Caravan Dilemma

rslsys

We are going away in the Caravan for Easter Weekend. We were away the weekend before last and have the option of the same pitch again. We also have the option of another pitch on the same site and are trying to decide which is best.

Pitch 1 is on hard standing, next door to the toilet block. Mains water, good TV & WiFi reception but only 13A power available. It is a fair distance from the road but the view is not very exciting. Also it is not possible to put up an awning.

Pitch 2 is on grass, 100 metres from the toilet block, mains water, good TV but poor WiFi. Full 16A power available. Adjacent road but surrounded by trees with a view over water and space to put an awning up. This pitch will require the caravan to be moved from its current location by our back door on  Pitch 1.

Decisions, decisions.

Cheers

Keith

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

This has to be a wind up surely :o

• Haha 1

I do apologise to the op.

Must read posts properly in future.

Have a great time. ;)

Edited by George&Ade
Missed words

4 minutes ago, George&Ade said:

This has to be a wind up surely :o

If it's not it should be. ;)

Living the dream, well more of a nightmare if the truth be known ~ Griff    :ph34r:

Wheels at the front ~ Discovery 4 Towing Machine

Wheels at the back ~ 4 of ‘em

11 minutes ago, rslsys said:

We are going away in the Caravan for Easter Weekend. We were away the weekend before last and have the option of the same pitch again. We also have the option of another pitch on the same site and are trying to decide which is best.

Pitch 1 is on hard standing, next door to the toilet block. Mains water, good TV & WiFi reception but only 13A power available. It is a fair distance from the road but the view is not very exciting. Also it is not possible to put up an awning.

Pitch 2 is on grass, 100 metres from the toilet block, mains water, good TV but poor WiFi. Full 16A power available. Adjacent road but surrounded by trees with a view over water and space to put an awning up. This pitch will require the caravan to be moved from its current location by our back door on  Pitch 1.

Decisions, decisions.

Cheers

Keith

You're a very naughty boy. Shame on you for trying to wind these good people up! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

And his/her interests are sex, drugs and rock & roll

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

10 minutes ago, Dave Capiro owner said:

Off to ourgate? Have a good time and remember the essentials

Well is a choice of ourbackdoor or endofourlawn. :P

Cheers

Keith

• Haha 1

Just wondering how much these pitches cost and do you have to be a member of a club?

I'd tow the caravan the 100m just to keep my hand in!

Have a great weekend

:D:D:D

weather looks to be okay, I would go for the grass pitch to be able to put the awning up, so long as you keep the correct distance for the fire break, oh and keep your dogs and kids under control. :P

Happy Days

Make sure you leave before 10 and don't arrive before 1!

Fortunately the pitches to me are cost free as I'm a founder member of the club. Unfortunately, membership is now closed.

Did wonder if I could make the trip on the mover, if not - I'll have to clean the towball on the tractor.

I think the grass pitch is the one to go for, certainly in the eyes of the distaff caravanner. I'll see if the site owner will put some work in on the WiFi. Only other pitch is 100 metres away so no distance problems. Kids off our hands and the only dogs are the ones on the sheepdog training field across the road who are claiming key worker status!

When we were there the other week, they seemed very relaxed about arrival & departure times but if I think we will arrive after 8:00pm I'll be sure to let them know.

Cheers

Keith

image.png

Tried a similar site a few years ago and chose "shed-end pitch" only to be blocked in by another caravan on "gate-pitch" :rolleyes:

(Note to self - learn how to erect an awning)

Gordon.

Haha very fun I almost fell for it 

but a smile on my face. 
I would go for pitch one saves starting the car 

stay safe

James

James Foote. Hymer 590 (2019). Jaguar XF 2012 3. 0 Premium Lux