Caravan & Motorhome Vouchers, can they be gifted to someone who is not a club member, after all the payment has been made and the money already received by the C&MHC.

Edited by Sea&Sand
  • Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I doubt if I have spent £600 on CMC sites d uring an entire lifetime with caravans. .

Sorry but the no change point is not a god one. The vouchers are in £10 and £20 values. If you use vouchers only to the level just below the cost of your stay, then you are talking about a small amoun

Just bought my £600 for £500, now must make sure we survive 

Posted Images

I doubt that they have an individuals name on them and site night and other vouchers could be

Alan

2005 Nissan X-trail 4WD diesel and Swift Charisma 540 2012 Lunar Clubman ES  2018 Lunar Clubman ES

21 minutes ago, Sea&Sand said:

Caravan & Motorhome Vouchers, can they be gifted to someone who is not a club member, after all the payment has been made and the money already received by the C&MHC.

They could probably be gifted, but they have a monetary value - they’re not a one night site voucher. I’m sure it will be stated in the FAQ’s on their website.

EDIT - I have just checked on the website and you can only gift them to a member.

Edited by Glen and Les

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2017 Coachman Pastiche 565.

39 minutes ago, Glen and Les said:

They could probably be gifted, but they have a monetary value - they’re not a one night site voucher. I’m sure it will be stated in the FAQ’s on their website.

EDIT - I have just checked on the website and you can only gift them to a member.

Thank you Glen and Les, I was going to buy some as gifts for family.

I won't be buying them now.

Edited by Sea&Sand
  • Like 1
On 14/04/2020 at 19:05, Kath and Steve said:

I had an email from above today which included details of special offer on caravan club vouchers. Spend £100 and get £120 worth of vouchers. Excellent deal!

Iv'e purchased £600 worth for £500. Can't wait to start spending them. Not valid on CL'S or affiliated sites, but they don't have an expiry date.

I’m a member but haven’t had an email . . . .   🤷‍♀️

• I agree completely 1

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

― Oscar Wilde, Lady Windermere's Fan

tags: inspirational, optimism, perception, pessimism

16 minutes ago, Lozzyf said:

The offer was tucked away amongst many other items in the April edition of CMC’s monthly newsletter, which I received via email on Tuesday. If you don’t regularly receive the newsletters, check your notification settings.

John

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Sea&Sand said:

When you check into a Club site you show your membership card and the Ts and Cs make it clear can only be gifted to another member.

Vouchers are better value than £13.50 for an additional quarter's membership too?

CMC have confirmed to me that their site vouchers are transferable between members, so I've just ordered £720 worth.

Edited by Guest
15 hours ago, LeadFarmer said:

CMC have confirmed to me that their site vouchers are transferable between members, so I've just ordered £720 worth.

In the past 15 years that we have been members of the CMC we have never spent that much on sites in a single year and possibly not two years.  :lol:

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Durbanite said:

In the past 15 years that we have been members of the CMC we have never spent that much on sites in a single year and possibly not two years.  :lol:

Me neither :D

I'm sharing them with a friend, to reduce the postage cost. I was initially going to just buy £120 worth, but the £2.50 postage would eat into the £20 saving, making it just £17.50, which I didn't think warranted the initial investment.

However, paying £300 each gives us both a £60 saving, or £58.75 after shared postage costs. That tastes better in my mind :D

Plus, our August two week holiday) if it goes ahead) is at a cc site which would cost in excess of £400, which the vouchers will be used against, or if this holiday doesn't go ahead, they can be used towards our two week holiday in 2021.

Edited by Guest

Have they announced next years price rise?

You voucher holders could well be a captive audience if caravan sites are ordered closed for the rest of the year, a possibility in my mind.

We paid £500 and got £600's worth and will soon knock a hole in them whenever we are liberated, whether that be next year or the year after.

Stay safe - Griff.  :ph34r:

Wheels at the front - Discovery 4. Wheels at the back - Bessacarr 845.

On 16/04/2020 at 13:24, Lozzyf said:

Nor me - but then I haven't used Club sites for about 10 years.

