stevew1

France ‘closed ‘

Apparently France has extended its lockdown for 4 more weeks till the 11th of May , all leisure facilities are closed until mid July at the earliest , this includes Cinemas , restaurants, bars & CAMPING , 😖😖😖😖 , etc.

• Like 1
  • I agree completely 1

Posted (edited)

:)

5 minutes ago, stevew1 said:

Apparently France has extended its lockdown for 4 more weeks till the 11th of May , all leisure facilities are closed until mid July at the earliest , this includes Cinemas , restaurants, bars & CAMPING , 😖😖😖😖 , etc.

Unusual Sensible decision by Macron. :)

Edited by bessacarr425

5 minutes ago, stevew1 said:

Last night Macron said:

The pandemic is still not under control the confinement will last until the 11th of May then the kindergarten and schools will be progressively reopened in a safe way (more info to come)

Universities won't reopen: the classes will be online

Tests: not everyone will be tested. First of all the elderly, the medical staff, "fragile" people (chronic disease, handicap etc) then after the 11th of May, all the people who show symptoms of Covid19. People who are contaminated will be put in quarantine.

Masks: each person will be given a reusable mask, and using it in public transportation or a risks situation might become compulsory (more to come) Elderly and vulnerable people are invited to stay confined even after the 11th of May hospitals and homes for the elderly will be allowed to organize safe visits for families when a relative is approaching death

Economy: people will progressively go back to work if all the conditions of safety are fulfilled Bars, cafés, restaurants, cinema, theatre, museumes will stay shut All the festivals are cancelled until mid-July The measures of chomage partiel will carry on Self-employed people: more help to come and the applications will be simplified, the Government asks the banks to postpone some loans repayments, and the insurance companies will be involved as well. We'll know more on Wednesday afternoon after the next Conseil des Ministres some specific help will be aimed towards tourism, restaurants, hotels, bars, and the field of culture and events (festivals, exhibitions etc) Financial help will be given to families with children and to the students (the amounts and process will be decided on Wednesday)

The frontiers between France and non EU countries will remain shut.

A plan for the "after COVID " will be released in about 2 weeks.

EM said more things, about rebuilding industry, agriculture and finance, helping Africa, erasing the debts of the poorer countries,giving a better place to the modest people who now are the heart of the country,

• Thanks 1

The site I use in the Dordogne told me on Sunday that they had high hopes of opening in June, 

25 minutes ago, Les Medes said:

The site I use in the Dordogne told me on Sunday that they had high hopes of opening in June, 

..high as in something edible rhyming with sky?;)

• Haha 2

This is not as optimistic as all the cruise lines who said they plan to restart in May (this year).

12 minutes ago, 2seaside said:

This is not as optimistic as all the cruise lines who said they plan to restart in May (this year).

Will there be any passengers foolish enough to go on a cruise?  Apparently on the USS Theodore Roosevelt one of the USA's largest carriers one person have died and several hundred are infected after the ship allowed sailors off when it stopped at Guam.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Durbanite said:

Will there be any passengers foolish enough to go on a cruise?  Apparently on the USS Theodore Roosevelt one of the USA's largest carriers one person have died and several hundred are infected after the ship allowed sailors off when it stopped at Guam.

Reading the posts of some on CT,  I would suggest yes.  

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Durbanite said:

Apparently on the USS Theodore Roosevelt one of the USA's largest carriers one person have died and several hundred are infected after the ship allowed sailors off when it stopped at Guam.

And the Captain was fired for raising concerns for his crew.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Lost in France said:

And the Captain was fired for raising concerns for his crew.

Nope he was fired for allowing his crew to disembark in Guam when it was known that people were being infected with Covid-19.  Once they were infected he raised concerns and by then it was too late.  He has put a major aircraft carrier out of operation which could affect the security of the USA etc.

• Haha 1
  • I do not understand 1
  • I disagree 4

3 minutes ago, Durbanite said:

Nope he was fired for allowing his crew to disembark in Guam when it was known that people were being infected with Covid-19.  Once they were infected he raised concerns and by then it was too late.  He has put a major aircraft carrier out of operation which could affect the security of the USA etc.

China is taking advantage while the US fleet is effected with virus

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2020/04/13/china-sends-aircraft-carrier-near-japan-taiwan-us-navy-struggles-coronavirus.html

Hasn’t the French aircraft carrier ‘ Charles de Gaulle ‘also returned to port under similar circumstances .

