M.O.T. extension

• Plenty of motorcycle dealers stock fuel preserver too as bikes are often stored over winter-alternative apparently is to pop the super stuff in-Shell v power or the like but I didn't touch one of my bikes for 6 mnths-standard petrol in it and it runs absolutely perfectly.
2 hours ago, beejay said:

There was discussion, a while back, to start the MoT at 4 years old and every two years after so a longer extension because of Covid would seem practical.

A few years ago when Phillip Hammond as Transport Secretary chaired meetings about it.   As far as I remember the MOT operators knocked it on the head.

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

The transport Minister did indeed say there is now a 6 month extension for MOT tests for cars whose MOT expired after 30 March 2020. but the vehicle must be kept in a roadworthy condition.

2020 VW Touareg R line towing 2019 VIP 565 with powertouch mover.

We are continuing to test at our garage. You would be horrified at some of the stuff that comes in. Maybe I am bias and have a business interest, but a car on the road with split tyres etc is a disaster waiting to happen - and yes - one rolled in and the customer was actually going to cancel!

Russ

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

19 hours ago, matelodave said:

You mean Hygroscopic, - a hydroscope is an underwater viewing device ;)

Hygroscopic is to absorb moisture from the atmosphere, the process with water and ethanol is known as 'hydrophilic' that is "tending to mix with, dissolve in water".   This process can be used to produce ethanol free petrol, simply add water to petrol containing ethanol, the water and ethanol combine and separate from the petrol, with the water/ethanol mix settling to the bottom of the container, from where it can be drawn off.  This process is used by some folks who fly piston engined aircraft requiring ethanol free petrol, as opposed to 'Avgas' which is a certified aviation fuel costing considerably more the petrol.  

On 27/04/2020 at 16:31, toby6033 said:

...the vehicle must be kept in a roadworthy condition.

Yep, as usual.

Even in normal times, there's only a modest fine (and no points) for having no MOT, but much more severe penalties for driving a vehicle in a non-roadworthy condition.