2015 VW Touareg 3. 0 V6 TDI + 2013 Lunar Clubman ES

1 hour ago, Black Grouse said:

Nor me - but then I haven't used Club sites for about 10 years.

I only joined this year 🙄 we have friends that use the cl’s and it seemed a good idea at the time 🤣🤣🤣🤣

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

― Oscar Wilde, Lady Windermere's Fan

tags: inspirational, optimism, perception, pessimism

The vouchers can be used by any member. We get them given as Christmas presents as something we can use when we have run out of ideas for what else we want.

Ordered some in the offer as too good to miss.

No email for me either, but you don't need the email, just go online and buy them.

When society breaks down, these vouchers could become currency and we will live like kings, handing out bread from our caravans to the poor whilst shouting 'Let them eat cake'.

On 16/04/2020 at 09:49, John19 said:

From the CMC t & c

What denominations can I expect my vouchers to arrive in?

You will most likely receive vouchers in £10 or £20 values, though occasionally you may receive vouchers in £5 denominations too.

Do the UK Club Site Vouchers have an expiry date?

There is no expiry date on the vouchers, however we are sure you would like to spend them as soon as possible and enjoy the great outdoors once again, so they will be valid from when the Site Network re-opens.

Will I get change if my UK Club Site Voucher is worth more than the site night?

Yes, if you pay using a UK Club Site Voucher upon arrival at site, and the night costs less than the voucher, change will be given.

John.

I agreed at the time John and took a screen shot of the above from their site.

I have received my vouchers today and now find out that after I and others on here placed their orders CMC have changed at least this condition.

I took a screen shot at the time I ordered mine.

The first screen shot being taken on 15th April the day I placed my order, the second being taken today.

20200421_131026.thumb.png.bb1c8fa4aca4aadb2b64f1800394f920.png

20200421_125102.thumb.png.ed122782ef58728af6f04ff33929c57e.png

:angry:

Stay safe - Griff.  :ph34r:

Wheels at the front - Discovery 4. Wheels at the back - Bessacarr 845.

Well done Griff.  That is a ‘U’ turn.  Not acceptable imho.

John

Volvo V70 D3 SE (was Peugeot 4007, SsangYong Korando), Pulling a Lunar Clubman SI 2015. If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present.

If thats a U turn then it needs raising with them, but i sure there terms and conditions will say that they can change their terms and conditions at any time.

As for me, if the largest denomination is £20 then a night at a cc site will always be above this amount, so not really an issue. If the bill comes to below one of the voucher denominations, say £105 then I'll just pay with £100 vouchers and £5 cash.

Still, not good if they have changed the rules on the sly.

Edited by Guest
35 minutes ago, LeadFarmer said:

If thats a U turn then it needs raising with them, but i sure there terms and conditions will say that they can change their terms and conditions at any time.

As for me, if the largest denomination is £20 then a night at a cc site will always be above this amount, so not really an issue. If the bill comes to below one of the voucher denominations, say £105 then I'll just pay with £100 vouchers and £5 cash.

Still, not good if they have changed the rules on the sly.

While I agree with the second part of your statement and it not being a real problem.  In my opinion, the T&C's in force when the purchase was made form part of the contract.   So therefore cannot, or should not be changed.  

For example.  Mobile telephone contracts are for the duration, although they may say there will be price rises in line with inflation at the time you take it out.  So, only variable within the terms stated.

I wont be returning mine but still think its a bit naughty.

John

Edited by JCloughie

Volvo V70 D3 SE (was Peugeot 4007, SsangYong Korando), Pulling a Lunar Clubman SI 2015. If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present.

I guess it's like this with most vouchers, only being able to use them for purchases of the same or greater value. I reckon they made a mistake originally with their terms and conditions. 

24 minutes ago, LeadFarmer said:

I've just contacted the Caravan Club and they confirm the terms and conditions have changed.

Where this is most wrong.  As you have no choice in the denominations of vouchers you are given.  You might want just 1 night at say £20 and only have a £50 voucher.

To be fairer.  On changing this T&C they should have a changed the denomination value of vouchers to say £10 and £5.

John