40 minutes ago, Allan Guest said:

Sorry, Iv'e sent them to Lutz!

I didn't say that I would be leaving the day they open up, but soon afterwards. I never book in advance so I can delay my departure to whenever it's possible, whether it's the 15th June or later. I can't imagine that it will be much later though. The tourism industry desperately needs income if big bits of it are not going to go the dogs.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think many are losing sight of the purpose of restricting social contact (lockdown)   Its to prevent, as far as is practicable, humans passing the virus on to other humans when they get in

Nope he was fired for allowing his crew to disembark in Guam when it was known that people were being infected with Covid-19.  Once they were infected he raised concerns and by then it was too late. 

Posted Images

We are booked mid August for South West France and Spain so fingers crossed things will be open and running by then...:D

Volvo XC60 & Hobby Premium 540efu

we are booked for Port Grimaud in September........time will tell.

In case no-one has seen it from Brittany Ferries

Coronavirus (COVID-19) information

Last reviewed: 14 May 2020, 09:00

In light of the coronavirus situation and advice, Brittany Ferries has temporarily suspended passenger services. We apologise sincerely to all those affected customers.

We are now in the process of cancelling all passenger sailings between the UK and Ireland to France and Spain up to 15 June 2020. Limited freight-only services are operating between the UK, Ireland, France and Spain.

The difference between a master and a beginner

The master has failed more times than a beginner has ever tried.

Has anyone any idea when the UK will be open for those of us who live in France want to visit?

Now living in Haute Vienne France

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, MGBGTV8 said:

Has anyone any idea when the UK will be open for those of us who live in France want to visit?

Don't France have a Foreign Office website to give travel advise? If you are British and coming back home you can do so if the French authority will let you

Edited by Guest

Noyone knows but when you're allowed in you will know. 

But there are daily flights into the UK. We are looking at twice weekly flights from Gib to Heathrow for my wife. She could fly now but I can't pick her up and we don't trust the trains. 

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

1 hour ago, oldboy said:

Don't France have a Foreign Office website to give travel advise? If you are British and coming back home you can do so if the French authority will let you

Home is France for me, I am a French resident , the only reason I come to England is to visit Family, there is no way I call England Home!

16 minutes ago, MGBGTV8 said:

Home is France for me, I am a French resident , the only reason I come to England is to visit Family, there is no way I call England Home!

Then you will have to follow the advice of the French Government about travelling to other EU country

14 minutes ago, oldboy said:

Then you will have to follow the advice of the French Government about travelling to other EU country

Which is what I have been doing all during lockdown here,  the furthest I have been from home is Super U 6 kms away. and our figures in Haute Vienne / Nouvelle-Aquitaine. are very good. I have also been living by myself since returning to France on the 22nd March after my wife's funeral in England. I had the funeral there to make it easier for family,  and am really glad I was able to come home to France afterwards.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, MGBGTV8 said:

Which is what I have been doing all during lockdown here,  the furthest I have been from home is Super U 6 kms away. and our figures in Haute Vienne / Nouvelle-Aquitaine. are very good. I have also been living by myself since returning to France on the 22nd March after my wife's funeral in England. I had the funeral there to make it easier for family,  and am really glad I was able to come home to France afterwards.

Sorry to hear about your wife, please accept my condolences, Unfortunately there is no information for other foreign country's resident here in the UK so you will have to wait just like many of us who want to go to France for holiday and see what happen in the next few week

Edited by Guest
1 hour ago, MGBGTV8 said:

Sorry about your Mrs MGBGTV8, I went to Blighty in February to my mothers funeral but until the UK calms down I won’t be going again (to be honest I don’t think I could even I wanted to).

The borders here are lifting all restrictions at midnight tonight but the UK is a different kettle of fish.

1 hour ago, oldboy said:

He wants to travel to the UK, the UK isn’t in the EU

2015 3. 2 Auto Mitsubishi Pajero tugging a 2016 Tabbert Pucinni 2. 5e

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Borussia 1900 said:

Yes it is, until the end of the transition period which, currently, is 31st December. The current rules on trade, travel, and business for the UK and EU continue to apply. New rules will take effect on 1 January 2021. 

Edited by Legal Eagle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I know 

• I do not understand 1

Maybe they are taking bookings in order to (a) get some cashflow, (b) have bookings in place when they can operate, and (c) if/when sailings/flights are cancelled are hoping at least some people will accept vouchers instead of refunds.

31 minutes ago, Borussia 1900 said:

4 minutes ago, Borussia 1900 said:

I know 

But do you?

• Haha 1

Graham

2 minutes ago, WispMan said:

But do you?

Do I what?

• I do not understand 1

50 minutes ago, Borussia 1900 said:

Do I what?

...don't bite - not worth it...

Sam :beardy:   RR Sport HSE Dynamic towing Swift Elegance Grande 845

Certainly isn't 😀

• Haha 1
  • I disagree 1

Graham

7 minutes ago, SamD said:

...don't bite - not worth it...

It’ll take more bait than that 🎣

Oooo I have a thick person trolling my posts with “I don’t understand” now, makes a change from “I completely disagree”, marvellous 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, Lutz said:

I didn't say that I would be leaving the day they open up, but soon afterwards. I never book in advance so I can delay my departure to whenever it's possible, whether it's the 15th June or later. I can't imagine that it will be much later though. The tourism industry desperately needs income if big bits of it are not going to go the dogs.

Hi Lutz,

Apologies for referencing you in my banter with Andy.

It seems that anyone who does not subscribe to the view that we are 'locked down' for the foreseeable future is an optimist but I would rather be that than the opposite.

So far as I am concerned I will be doing nothing that I think may be risky, but then that's what I have done since this began, and I hope that means being able to use my van sometime this year and, whilst I am not desperate, the sooner that is the better as it means the situation has improved for everyone.

15 hours ago, WispMan said:

She could fly now but I can't pick her up and we don't trust the trains. 

Hi,

Is it that you are self isolating or another reason?

Another option would be a taxi/private hire or seeking volunteers. I volunteered for the NHS and when I did one of the categories was to transport people to/from hospital so there may be  'volunteers' able to help in your circumstance .

It may not seem ideal but if your wife has travelled on a plane then using a car may not be much of an additional risk.

Hope you get it sorted soon.

11 hours ago, Borussia 1900 said:

It’ll take more bait than that 🎣

Oooo I have a thick person trolling my posts with “I don’t understand” now, makes a change from “I completely disagree”, marvellous 😀

:goodpost::D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hyundai Santa Fe+Bailey Unicorn Cadiz

Mini Cooper convertible -fun Car!:)

Had a chat today with the site we are booked with in mid August and they said they had heard rumours that they could open to the public by the end of June/beginning July, fingers crossed.... 

Volvo XC60 & Hobby Premium 540efu

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Nick J said:

Had a chat today with the site we are booked with in mid August and they said they had heard rumours that they could open to the public by the end of June/beginning July, fingers crossed.... 

With the introduction of 14 days quarantine for everyone entering the UK including UK citizen coming into effect from the 8th of June, personally, I will not be looking at any foreign travel for the foreseeable future. 

Edited by Guest

For what it's worth, the site we are due to visit in the Rhone valley in mid July contacted us via F B yesterday to say they were now open!  ( Special measures for distancing, washing etc).

Don't know if the whole site will be operating, or only chalets and caravans. Could be only for local clients outside the red zone  i.e no clients from Paris and the Northeast where infection rates have been higher.

We're more concerned about possible compulsory quarantine on return to Blighty, if we can proceed with our booking in mid July!