Sign in to follow this  
elegancegra

loose circuit board

Hi All, newbie here

i have not long owned my 2016 swift Elegance 645 .... 2 weeks to be honest, over the last couple of days we have been cleaning and detailing the interior. when we removed the front lounge seating.

i notices at the N/S/F of the caravan where they have sited a small fuse board....... at the rear of the wooden panel where they sited the fuse board there is a printed circuit board which is loose and moves freely on top of the gas pipe, wires, and red and blue pipes, so i re secured the board to the inside of the front of the caravan as i think it should have left swift like this

does anyone else know or have this problem

regards graham

Sounds like a VLM board, they are just plug and go, and are sometimes fitted by dealers without fixing down. Probably because they are never 100% sure that they have the right one until tested on the car.

VLM?

• I agree completely 1

8 minutes ago, Woodentop said:

VLM?

An electronic control board to ensure that the caravan to tow car wiring is compatible, often fitted in the tow vehicle when a towbar is fitted.

3 minutes ago, Silversurf said:

An electronic control board to ensure that the caravan to tow car wiring is compatible, often fitted in the tow vehicle when a towbar is fitted.

Like this - https://sargentltd.co.uk/shop/product/led-road-light-electronic-control-unit/240

thanks for your replies 

iv'e stuck the PCB to the bulk head behind the fuse board box with 3m tape... the PCB was just placed on top of all the gas..flow and return pipes and wire loom ... goes to show the dealers don't care

thanks again