Jump to content

When sites reopen, I can see ablutions blocks shut.


Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, oldboy said:

"Keep them shut as far as I'm concerned."

That is a bit selfish, just because your preference is to use your own facilities others should be denied their preference to use site facilities

 

It was qualified by "as far as I'm concerned" so not imposing the restriction on anyone else.

  • I agree completely 1

2015 VW Touareg 3. 0 V6 TDI + 2013 Lunar Clubman ES

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are i said in the heading, when sites finally reopen, I can see all the Ablutions blocks will be shut! That will mean a lot more people will have to use their own facilities! That will scare

There’s nothing like the old “toilet in the van “thread, to get people typing away.

No "number 2's"in our van 🤭

When we had the MH the wife never once used site facilities in 12 years but I found the shower in the van a bit cramped.    Now we have a 2 berth caravan without a silly (in our opinion) fixed bed,  but it does have a huge end bathroom with a rectangular rimini shower  completely usable and well thought out.

She who should be ignored absolutely loves it 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We paid for thetoilet facilities in the caravan so see no reason not to use them.

In the current situation toilet blocks are one place where you will be at the greatest risk so operating sites without them may be an answer but you still have the fresh water taps, toilet disposal and bins, shutting toilet blocks is by no means a complete answer. Possibly you will need a good supply of antiseptic wipes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Wildwood said:

We paid for thetoilet facilities in the caravan so see no reason not to use them.

In the current situation toilet blocks are one place where you will be at the greatest risk so operating sites without them may be an answer but you still have the fresh water taps, toilet disposal and bins, shutting toilet blocks is by no means a complete answer. Possibly you will need a good supply of antiseptic wipes.

Current advice does not support your assumption about greatest risk from Covid19.

Current advice is that exhaled breath is the greatest risk, closely followed by hand contact with surfaces others have touched, potentially with hands contaminated with saliva.

Antiseptic wipes are only effective if they are alcohol based or specifically anti-viral.

Hand washing thoroughly is highly recommended, but not only after using toilet facilities.

 

Edited by Stevan
Link to post
Share on other sites

Our first booking is September and it was diliberately chosen because it is a site with fully serviced pitches and we will  be able to stay isolated from other people. The toilet will have to be emptied and I will probably wear my sea fishing sowester, wellingtons, motorcycling face mask and gauntlets for this. This is of coarse the usual attire worn in all seasons for such duty. On return to the caravan Mrs Ern usually hoses me down - another advantage of the serviced pitch. 

Edited by Ern
  • Haha 4

Ern

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Stevan said:

 

Antiseptic wipes are only effective if they are alcohol based or specifically anti-viral.

Hand washing thoroughly is highly recommended, but not only after using toilet facilities.

 

 

Try telling MOH about anti-bac wipes not being much use, she uses them like confetti. Can't get any so what she'll do when we run out I hate to think!

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, oldboy said:

"Keep them shut as far as I'm concerned."

That is a bit selfish, just because your preference is to use your own facilities others should be denied their preference to use site facilities

Not selfish at all -- I don't require to use the site's public lavatories . I have much better private facilities in the van..   So I couldn't care less whether they reopen or not. ....  Others may really  like using  public lavatories, that's their choice and their opinion.   Perfectly straight forward !

  • Like 1
  • I agree completely 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stevan said:

Current advice does not support your assumption about greatest risk from Covid19.

Current advice is that exhaled breath is the greatest risk, closely followed by hand contact with surfaces others have touched, potentially with hands contaminated with saliva.

Antiseptic wipes are only effective if they are alcohol based or specifically anti-viral.

Hand washing thoroughly is highly recommended, but not only after using toilet facilities.

 

 

It is not just what people touch but as you say it is in the exhaled moist air that will settle hence why other countries are spraying the pavements and roads ? The toilet blocks would be covered in virus every where including the reception areas and service areas like water collection and waste and the black water areas as the virus is found in human waste .

Edited by CommanderDave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I can totally see the logic with this. We are quite happy to use our own facilities and are more likely to do so rather than risk infection from site toilets. As to whether they will be closed anyway is a good question. Presumably if they are closed site fees will reduce.

David

Nissan X-Trail Adventura KIA Sorento & Elddis Affinity 554

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CommanderDave said:

 

It is not just what people touch but as you say it is in the exhaled moist air that will settle hence why other countries are spraying the pavements and roads ? The toilet blocks would be covered in virus every where including the reception areas and service areas like water collection and waste and the black water areas as the virus is found in human waste .

It is interesting to note that different countries and different American states are responding to different experts and requiring different precautions. Only after this is all over will it be possible to analyse the results, and come to correct, or incorrect, conclusions.

