Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Just to let you know the Caravan Club have opened up the 2021 booking until the end of June 2021.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

That includes 2020.

 

I have just managed to book for most of September, Putts corner Sidmouth, Marazian, then Cadeside Wellington.

 

I expected a surge. but I got all the dates I asked for.

 

I fully expect it wont happen though.

 

John

 

Volvo V70 D3 SE (was Peugeot 4007, SsangYong Korando), Pulling a Lunar Clubman SI 2015. If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think most people are ad opting a wait and see policy as there was lots of availability on popular sites when I last looked.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Wildwood said:

I think most people are ad opting a wait and see policy as there was lots of availability on popular sites when I last looked.


Perhaps,  but I thought there would be a rush, I guess many will not be going abroad when this is over, putting a greater pressure on UK sites.  Also, I know many are organised and book up in advance, that is not normally what we do for this country, just going at the last minute.

 

Now knowing we have most of September booked to areas we have not been to for some years but really like.  Gives us something to look forward to, even though we full expect restrictions may still be place.

 

And, if it can’t happen, it has not cost a penny.

 

John

Volvo V70 D3 SE (was Peugeot 4007, SsangYong Korando), Pulling a Lunar Clubman SI 2015. If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Rowntree Park fully booked up for the weekends until June 2021 already!  There are a few other popular sites with weekend/Bank Holiday availability though.

2018 Volvo V90 and 2018 Swift Sprite Quattro EB

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just tried to book Chatsworth in January (not necessarily for a weekend) and in January and February, the one vacancy is 2nd and 3rd Jan. EVERY other day is fully booked!

1958 Morris Minor towing 2012 Hobby Landhaus

Link to post
Share on other sites

Those two sites are almost always fully booked I am afraid. Good alternatives are Beechwood Grange for York and Buxton for Chatsworth.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Wildwood said:

Those two sites are almost always fully booked I am afraid. Good alternatives are Beechwood Grange for York and Buxton for Chatsworth.

 

Yes, I realise that, especially in the case of Rowntree Park. Chatsworth is the nearest CMC site to us, and yes, it is VERY popular, but the thing that surprised me was that it was full EVERY day (not just weekends) which is unusual.

 

Castleton, which is another popular site does have plenty of vacancies, especially mid-week, which is where we’ve booked Mon - Fri. We’re trying to get out of the habit of including weekends in our bookings as we’re both retired now, so appreciate that there are many who can only get over a weekend. 

1958 Morris Minor towing 2012 Hobby Landhaus

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/04/2020 at 15:09, GaryB1969 said:

Rowntree Park fully booked up for the weekends until June 2021 already!  There are a few other popular sites with weekend/Bank Holiday availability though.

Not fully booked on the non-awning pitches. Just checked May & June 2021 and most weekends available.

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2017 Coachman Pastiche 565.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi

One of the great failings of the cc booking system is the popular sites fill up quickly. There is still a significant number of members who book slots on these sites on the on the chance they may turn up and if the weather looks a bit grim they can cancel two days before the are due to go. I have got on Rowntree Park by phoning the site the day before arrival  and got a cancellation and this was at a weekend. The warden at Castleton once told me a member from Sheffield booked every summer weekend and only turned up for one. The Club don't see this as an issue and are quite willing to allow some selfish members to abuse the booking system to the detriment of the majority.

Sandy

Edited by sandy
Typo
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, sandy said:

 The warden at Castleton once told me a member from Sheffield booked every summer weekend and only turned up for one. The Club don't see this as an issue and are quite willing to allow some selfish members to abuse the booking system to the detriment of the majority.

 

 

I have just copied the following from the Caravan and Motorhome Club website. Sounds like your Warden doesn't know the CMC policy about those who don't turn up . . . . . .

 

 

Late cancellation policy

The minimum notice required for any pitch cancellation is currently 72 hours, this will be calculated from 12 noon on your arrival date. Members who cancel inside this period or fail to turn up at a booked pitch on three occasions between 1 January and 31 December will be contacted and may have their membership suspended for 14 days and forward bookings cancelled.

 

.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/04/2020 at 11:50, JCloughie said:


I guess many will not be going abroad when this is over, putting a greater pressure on UK sites. 

 

We have decided that there is absolutely no way we are going to travel abroad unless and until there is an effective vaccine rolled out to the population at large.  I can't imagine anything more concerning than the usual airport rigmarole of queuing to check in, queuing for security, and queuing at the gate to be crammed into narrow aisles and seats alongside god knows who.

 

Some 15 years ago, I caught a nasty bout of norovirus by sitting next to a woman on a flight home from Mallorca who openly admitted that she was recovering from same.  Translate that to coronavirus and you haven't got a hope.  On top of all this, I don't much fancy travelling on a potentially busy ferry to France and back, using the onboard facilities.  My guess it'll be 2022 or later for us, so if we're typical, yes there will be a huge demand on UK sites.  I just hope that the CL network doesn't collapse.

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, DerbyClubman said:

 

I have just copied the following from the Caravan and Motorhome Club website. Sounds like your Warden doesn't know the CMC policy about those who don't turn up . . . . . .

 

Late cancellation policy

The minimum notice required for any pitch cancellation is currently 72 hours, this will be calculated from 12 noon on your arrival date. Members who cancel inside this period or fail to turn up at a booked pitch on three occasions between 1 January and 31 December will be contacted and may have their membership suspended for 14 days and forward bookings cancelled..

As per the underlined I wonder if they actually do impose both restrictions as it refers to people who cancel within the 72 hours and not those that cancel outside the 72 hours i.e. earlier the same week?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Never having breached that policy I have no first hand information, but they did publish some statistics a long way back as to the proportion of members who breached the rules and had been contacted. They do apparently act on breaches, but if the member who booked weekends at Castleton cancelled by 12 noon on the Tuesday before, he might have got away with it.  There was a suggestion that they then looked at members with large numbers of cancelations and then took action against some members who breached the spirit of the rules.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...