Once again we are seeing reports of people ignoring the emergency rules designed to keep people from dying.  Are they completely selfish. ????? Or just intellectual failures.????? 

• Like 1
  • Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I fail to see the logic of it too, because if you're on your own far away from anybody, you can't get infected nor can you be a danger to anyone else, although I wouldn't go and sit down on a park ben

If you really don't understand why people are being advised to only go out when necessary to shop, exercise for an hour or  not make unnecessary journeys and that really does include sitting on a beac

Posted Images

There will always be a %age of people like that. Reading of people's deaths brings it right before me and being in the older age group makes you take extra care. 

Today is a gorgeous day in the Lakes and undoubtedly people will come up here, some bringing the virus unwittingly to our area. I hope the police and authorities are on top of it. 

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

At the end of the day, the people that are initially put at risk of dying from their being stupidly selfish are; themselves, their friends and their families.  Assuming that some of them survive, hopefully they will be able to live with the consequences of their actions.

• I agree completely 2

Bailey Orion News & Information - 

Lots of reasons, selfish, ignorant, they think they are invincible, don't care about anyone else, it's not as bad as the annual flu etc. etc.

Not helped by the mixed messages from the press. 

• I agree completely 1

The difference between a master and a beginner

The master has failed more times than a beginner has ever tried.

Good post GS but you forgot that we have many in this country that cannot read and if they could read, they do not understand the message therefore it does not apply to them. 

BTW in South Africa they are giving people a real hard time and treating them as if they were hardened criminals, arresting people and putting them in jail for contravening the lock down.  Also numerous road blocks manned by the army.  This is being reported in the press and more and more people are staying at home.

• Like 1
  • I agree completely 1

We were discussing this last night, sitting in the garden after an impromptu barbecue we noticed that the traffic on the nearby A24 was back up to the usual continuous susurrus after two weeks of near silence. 

23 minutes ago, Durbanite said:

Good post GS but you forgot that we have many in this country that cannot read and if they could read, they do not understand the message therefore it does not apply to them. 

BTW in South Africa they are giving people a real hard time and treating them as if they were hardened criminals, arresting people and putting them in jail for contravening the lock down.  Also numerous road blocks manned by the army.  This is being reported in the press and more and more people are staying at home.

Sadly a lot of people that are going out are educated intelligent people, all brains and no common sense.

For some common sense isn’t common practice,

• I agree completely 2

Jaguar E-Pace 180D HSE R Dynamic - 2008 Swift Conqueror 540

"Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk"

53 minutes ago, Durbanite said:

I'm glad that they're taking a more pragmatic approach here in Germany, where unless you are found to be congregating in a group of more than two people you can do more or less whatever you like. This afternoon we shall be driving to the sister-in-law who lives about 30 miles away. We are all over 70 so my wife and I will be sitting on the sister-in-law's garden terrace, she will remain indoors and we will have a nice chat through the French window. Later we'll go for a walk with her across the fields, keeping the required distance. I think we're taking all sensible precautions and I can't see any risk of contagion under such conditions.

Edited by Lutz
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Durbanite said:

The ones that have little chance of social distancing (and in many cases I suspect earning enough to buy food) are those in the many slum towns in the world.

Alan

2005 Nissan X-trail 4WD diesel and Swift Charisma 540 2012 Lunar Clubman ES  2018 Lunar Clubman ES

Dr Catherine Calderwood, (Scotlands Chief Medical Officer),  and her husband and children were photographed visiting their second home "just to check it" this weekend. They (according to reports), stayed overnight and then travelled back to Edinburgh. She has been on TV over the last few weeks urging people to stay at home and protect the NHS. Do as I say but NOT as I do??

• Like 3
  • I agree completely 3

2014 SsangYong Rexton W towing a 2017 Sprite Major 4EB. (After June 9th).

1 hour ago, Tuningdrew said:

We were discussing this last night, sitting in the garden after an impromptu barbecue we noticed that the traffic on the nearby A24 was back up to the usual continuous susurrus after two weeks of near silence. 

I obviously don't know the purpose of people's journeys but there are a noticeable number of motorbikes and classic cars out on the A272 this morning .... I suppose it is possible they are all making essential trips to the shops.

8 minutes ago, Townie said:

Dr Catherine Calderwood, (Scotlands Chief Medical Officer),  and her husband and children were photographed visiting their second home "just to check it" this weekend. They (according to reports), stayed overnight and then travelled back to Edinburgh. She has been on TV over the last few weeks urging people to stay at home and protect the NHS. Do as I say but NOT as I do??

In such an instance she had contact with nobody and to be fair to her might have been considered essential to check the property.

My daughter and her present boyfriend are both high risk and are presently both high risk. My daughter had been unable to work for a while (over 18 months) due to heart condition. She was hoping to find some suitable work locally when the virus became a problem for UK. Her boyfriend is being kept on the brewery payroll for the micro brewery that he works for even though they are shut down although he has popped in a couple of times to check the works as nobody else is there.

At present you could consider his own bungalow out in the sticks as a 'second home' but he did visit last week to cut the grass and feed the electric meter lest it ran out of credit and his freezers shut down.

