Scotland lock down restriction

2 minutes ago, Gordon said:

My personal view:

For the sake of everybody's health, I hope that travel restrictions remain the same on both sides of the border. If ever there was a time we needed a UNITED Kingdom, this is it!

NS does not think so, she will jump on every opportunity to undermine  the UK government for her political agenda 

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Which is the Worst hell? Going to IKEA or getting COVID19? 

What good will the mask do?? Might protect others but you should not be out if you need  a mask. So the experts advise.

Where in Scotland is Loch Down?   Alledgelly attributed to Diane Abbott.

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, Black Grouse said:

Restrictions relating to premises don't need to restrict movement - eg, certain businesses can restart in one region but not another.

But that's my point!  If certain businesses are open in Scotland but not in England, people will drive there from England.  They can't, legally, stop anyone crossing the border in either direction.

• Like 1

Skoda Yeti 2.0 Outdoor DSG.  Freedom Jetstream Sports Twin Flare.  Reich mover.

2 minutes ago, kelper said:

But that's my point!  If certain businesses are open in Scotland but not in England, people will drive there from England.  They can't, legally, stop anyone crossing the border in either direction.

Not specifically the border but they can under current rules which amounts to the same thing surely?

Sam :beardy:   RR Sport HSE Dynamic towing Swift Elegance Grande 845

1 minute ago, SamD said:

Not specifically the border but they can under current rules which amounts to the same thing surely?

Yes indeed, but travel between the two country will have to be policed to make sure both side of the border is complying with the rules

2 minutes ago, oldboy said:

Yes indeed, but travel between the two country will have to be policed to make sure both side of the border is complying with the rules

Indeed so but there's only two main roads, an I'll tak the low road;)

Edited by SamD

Sam :beardy:   RR Sport HSE Dynamic towing Swift Elegance Grande 845

And how would the police cope?  There are hundreds dozens of roads between England and Scotland.   It's too much to ask of the police.  Would they stop and search trains?

Edited by kelper
factual error corrected
  • Like 1

Skoda Yeti 2.0 Outdoor DSG.  Freedom Jetstream Sports Twin Flare.  Reich mover.

7 minutes ago, SamD said:

Indeed so but there's only two main roads, an I'll take the low road;)

Exactly, I travelled to Scotland  from England on many occasion without using the two main road.

Edited by Guest

Given the SNP are making the announcements I suspect for political reasons they would like to differentiate themselves from England. At the end of the day though I cannot see any major differences being introduced, but more subtle changes just to show we are different.

Looking at the figures we are doing comparitivley well but I would not want this to go all wrong if we go too far too fast.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, oldboy said:

NS does not think so, she will jump on every opportunity to undermine  the UK government for her political agenda 

oldboy,

There are times when a political agenda must be superseded by a medical one - and this is one of those times in my opinion.

14 minutes ago, kelper said:

They can't, legally, stop anyone crossing the border in either direction.

kelper,

Everything is possible where there's a will, and laws can be changed. It may not be possible specifically to prevent the crossing of 'the border', any more than a 'county boundry' but certainly by limiting total mileage travelled. Some cars today can already be tracked, as can mobile phones, so it would only take a few high profile cases of people abusing the rules to be published for others to comply with a restriction.

1 minute ago, Wildwood said:

Given the SNP are making the announcements I suspect for political reasons they would like to differentiate themselves from England. At the end of the day though I cannot see any major differences being introduced, but more subtle changes just to show we are different.

Looking at the figures we are doing comparitivley well but I would not want this to go all wrong if we go too far too fast.

Such as already exist in other areas ?

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk.

31 minutes ago, kelper said:

Under present legislation the driver and passengers can be stopped and questioned as to whether they re making an "essential journey",  so yes they can!

20 minutes ago, kelper said:

Would they stop and search trains?

The same challenge exists for train passengers too!

Jaguar E-Pace 180D HSE R Dynamic - 2008 Swift Conqueror 540

"Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk"

2 hours ago, oldboy said:

That is the question how are they going to stop people from England and vice versa crossing over the border? road block? I don't think they have thought of this, the way I see it it just one of NS political stupidity.

I really don't know where you got the idea that the wicked witch is considering easing the lock down. I haven't read that into anything she has said up til now.

What she has said is that she will be looking at the exit strategy, which is something entirely different.

I any case, even if we did ease restrictions earlier than England, why would we need to worry about English people coming North if they are still under lock down and not allowed to travel?

Ohh! Just a minute........!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2017 BMW 520d GT. 2012 Pegasus Milan

O wad some power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as others see us

It wad frae monie a blunder free us, An' foolish notion.

"What she has said is that she will be looking at the exit strategy, which is something entirely different".