12 minutes ago, stevew1 said:

Hasn’t the French aircraft carrier ‘ Charles de Gaulle ‘also returned to port under similar circumstances .

Yes, she docked in the southern French port of Toulon early Sunday afternoon, with fifty cases of Covid-19 on board.

I had an email a couple of days ago from the camp site in France where we spent 5 months last summer.  The site has a lot of pitches that are permanent with privately owned units on them. In addition they have pitches for people like us who just go for long periods in the season.  The message was very clear, do not come to your own unit or expect the site to be open for our sort of travels. It emphasised that the French government has banned travel to second homes and that the borders were basically closed so don’t try to come from other countries. 
No suggestion was offered as to when the situation would change. Very clear message.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ivan leslie said:

No suggestion was offered as to when the situation would change. Very clear message.

Festivals have been banned until at least mid-July, so I would guess sometime after that.

Tour de France is trying to postpone rather then cancel as so much money involved and to be earned. 

6 minutes ago, Odd days said:

Tour de France is trying to postpone rather then cancel as so much money involved and to be earned. 

So are a lot of events throughout the world, there are rumours of F1 going through to the end of the year.

The Le Mans 24 hour race has been postponed until September.

Also they have to slot in with other events, tv time, the logistics and events people that they all use . Must be a night mare.

Posted (edited)

I have not heard of Frances exit strategy on coming out of lock down or are they like us in having none ?

Come out of lock down to much and the  numbers will increase and I heard  this morning Italy is keeping the brakes on till a vaccine is found .

I cant see countries opening borders for awhile in Europe for tourists to spread it .

Edited by CommanderDave
  • I do not understand 1

8 minutes ago, CommanderDave said:

I have not heard of Frances exit strategy on coming out of lock down or are they like us in having none ?

See my post above reporting Macron's statement last night.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lost in France said:

Last night Macron said:

The pandemic is still not under control the confinement will last until the 11th of May then the kindergarten and schools will be progressively reopened in a safe way (more info to come)

Tests: not everyone will be tested. First of all the elderly, the medical staff, "fragile" people (chronic disease, handicap etc) then after the 11th of May, all the people who show symptoms of Covid19. People who are contaminated will be put in quarantine.

Masks: each person will be given a reusable mask, and using it in public transportation or a risks situation might become compulsory (more to come) Elderly and vulnerable people are invited to stay confined even after the 11th of May hospitals and homes for the elderly will be allowed to organize safe visits for families when a relative is approaching death

Economy: people will progressively go back to work if all the conditions of safety are fulfilled Bars, cafés, restaurants, cinema, theatre, museumes will stay shut All the festivals are cancelled until mid-July The measures of chomage partiel will carry on Self-employed people: more help to come and the applications will be simplified, the Government asks the banks to postpone some loans repayments, and the insurance companies will be involved as well. We'll know more on Wednesday afternoon after the next Conseil des Ministres some specific help will be aimed towards tourism, restaurants, hotels, bars, and the field of culture and events (festivals, exhibitions etc) Financial help will be given to families with children and to the students (the amounts and process will be decided on Wednesday)

The frontiers between France and non EU countries will remain shut.

A plan for the "after COVID " will be released in about 2 weeks.

EM said more things, about rebuilding industry, agriculture and finance, helping Africa, erasing the debts of the poorer countries,giving a better place to the modest people who now are the heart of the country,

Wonder when our Government will announce something .

1 hour ago, Durbanite said:

Commander Brett Crozier of the carrier USS Theodore Roosevelt was removed from his post because he broke navy protocol by emailing a number of people expressing his concerns re covid 19 infection on board his ship, in doing so he was accused of circumventing the chain of command (the email was subsequently released to the San Francisco Chronicle).

From recent reports it  would appear that Commander Crozier is being considered for reinstatement to the post he had held.

31 minutes ago, CommanderDave said:

Come out of lock down to much and the  numbers will increase and I heard  this morning Italy is keeping the brakes on till a vaccine is found .

I cant see countries opening borders for awhile in Europe for tourists to spread it .

The first 3 posts of this thread give a clue Dave. Macron was quite precise yesterday.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Lost in France said:

See my post above reporting Macron's statement last night.

The WHO has sent out a warning of coming out of lock down .

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/13/world-health-organization-officials-warn-nations-against-easing-coronavirus-restrictions-too-early.html

In a few weeks they will be back to square one ?

Macron only talks of financial help .

Edited by CommanderDave
  • I disagree 2

7 minutes ago, CommanderDave said:

Macron only talks of financial help .

Apart from these parts

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1