stevew1

France ‘closed ‘

I got this email below from Hutopia campsite 

Foreign tourists will be welcome in French campsites
See the online version

DESTINATIONS ACCOMMODATIONNATURE CAMPSITESFOREST VILLAGES

Hello,

Following a misinterpretation by foreign media of the words of the French Minister of Tourism, we wish to share with you the official press release of the National Federation of Outdoor Hotels (FNHPA) regarding the stays in France of foreign tourists for this summer.

See you soon at Huttopia

PRESS ALERT FNHPA – FOREIGN TOURISTS

Press alert: foreign tourists will be welcome in French campsites in July and August 2020

The Fédération Nationale de l'Hôtellerie de Plein Air (FNHPA) would like to remind foreign press correspondents in France that foreign tourists will be welcome in France during the summer of 2020, subject to the opening of French borders as well as those of other European countries and to favourable health conditions. Contrary to misinterpretations that have already appeared in some European countries, the Interministerial Committee on Tourism convened by Prime Minister Edouard Philippe on 14 May 2020 was very clear on this point.

Likely reopening of intra-European borders at the end of June 

The French Minister of the Interior, Christophe Castaner, announced on 7 May that restrictions on France's borders with countries in the European area (European Union, Schengen area, United Kingdom) will be "extended until at least 15 June". In addition, the fourteen measures "for any French or foreign person entering France," permitted by the bill extending the state of health emergency, "at this stage, given the evolution of the epidemic in Europe and in view of the alignment of health measures between European countries," will not be applied within the European area, "except overseas and, if we decide to do so, in Corsica.” 

Foreign tourists welcome in France if health conditions allow it

The press kit of the Interministerial Committee for Tourism of 14 May but states (extract from page 10): "France welcomes the proposals made by the European Commission in its communications of 13 May on tourism and transport, to restore mobility and allow a gradual reopening of tourist destinations in Europe. France will play its full role in facilitating the harmonization of health measures for the reception of tourists and professionals, particularly in the hotel, café and restaurant sector and transport, as well as close cooperation in the evaluation of epidemiological situations. These measures, proposed by the committee, will play a key role in reopening certain regions of Europe to tourism as soon as the health situation permits. France will ensure that the health protocols validated today feed into this necessary European harmonisation effort. France reiterates its commitment to ensuring that no discrimination on the basis of nationality can take place when European tourist destinations are reopened." 

Under these conditions, French campsites are looking forward to welcoming their European clients, sanitary conditions permitting. 

SECURE PAYMENT

+33 (0)4 37 64 22 35

DISCOVER ALL DESTINATIONS 

Huttopia, life in the great outdoors!

Discover all our campsites and villages on huttopia.com

This email has been sent to you by Huttopia S.A. In conformity with the law on "data processing and freedom" of 6 January 1978 amended in 2004, you have the right to access and correct information concerning you, which you can exercise by contacting: Huttopia - Rue du Chapoly - 69290 St Genis Les Ollières or by contacting us by email. Company with a capital of €7 814 792,40 - represented by Mr Philippe Bossanne, EU VAT number FR 15424562890, registered with the RCS.

Copyright of Huttopia SA. All rights reserved. www.huttopia.com

Unsubscribe

Posted (edited)

And this is from the press conference today.

Question: Now with this quarantine measure coming in - shall we assume most summer holidays abroad won’t happen this year?

Answer:“The advice is that it is not about booking holidays right now, these measures have been brought in for the clear reasons outlined... The other point to note – the advice from government and the Foreign and Commonwealth Office is not to travel and please follow the advice on their website, that there should be nothing but essential travel. This is not about booking holidays, we want to avoid a second wave.”

Edited by Guest

I visited a campsite nearby here in Germany yesterday just to see what things were like and from what I could gather it was more or less business as usual. Being a public holiday it was well frequented with few vacant pitches. The only sign of things not being quite back to normal were reminders to respect the 1.5m social distancing requirement and the wearing of masks as people entered the sanitary block. The snack bar was doing good business and there were lots of people sitting outside at the tables enjoying a glass of beer.