Alan

2005 Nissan X-trail 4WD diesel and Swift Charisma 540 2012 Lunar Clubman ES  2018 Lunar Clubman ES

1 hour ago, Lutz said:

I'm glad that they're taking a more pragmatic approach here in Germany, where unless you are found to be congregating in a group of more than two people you can do more or less whatever you like. This afternoon we shall be driving to the sister-in-law who lives about 30 miles away. We are all over 70 so my wife and I will be sitting on the sister-in-law's garden terrace, she will remain indoors and we will have a nice chat through the French window. Later we'll go for a walk with her across the fields, keeping the required distance. I think we're taking all sensible precautions and I can't see any risk of contagion under such conditions.

Even amongst people who are trying to be safe it is virtually impossible to avoid "any risk" if you are meeting people. Forgetting, even for a moment, when greeting someone can result in a hug or handshake! Who can resist extending a hand for support to an elderly relative who stumbles? The two metre separation is also not a magic shield and even a gentle breeze when walking together in the countryside can carry water droplets on breath further than the normal two metres.

No such thing as no risk, what you mean, whether you understand it or not, is "only an acceptable level of risk"!

57 minutes ago, Easy T said:

The ones that have little chance of social distancing (and in many cases I suspect earning enough to buy food) are those in the many slum towns in the world.

Not only is social distancing impossible under these circumstances but, in the absence of proper healthcare, the numbers will never be even roughly known.

7 minutes ago, Stevan said:

No such thing as no risk, what you mean, whether you understand it or not, is "only an acceptable level of risk"!

I fully agree, but in view of the fact that the mortality rate here in Germany is less than 1 in 1000 of all confirmed cases and I'm not dealing with a confirmed case, I think that risk is so minimal that I can live with it.

Edited by Lutz

You are taking this minimal risk but it is society that suffers the consequences if that risk becomes real. I don't think you understand the situation here in the UK. 

• Like 2
  • I disagree 1
  • I agree completely 1

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

10 minutes ago, WispMan said:

You are taking this minimal risk but it is society that suffers the consequences if that risk becomes real. I don't think you understand the situation here in the UK. 

Why would you think that the population in the UK is at greater risk of infection than in Germany? Theoretically, with all the measures that have been imposed in the UK the risk should be even less.

One is taking risks, albeit minimal ones, every day, even when there is no threat of infection.

Edited by Lutz
  • Like 1

Watch the numbers dianose/deaths  substantially increasing over the next 10 to 14 days. Don't these imbeciles realise  how dangerous this virus is, anybody acting stupidly should be fined heavily not given a ticking off, if they get away with it once they will do it again ,, BETTER STILL  shoot the so ad so's

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • I disagree 2

Les

I am still trying to figure out why the mortality rate in some countries is so much higher than in others. All that I can think of is that tests in those countries simply aren't being carried out early enough, but that has as much to do with the quality of medical care provided as with the behaviour of the people.

2 minutes ago, Lutz said:

I am still trying to figure out why the mortality rate in some countries is so much higher than in others. All that I can think of is that tests in those countries simply aren't being carried out early enough, but that has as much to do with the quality of medical care provided as with the behaviour of the people.

Maybe but also we must accept that the policy for testing differs so the figures between countries may not be directly comparable. It may also be that travel is less restricted in some than others. Personally I fear we're in this for the long haul (just my opinion) but there will be plenty of time for accusations and denials when this is all over, and I am sure the ramifications of this will be with us for years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk.

53 minutes ago, Stevan said:

e. This afternoon we shall be driving to the sister-in-law who lives about 30 miles away. We are all over 70 so my wife and I will be sitting on the sister-in-law's garden terrace, she will remain indoors and we will have a nice chat through the French window. Later we'll go for a walk with her across the fields, keeping the required distance. I think we're taking all sensible precautions and I can't see any risk of contagion under such

Edited by icepuffin
Noticed not U.K. based
  • Like 1

Nissan X trail Dci 150 Sport - Bailey Ranger 520 /4

2 minutes ago, icepuffin said:

I suppose my question is. Is this a necessary journey, could you not speak on the phone or video Talk to your sister in law.

You were quoting me as saying something that Lutz said!

52 minutes ago, Stevan said:

Even amongst people who are trying to be safe it is virtually impossible to avoid "any risk" if you are meeting people. Forgetting, even for a moment, when greeting someone can result in a hug or handshake! Who can resist extending a hand for support to an elderly relative who stumbles? The two metre separation is also not a magic shield and even a gentle breeze when walking together in the countryside can carry water droplets on breath further than the normal two metres.

Not only is social distancing impossible under these circumstances but, in the absence of proper healthcare, the numbers will never be even roughly known.

A number of people thought that this virus needs someone to cough or sneeze but it is passed by atomization in the air especially if enclosed inside and just talking or breathing they are sheding the virus .

They are also still not sure if viral load pays a huge part in how bad you are with the virus so gather in groups can be dangerous .

People need to stay at home and only go out if essential .

Dave

Edited by CommanderDave
  • I agree completely 1

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

12 minutes ago, Lutz said:

It may also be that the population of some countries will follow recommended advice better than the population of other countries (I am thinking about the social-distancing advice here).

I don't think that ANBODY knows the real situation one way or another, we are all trying to make educated guesses, and I pity "them in charge" trying to balance health against the risk of totally trashing the economy and ending up with a cure that is worse than the disease.

• I agree completely 2