Unless you have another definition my understanding, exit strategy mean easing the lock down restriction by allowing peoples to go about their business such as opening school, opening other shop and other businesses that was closed due to the lock down. 

Edited by Guest
10 minutes ago, oldboy said:

"What she has said is that she will be looking at the exit strategy, which is something entirely different".

Unless you have another definition my understanding, exit strategy mean easing the lock down restriction by allowing peoples to go about their business such as opening school, opening other shop and other businesses that was closed due to the lock down. 

"looking at an exit strategy" means studying the possibilities and formulating a plan - not necessarily implementing it yet.

2015 VW Touareg 3. 0 V6 TDI + 2013 Lunar Clubman ES

11 minutes ago, Black Grouse said:

"looking at an exit strategy" means studying the possibilities and formulating a plan - not necessarily implementing it yet.

11 minutes ago, Black Grouse said:

:goodpost:

Many people think that the ' exit ' from CV will be just that, an exit simply like walking out of a door.

Lots fail to grasp it will be a gradual, staged, possibly quite prolonged process before everything is totally back to normal in all senses of the word.

Owing to the many uncertainties of CV, still not fully understood, there will be many checks and balances before we are finally through the door, some allowing more freedom but which may also require require at times, the new freedom to revert back to a restriction.

Not forgetting the nail biting time to come in approx. 6 months, when the flu season starts again, when the world and his dog will be nervously peering down their microscopes hoping not to see CV staring back at them 1

Common sense isn't a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.  :rolleyes:

10 hours ago, onewheelonmywagon said:

A lot more respect is given to scientists, engineers, and technicians in Germany, rather than those who study philosophy, politics, and domestic science, as in the UK.

That's why they make such good cars, but their sausages are poisonous. :D:rolleyes:

Ahh you have tasted the street sellers "salmonella" specials then.😀

I was told the street sellers just leave the unsold sausages overnight reheat and try to sell them again-and again--

5 hours ago, Borussia 1900 said:

No large gatherings here (including the Bundesliga) until 31st August 

Bavaria announced this morning no Octoberfest €1billion gone south.

Points to a long term strategy compared to our media s endless dirge of "when is the lock down ending?"

4 hours ago, DeeTee said:

Where in Scotland is Loch Down? :rolleyes: ;)

Alledgelly attributed to Diane Abbott.

Did she cost it?😀

IKEA are opening their doors to the German public from tomorrow ...........

C61B0E6B-D923-4A6A-925F-2CEAE4B8A3A2.jpeg

So if Ikea are opening I am confident German and Dutch campsites will be open before the end of May

2015 3. 2 Auto Mitsubishi Pajero tugging a 2016 Tabbert Pucinni 2. 5e

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

28 minutes ago, ancell said:

Ahh you have tasted the street sellers "salmonella" specials then.😀

I was told the street sellers just leave the unsold sausages overnight reheat and try to sell them again-and again--

I only get a Bratty from vendors at Borussia Park, they’re only open for 5 hours once a fortnight (normally) so they’re always ok.

Just now, WispMan said:

I’d like to avoid both

Although ancells sausages sound like the ‘wurst’ 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

2015 3. 2 Auto Mitsubishi Pajero tugging a 2016 Tabbert Pucinni 2. 5e

13 minutes ago, WispMan said:

If we had the same gun laws in the UK as the USA, then IKEA would definitely be a very dangerous place to be.

23 minutes ago, Borussia 1900 said:

I only get a Bratty from vendors at Borussia Park, they’re only open for 5 hours once a fortnight (normally) so they’re always ok.

I’d like to avoid both

Although ancells sausages sound like the ‘wurst’ 😂😂😂

I'll get your coat for you. 🙄🤣😂😉

Common sense isn't a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.  :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Silversurf said:

6 months, when the flu season starts again, when the world and his dog will be nervously peering down their microscopes hoping not to see CV staring back at them

By then this CVD19 will be an old friend and, I suspect, still present

Alan

2005 Nissan X-trail 4WD diesel and Swift Charisma 540 2012 Lunar Clubman ES  2018 Lunar Clubman ES

4 hours ago, Borussia 1900 said:

IKEA are opening their doors to the German public from tomorrow ...........

So if Ikea are opening I am confident German and Dutch campsites will be open before the end of May

Unfortunately IKEA never closed here. Campsites did not close either.

By end of May i think most campsites in Europe will be open but in Spain i expect them to open in June.

Talking of crossing borders, the people of Scotland have been coming into England to take advantage of our cheap booze since they increased their tax on alcohol....

Volvo XC60 & Hobby Premium 540efu

29 minutes ago, Nick J said:

Talking of crossing borders, the people of Scotland have been coming into England to take advantage of our cheap booze since they increased their tax on alcohol....

Yes and some of them are English  Living up here !!!

Edited by J & S
  • Like 1