Jump to content

Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, Legal Eagle said:

How common. Surely ones butler should be serving the brandy whilst ones personal assistant deals with the administrative trifles.

Couldn't agree more, some people just show themselves up

  • Haha 2

2018 S-Max Titanium 2. 0 Tdci (177. 54bhp,180ps,132kw) Powershift + 2015 Unicorn III Cadz, Ventura Marlin porch awning

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dobloseven said:

Don't forget that if you cancel your membership and decide to rejoin later, you'll have to start again to get free life membership after 50 years! 

 

Not sure I'll still be caravanning when I'm 110, but you never know B)

Land Rover on SORN so not towing anything for a while

Link to post
Share on other sites

We left the club briefly a few years ago then joined again in 1994 so we have about 26 yeras service but joined initially in 1972. Our free life membership would be getting close now. 

Ern

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

I dont understand this email.

Gov.uk are giving support to organisations including taking over the wages bill.

 

CMC overheads are at an absolute minimum, cash in the bank, income from storage, Gov.uk grant's across the board, but yet the CMC still want membership money to carry on rolling in, why?

 

I only join for a location want, been a member twice currently not, I wouldnt renew under current climate, CMC has always charged top dollar, doesnt exactly inspire loyalty. 

The way the email is selling the club prior to asking for the money in some way I find immoral.

Doesnt this just show how the CMC has been managed over the years to have been a failure, surely in times gone past the % doubt of renewals would have been so low a letter wouldnt have been required?

 

And out of interest, CL's have been mentioned  how much of the membership fee will go to them, or are CMC keeping all the money to themselves,? asking seeing as they say it's a club for members so presumably the club wont want to see CL's financial struggling.

 

 

 

Edited by Wellys and Mac
Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a 60 second look at their accounts last week and they did not have much in cash and most of the income was from sites that they no longer get.

My guess is that they be fine if sites open in July but that they will have to borrow lots of money (if they can) if the sites stay closed for the summer season.

We will renew when that day comes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AndersG said:

I had a 60 second look at their accounts last week and they did not have much in cash and most of the income was from sites that they no longer get.

 

Can I assume that you were looking at the C and cc accounts which do show that they have little cash?

Take a longer than 60 sec look at the CMC's ....

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, yellowbelly said:

Can I assume that you were looking at the C and cc accounts which do show that they have little cash?

Take a longer than 60 sec look at the CMC's ....

I was looking at CMC but i I'm not that interested and I have no intention of looking again.

In the last accounts ending February 2019 they had a 8m cashflow from operating activities, negative 3.5m total cashflow and ended the year with 8m in cash and cash equivelents . 

In an earlier account  they said they received over 50m in site fees. Thats money they are not currently getting. I belive the sites will be up and running this summer and that they will make enough money but I can certainly understand why they want members to pay their membership fees.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AndersG said:

I was looking at CMC but i I'm not that interested and I have no intention of looking again.

In the last accounts ending February 2019 they had a 8m cashflow from operating activities, negative 3.5m total cashflow and ended the year with 8m in cash and cash equivelents . 

In an earlier account  they said they received over 50m in site fees. Thats money they are not currently getting. I belive the sites will be up and running this summer and that they will make enough money but I can certainly understand why they want members to pay their membership fees.

 

The C and cc accounting period ends in February (see their January magazine) - the CMC's end in December, so sorry but you were looking at the "wrong" Club's accounts. Both Clubs need their members to remain as members as they have significant fixed costs and no revenue from sites. Those members obsessing about a quarter's fees will be the first to complain when site investment and acquisition come to a halt.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, yellowbelly said:

 

The C and cc accounting period ends in February (see their January magazine) - the CMC's end in December, so sorry but you were looking at the "wrong" Club's accounts. Both Clubs need their members to remain as members as they have significant fixed costs and no revenue from sites. Those members obsessing about a quarter's fees will be the first to complain when site investment and acquisition come to a halt.

 

Many members don't use club sites - so site investment should come out of site fees, not membership fees

  • I disagree 4

2015 VW Touareg 3. 0 V6 TDI + 2013 Lunar Clubman ES

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Black Grouse said:

 

Many members don't use club sites - so site investment should come out of site fees, not membership fees

We only use CLs, Mayday and occasionally Red Pennant.  Main sites are over priced and a waste of time IMHO but many other people enjoy them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

well said Durbanite my sentiments entirely eg Sandringham at Christmas £35 per night your having a laugh where do they think pensioners find that sort of money just a moment money tree just sprouted end of garden ,give me a cl anyday can't beat em we use one at Skegness been same price for past 10 years and fully serviced pitch,shower/toilet.

 

Martin

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/04/2020 at 21:55, Paul1957 said:

I take it then you will not be renewing this year. Hopefully the other sites you will be using instead of the CMC ones will survive.

I packed up my membership a few years ago

2013 Bailey Unicorn Cadiz  pulled by a Landrover Freelander 2 / VW Passat Estate 2.0 Blue Motion

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...