  • I agree completely 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think some have lost sight of reality on the subject of ablutions blocks remaining closed, would closing ablutions blocks be an applicable appropriate measure to apply to shops, restaurants, bars, hospitals, offices, factories...............you get the drift.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

We hardly ever use sites with full facilities however this year we will probably give them all a miss and stick to CLs.  Much safer!

  • I agree completely 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't see sites being allowed to open again if there is still a high risk of catching anything.  

  • I agree completely 3

A seemingly problem free 2010 model Adria Altea 542dk that has more than its fair share of use.

Link to post
Share on other sites

As said,  why would they be shut?  surely if a site is deemed safe enough to open then this should include all the amenities or it should stay closed until it is safe!

I don't think that I would use them personally, not for a while anyway but that's just because I would think it just another unnecessary risk

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Is everyone forgetting the virus has a 'shelf' life so to speak.  It's only going to be an issue if people themselves are still carrying it. Which hopefully no one will be. 

Another way to look at it is being away is less important than life.  

I am personally surprised at the comments of some people tbh. Bending the guidelines to suit themselves. (Not just on CT) 

 

 

A seemingly problem free 2010 model Adria Altea 542dk that has more than its fair share of use.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stevan said:

It is interesting to note that different countries and different American states are responding to different experts and requiring different precautions. Only after this is all over will it be possible to analyse the results, and come to correct, or incorrect, conclusions.

 

 

We need to find results now to get ourselves from this nightmare and a way forward ?

 

The WHO microbiologist said this morning that in future we will all have to wear masks going forward to live with this virus .

 

 

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, CommanderDave said:

 

 

We need to find results now to get ourselves from this nightmare and a way forward ?

 

The WHO microbiologist said this morning that in future we will all have to wear masks going forward to live with this virus .

 

 

Dave

No matter how much you say "we need to find results now" you just cannot have them!

Only when we can compare regional recovery dates and the extent of genuine elimination of this virus can we say that we have results. Until then we can only have best guesses from medical professionals!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Stevan said:

No matter how much you say "we need to find results now" you just cannot have them!

Only when we can compare regional recovery dates and the extent of genuine elimination of this virus can we say that we have results. Until then we can only have best guesses from medical professionals!

 

 

Guesses are not the answer and scrubbing numbers is not the way forward with 92 care homes declaring cases in the last 24 hours but the possible outcomes won't be counted ?

 

We know when we have the virus that we have a small immunity for a short time .

China and Japan and also Korea have reinfections which nobody knows why .

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, CommanderDave said:

 

China and Japan and also Korea have reinfections which nobody knows why .

Wasn't this due to people traveling back to their countries? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Lady Bird said:

Wasn't this due to people traveling back to their countries? 

 

Not by the interview with the Korean Embassador yesterday I saw .

https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/health-wellbeing/concerning-development-as-recovered-coronavirus-patients-test-positive-again-c-969533

Edited by CommanderDave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't trust a politician to give any scientific facts. 

Graham

 

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Stevan said:

It is interesting to note that different countries and different American states are responding to different experts and requiring different precautions. Only after this is all over will it be possible to analyse the results, and come to correct, or incorrect, conclusions.

Wishfull thinking? There will be accusations, denials, and all sorts of lies from the political elite for years to come. Even though much of the data drom different countries will be impossible to compare, politicians who are often naive or dishonest will do just that - cherry picking bits and pieces to cobble together assumtions that suit their agenda. 

Ern

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, WispMan said:

I wouldn't trust a politician to give any scientific facts. 

How can they? there are not scientist.

Edited by Guest
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Ern said:

Wishfull thinking? There will be accusations, denials, and all sorts of lies from the political elite for years to come. Even though much of the data drom different countries will be impossible to compare, politicians who are often naive or dishonest will do just that - cherry picking bits and pieces to cobble together assumtions that suit their agenda. 

Which is precisely why I referred to "incorrect conclusions"!

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, clairendave said:

Is everyone forgetting the virus has a 'shelf' life so to speak.  It's only going to be an issue if people themselves are still carrying it. Which hopefully no one will be. 

Another way to look at it is being away is less important than life.  

I am personally surprised at the comments of some people tbh. Bending the guidelines to suit themselves. (Not just on CT)

However people can unknowingly be carrying the virus and use the facilities thus infecting a couple of other people including the wardens.  These people then go on to infect many others and we have another outbreak, but as people have travelled far and wide to be at the campsite, the virus is spread out around the country again very rapidly.  TBH this virus is still going to be around next year unless a suitable vaccine is found in the very near future.

  • I agree completely 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...