10 hours ago, Lutz said:

I visited a campsite nearby here in Germany yesterday just to see what things were like and from what I could gather it was more or less business as usual. Being a public holiday it was well frequented with few vacant pitches. The only sign of things not being quite back to normal were reminders to respect the 1.5m social distancing requirement and the wearing of masks as people entered the sanitary block. The snack bar was doing good business and there were lots of people sitting outside at the tables enjoying a glass of beer.

Different world...….

• I agree completely 3

France is imposing a 14 day quarantine for people going from UK to France - in response to the UK government imposing similar 14 day quarantine for people coming from France to UK.

2 minutes ago, moorgate said:

France is imposing a 14 day quarantine for people going from UK to France - in response to the UK government imposing similar 14 day quarantine for people coming from France to UK.

This is being discussed but the 14 day quarantine for arrivals from France has already been conceded, and the French have also said the same about all EU including UK. I think the French and UK governments will clarify this quickly. The Media are blowing it up as usual by quoting new/old statements (they never stop do they?).

49 minutes ago, moorgate said:

I read that too. 

I just don't get it. Lockdown is virtually over in the UK whether or not anyone wants to admit it. This is about politics.

Why 9th June and not 2 months ago?

For what it's worth, my take is the government wants to make it difficult for us to travel abroad so we spend our money in the UK.

I think it also "softens us up" for more difficult and restricted EU travel when we've left.

It's got naff all to do with Covid-19. This government is a shambles.

• I do not understand 3
  • I disagree 1

2 hours ago, PandR said:

I just don't get it. Lockdown is virtually over in the UK whether or not anyone wants to admit it. This is about politics.

I think it also "softens us up" for more difficult and restricted EU travel when we've left.

It's got naff all to do with Covid-19. This government is a shambles.

It's always been about politics, more so in the UK and the USA than in most other countries.

2 hours ago, PandR said:

Why 9th June and not 2 months ago?

Or why not the day it was announced? I don't understand that at all.

The UK and French Governments had a bi-lateral agreement not to impose quarantine on people coming  from the other country until the UK withdraw the offer.

In one of yesterday's French newspapers it said (Google translation)
The United Kingdom has decided to impose this measure on all travelers arriving from a foreign country.
"We take note of the decision of the British government and we regret it," reacted Friday to AFP the French Interior Ministry while the United Kingdom announced to impose a fortnight on travelers arriving from abroad.

"France stands ready to put in place a reciprocity measure as soon as the system will actually come into force on the British side," added Place Beauvau.

Like petulant school kids aren’t they?? (The politicians I mean)

“Please sir, HE started it” :rolleyes:

Andy

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Ern said:

The Media are blowing it up as usual by quoting new/old statements (they never stop do they?)

As restrictions lift I feel sure that the media will find alternative topics to concern them.

COVID-19 is (and I suspect will be for some time yet) a serious problem and we all have to remain alert to the dangers. We need to restore some semblance of normality, and kick start the economy again, and we're all going to have to pay for that in various ways but a problem if we're not careful, is that we're in danger of becoming blasé over Covid-19 deaths, and unless they affect us directly we may see this virus as something that will probably only impact on others.

• I agree completely 1

This is an interesting report from the BBC.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/52760992

Although I am pleased to see some of the restrictions being relaxed, I don't feel particularly blase about Covid-19 just yet.

7 minutes ago, 2seaside said:

This is an interesting report from the BBC.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/52760992

Although I am pleased to see some of the restrictions being relaxed, I don't feel particularly blase about Covid-19 just yet.

Yes it seems to be supporting the belief that genetics play a significant part in how the virus presents. The theory about obesity and diabetes being key factors may also go some way to explain why the virus hasn’t run rampant through the more densely populated yet ‘leaner’ communities on the Indian and African continents?

Posted (edited)
On 23/05/2020 at 09:20, MalH said:

Different world...….

Absolutely. It seems that the vast populous of Britain feel the compulsion to rebel against any form of authority, however sensible or precautionary it may be.
You can just hear it on Gogglebox.....

