Sign in to follow this  
Kath and Steve

CMC Voucher Offer

I had an email from above today which included details of special offer on caravan club vouchers. Spend £100 and get £120 worth of vouchers. Excellent deal!

Iv'e purchased £600 worth for £500. Can't wait to start spending them. Not valid on CL'S or affiliated sites, but they don't have an expiry date.

Regards

Kathryn

Beats savings (dis)interest rates. Might go for it.

Just had a letter from Nationwide saying a savings account with them is dropping from 1.1% to 0.25%. Daughter's mortgage with them is due for renewal as the 5 year 2½% fixed rate comes to an end. Hopefully they are also reducing mortgage rates so if down to 0.5% should be good.

Just bought my £600 for £500, now must make sure we survive :D

• Haha 2

Good idea, must try it. A sensible way of getting money flowing in.

• I agree completely 1

13 minutes ago, Wildwood said:

Good idea, must try it. A sensible way of getting money flowing in.

I wonder?  It is likely mass migration to sites once we are released, therefore, unless migration date is a long, long way away, it could be a significant revenue loss?

Sam :beardy:   RRS Dynamic towing VM Signature 640

Just got £500 worth here.

Not getting any interest sitting in our holiday account.

Stay safe, Griff. :ph34r:

They must be desperate to get cash.

• I do not understand 1
  • I agree completely 1

I admire those of you who have bought £500 worth, but I am going to get £100 worth.  A 20% return on investment is too good an opportunity to miss and it will keep some income flowing for the Club during lockdown.

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2017 Coachman Pastiche 565.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, AndersG said:

Obviously you have never looked at the CMC  accounts - they are very well funded which enables them to invest more in site developmwent and acquisition than the other Club (of which I am also a member). Just a sensible way of managing cash flow whilst there is no income from sites and rewarding members for their loyalty.

Edited by yellowbelly
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, AndersG said:

I agree as their bonuses will be a lot lower this year.  I wonder which company that is about to go under they will buy?  LOL!  :lol:

Bought mine on my credit card! Extra protection if the CMC folds, which I think is very unlikely!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

11 hours ago, PR1 said:

Bought mine on my credit card! Extra protection if the CMC folds, which I think is very unlikely!

Would it really be covered by section 75?

Is there a death date

Les

I doubt if I have spent £600 on CMC sites d uring an entire lifetime with caravans. .

• I do not understand 1
  • I agree completely 5

Posted (edited)

Is it really a bargain?   The CMC retail organisation is just encouraging investment in their company with no real cost to themselves.  They can now increase their site prices when the sites are reopened  and people who decided to invest will be tied into paying the new rates. 

Edited by bessacarr425
  • I disagree 2

34 minutes ago, Les Medes said:

Is there a death date

Mine is probably stamped on bottom but I can't read it

Alan

2005 Nissan X-trail 4WD diesel and Swift Charisma 540 2012 Lunar Clubman ES  2018 Lunar Clubman ES

From the CMC t & c

What denominations can I expect my vouchers to arrive in?

You will most likely receive vouchers in £10 or £20 values, though occasionally you may receive vouchers in £5 denominations too.

Do the UK Club Site Vouchers have an expiry date?

There is no expiry date on the vouchers, however we are sure you would like to spend them as soon as possible and enjoy the great outdoors once again, so they will be valid from when the Site Network re-opens.

Will I get change if my UK Club Site Voucher is worth more than the site night?

Yes, if you pay using a UK Club Site Voucher upon arrival at site, and the night costs less than the voucher, change will be given.

John.

• Thanks 1

Yes, had my email Tuesday but. Been far far too busy to check until now.  Just bought £400 for what we have already booked in September, (if it happens).  Pays for our 24 days with £50 change. 😀

John

Volvo V70 D3 SE (was Peugeot 4007, SsangYong Korando), Pulling a Lunar Clubman SI 2015. If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present.

As a matter of interest it was suggested on another thread that sites may open, but understandably ablution blocks may stay closed as Covid-19 is going to be around for a long while.  I wonder if that does happen whether the CMC would reduce their prices accordingly?  If the fee for the night is £23.50 will they give you change if you hand over a £20 and £10 voucher? 

Also waiting for the CMC to say that they are extending every one's membership by 3 months to cover the period that their sites are closed like the C&CC has done.

19 minutes ago, Durbanite said:

… … If the fee for the night is £23.50 will they give you change if you hand over a £20 and £10 voucher? 

FAQs - 9th one down, Durbanite.

John

The lockdown might be lifted by age grouping. That means older people might still be locked down whilst under thirties are back working. I hope you are able  to use the site vouchers this year or you might have to wait until next year to use them.

7 minutes ago, Tradewinds said:

.........you might have to wait until next year to use them.

This year next year........;)

20200416_114740.thumb.png.575e29c0385e9688ef3a350d7648d4fe.png

Stay safe, Griff. :ph34r:

3 hours ago, Easy T said:

Mine is probably stamped on bottom but I can't read it

Is that on the bottom of the voucher, or on your bottom ;) (the “death date” that is!) 

Andy

• Like 1

Experience is an awful teacher who ends up sending you simply horrifying bills

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Durbanite said:

I agree as their bonuses will be a lot lower this year.  I wonder which company that is about to go under they will buy?  LOL!  :lol:

The club is run by volunteers who get expenses only although they employ the staff who do the work. There is no bonus or any other incentive.

The business is financially sound but with money flowing out the reserves must be being depleted rapidly. On that basis giving the members the chance to save some money rather than possibly having to borrow from a bank looks good sense.

Given the losses that will be involved this year, some rises next year are inevitable, but they have to remain competitive, so they have to be limited. Other commercial sites might find them selves in a worse position given they are probably running on borrowed money now and will have had to borrow more, so their site fees could go up more. This is an astute financial move if you look mat it carefully.

This is a purchase, so unless anyone can produce some evidence to the contrary, I can see no reason this is not protected if you use a credit card.

The only problem seems to be you do have to survive to use it.

Edited by Wildwood
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Mr Plodd said:

Is that on the bottom of the voucher, or on your bottom ;) (the “death date” that is!) 

Andy

No vouchers here ;)

34 minutes ago, Tradewinds said:

The lockdown might be lifted by age grouping. That means older people might still be locked down whilst under thirties are back working. I hope you are able  to use the site vouchers this year or you might have to wait until next year to use them.

That is just as unlikely to be the case then as now. Older people are under the same conditions as younger people. They are additionally advised to stay isolated and not to go out for shopping or exercise but the decision is theirs

Alan

2005 Nissan X-trail 4WD diesel and Swift Charisma 540 2012 Lunar Clubman ES  2018 Lunar Clubman ES