine service, which it passed with flying colours apart from, requiring a new Axle and Wheel due to pot hole damage, we honestly had no idea.   We got insurance authorised and parts were ordered just before lockdown, so I have no idea when we will see it again.  

Would just add that they are superbly built vans.

We bought one after bad experiences with poorly built UK vans. It was so good we kept it eleven years and it still looked like new. Can’t recall a single problem with it. We only sold it because the kid’s outgrew the layout.

Ours was bought from Lowdhams, the UK spec at that time included a shower and oven.

Would have had another in a heartbeat but at the time had become too expensive.

8 hours ago, BigGD said:

having paid north of £31k for a UK Manufactured caravan four years ago , that has spent in excess of 6 months back At the factory being ‘Put back together’ 

Dare I ask the brand?

Our 2014 541 has a shower, it's a bit cramped as it's just part of a very small washroom.   we use onsite showers so don't mind. Other than that it's an excellent Nova which we are missing g like  mad as its stored in North Wales.  Good luck with any future purchase.

Hymer Eriba Nova 541 2014

When we bought our Nova back in 2006 we had looked at purchasing from a Belgian dealership and found that you started with the base spec and proceeded to add items you wanted from the extensive options list, such as a shower, battery, dual fuel water heater and the list went on....I gather buying a BMW is similar 😁.  
Lowdhams had picked what they thought was what the U.K. market wanted although in 14 years we have never used the rotisserie in the oven, we haven’t used the shower either in the rather cramped washroom preferring to use the more spacious site facilities.
I think you might have to wait until the dealer resumes trading to find what they have specified or what you can have an input into choosing.
I have heard it suggested Germans put function ahead of fashion and would agree.

A few small niggles over the years but I can see another decade of use ahead, unless we are seduced by a rather fetching Fendt........

Absolutely no regrets of owning the Hymer, expensive yes but the cost of ownership over the years is acceptable 15K when purchased and a current market value of at least 5K after 14 years?

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

Sobering reading.

Our 2016 Hymer Nova 580 is still insured for replacement "as new" and we bumped up the cover to £40k because of the price rise after the referendum when the pound tanked.

This is making me wonder if we should increase the cover again.

Making a note to Talk to Lowdhams when they are back working to try and get a new price for a 580.

We are fortunate that we are able to use our van at the moment.

Sympathy to those who are unable to get out and about at present.

Hymer Nova 580 2016 and VW Touareg 2009 SE