“No ones telling me I have to wear a mask and look silly”.   “I don’t care if they haven’t opened public toilets around the coast . I will have my dump in their hedgerows and sand dunes”

Yes...I saw someone doing just that yesterday.

Edited by ericfield
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, ericfield said:

Yes it seems to be supporting the belief that genetics play a significant part in how the virus presents. The theory about obesity and diabetes being key factors may also go some way to explain why the virus hasn’t run rampant through the more densely populated yet ‘leaner’ communities on the Indian and African continents?

...and, with plenty of sunshine throughout the period, plenty of Vitamin D

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, 2seaside said:

I don't feel particularly blasé about Covid-19 just yet.

Me neither but I am sure some will . . .

The 2 week self isolation either end kills any point of going. A wonderul example of horse and stable door?

Hopefully it won't be for long.

I'm thinking our govt has a new department. The department of hindsight!  The new Minister for Hindsight will be compliling the new book of excuses, finger pointing and backstabbing!

The quarantine should have been much earlier along with lockdown.

Grrr:ph34r:

• Haha 1
  • I disagree 2
  • I agree completely 1

9 minutes ago, 664DaveS said:

The 2 week self isolation either end kills any point of going. A wonderul example of horse and stable door?

Hopefully it won't be for long.

I'm thinking our govt has a new department. The department of hindsight!  The new Minister for Hindsight will be compliling the new book of excuses, finger pointing and backstabbing!

The quarantine should have been much earlier along with lockdown.

Grrr:ph34r:

I think the great concern is a resurgence which could quickly develop into a pandemic greater than the first wave. I dont think its right to knock the government just because you dont understand. This Pandemic is a unique event for which no one has any knowledge or experience. Its nature is not the same in every country.

The government have tried to deal with the unknown - a bit like knitting with smoke. The current discussion bout France/UK boder and quarantine will no doubt be resolved. Yesterday I listened to two neighbours berating the government for wasting so much money on Nightingale hospitals which we didnt need, which is a similar issue. 

Despite the continuing reductions in infections and deaths the completion of the various Nightingale Hospitals wasn’t/hasn’t been cut back/curtailed or cancelled. My take on that is that a much greater wave of infections is being anticipated by those “in the know” so the huge capacity those Nightingales offer will be needed at some point in the (not too distant) future.

I would like to be 100% wrong on that but fear I am not.

ADMIN COMMENT - Topic is "France Closed" - Not about Dominic Cummings.

Off topic posts have been removed

Andy

Cheer up folks, I've just read that experts in Singapore have calculated that the UK will be Covid-free at the end of September and the world the same by the end of 2020. :D

16 minutes ago, MalH said:

Cheer up folks, I've just read that experts in Singapore have calculated that the UK will be Covid-free at the end of September and the world the same by the end of 2020. :D

Cheer up indeed.  Only 4 weeks before the nights start drawing in and a couple of weeks after that we'll be thinking of christmas!!!

• Haha 2

I've not followed the news from France and I don't understand French.

We are driving to Spain in July with or without the van. Will the French allow us to drive from Germany, Luxembourg or Belgium through France and in to Spain?

I dont want to or need to stop in France except to fill diesel

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, AndersG said:

I've not followed the news from France and I don't understand French.

We are driving to Spain in July with or without the van. Will the French allow us to drive from Germany, Luxembourg or Belgium through France and in to Spain?

I dont want to or need to stop in France except to fill diesel

No, at the moment you can only transit through France to reach you principal residence, but who knows in July.

Edited by Lost in France
Read the new rules.

From an announcement by the French PM yesterday (28/5/20) evening

For trips abroad, it will be necessary to wait until June 15 to see more clearly. A decision will be taken at European level to reopen the internal borders. "France will be in favour of reopening the internal borders of Europe from June 15 if the health situation allows," said Edouard Philippe, who said he hoped that "travel in Europe will be allowed for the summer".

but only if other countries don't impose quarantine for travellers from France

Note that campsites and holiday villages will also be authorized to reopen on Tuesday in the departments classified in green. However, nightclubs must remain closed.