Sign in to follow this  
Danuk

C&CC extend membership

Posted (edited)

An email from the Camping and Caravanning Club states that they are going to extend your membership for as long as their sites are closed. An extract of the email is below.

This year, we’re extending your membership period for as long as our sites are closed, to ensure you receive your full 12 months of membership no matter what happens.

We’ve expanded our booking window to 18 months exclusively for our members, so you can now book up until October 2021. If you make a booking during our closure period, we’ve made it fully flexible, so you can amend it to any available date in the next 18 months without charge.

You can switch to any available campsite, and there is no limit to how many times you can move a booking while sites remain closed.

Edited by Danuk
Spelling errors
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

I think that is a really useful & sensible offer from them , hopefully the Caravan Club will follow suit , one can always hope .

I am a member of both .

Edited by stevew1
  • Like 1

Subaru Outback 2. 0 DSE 2015, Coachman Pastiche 460/2, Lunar Ultima Extra 540,

, Pwrtouch mover, Quest Rolli awning.

I'm sure that they will have something similar in the pipeline

Yes good to see C&CC being proactive I to am a member of both I expect the C&MH to follow.

• I agree completely 1

Posted (edited)

Good idea, I wonder if that has anything to do with many people whose membership are due  for renewal are not renewing their membership.

Edited by Guest

52 minutes ago, oldboy said:

Good idea, I wonder if that has anything to do with many people whose membership are due  for renewal are not renewing their membership.

I’ve been a member for long enough to remember the annual renewal date for membership was at the end of November. I cannot remember the year it changed for new members to have 12 months from date of joining, but I would guess there are still a lot of members with November renewal. 
The possibility of veteran membership after 25 years continuous membership at age 65 is also an incentive to remain a member. 

John

• Like 1

My CCC membership has just renewed...

Larry from Essex

2019 Bailey Unicorn Cabrera 2017 Kuga 2. 0 TDCi 150

We got the veteran membership this year. Better deal really than the Caravan Club life membership after 50 years. 

I’m not so sure the CMC will follow suit.  They sent an email out just last week asking people not to cancel and to pay renewal subscriptions. Their site bookings are now open until 30th June 2021, with the exception of a small number of sites.

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2017 Coachman Pastiche 565.

Hopefully the National Trust will do the same but I really don’t hold out much hope. After all they’ve got to fund those £100kplus salaries.

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450

1 hour ago, MalH said:

Hopefully the National Trust will do the same but I really don’t hold out much hope. After all they’ve got to fund those £100kplus salaries.

A good friend of mine is a National Trust ranger, and earns barely a fifth of that. She’s just been furloughed and is very concerned about the potential criminal damage to their sites. She’d far rather be working, but the Trust is losing money hand over fist, and can’t sustain the staffing. 

Good move by the C&CC, after some serious errors so far they have got one thing right. Many members may have been putting off renewing so this should help cash flow as well.

The National Trust and others could well look at the idea, as it is certainly partly a short term answer to their problems. At this time cash flow will be everything.

• Like 1
  • I agree completely 1

Posted (edited)

It's a good idea

The private caravan site we use in Cornwall is saying it's going to extend its season  this year, it normally closes October. I would imagine it needs council backing re licence but under the circumstances I'm sure it's already been given.

I see the other club CMC are not extending membership but have sent out an email wanting more money! Whilst at the same time claiming to be a members club.

The difference between the two is striking!

Edited by Wellys and Mac
  • I do not understand 1
  • Sad 1

To be fair to the CMC they are offering a similar benefit, I emailed them a few days ago asking if they had any plans to extend membership. I received a reply today saying that members who renew their membership will receive a one night stay voucher which is similar or better in value to the C&CC offer of extending membership.

I'm not sure if the CMC offer is automatic or you have to register I was asked to provide my membership no.

3 hours ago, a18041967 said:

To be fair to the CMC they are offering a similar benefit, I emailed them a few days ago asking if they had any plans to extend membership. I received a reply today saying that members who renew their membership will receive a one night stay voucher which is similar or better in value to the C&CC offer of extending membership.

I'm not sure if the CMC offer is automatic or you have to register I was asked to provide my membership no.

I wonder if that only applies to members who don't pay by revolving direct debit?

As an aside on the CMC forum the fact that you are a member is noted under you user name. It is interesting that a few regular posters have not renewed their membership as they no longer show up as members.  I suppose some of them could be waiting for sites to reopen before renewing?

David - Milton Keynes

Bailey Alliance 66-2 Motorhome for holidays and a Kia Venga for home.

Caravan Travels

The CMC alternative to the extended membership point is that they are offering £120 of vouchers for £100. Which is better depends on how you view this.

17 hours ago, a18041967 said:

I just had a chat with them and you just give your name and number and it will be sent out when things get back to normal. Expires December 2021

55 minutes ago, joanie said:

I just had a chat with them and you just give your name and number and it will be sent out when things get back to normal. Expires December 2021

We hardly ever use CMC sites as they are too expensive preferring to use CLs or commercial sites.  At a guess there are many other members in the same predicament and a 3 month extension would be preferred that is if we make it.  ;)

Heres hoping we all make it. I suspect that as CL's are mostly sidelines for the owners, they will survive better than the commercial ones. They may be an essential if site numbers drop badly.

• I agree completely 1