Hi.

Firstly,I am more than happy to lose all my booked holidays for this year if it means we can get through this coronavirus and to follow the governments guidelines to stay at home except for emergency,daily exercise etc...

I did attempt to contact CMC but obviously they are both busy and probably undermanned at this time so will not bother them again.

I am lucky enough to be working at the moment but think this may understandably change during the next few weeks.

If I am "furloughed",I want to keep some of my holidays for later in the year rather than "lose" them whilst being at home,so may have to think about cancelling a few days soon.

Whats other members opinions about the "club" re-opening sites earlier than June 30th or is this date "set in stone"

Obviously this will depend on the current situation improving.

Edited by George&Ade
Missed words

I think the re-opening of CMC sites is down to the Govt guidelines. I expect any site to open the moment they are allowed to. Tis not down to the CMC themselves. 

• Like 2

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

I personally don’t think there is any chance of the sites before the end of June.  I think it will it will be Aug or even Sep but keep hoping 

The end of June nearly three months away. 

A lot can/could happen in that time. Personally I wouldn’t make too many plans in preparation for being away then. But I would like to be 100% wrong!

Andy

Experience is an awful teacher who ends up sending you simply horrifying bills

Our Son has been told that his annual leave entitlement will not be affected by furlough - there are going to be a lot of people all wanting to take holidays during the latter part of the year.

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2017 Coachman Pastiche 565.

Honestly, its the plans that's helping me just now. Yes I know it may/will change but its nice to sit with a glass of red making plans ... Better than worrying if you're in the 'going to die' category. As I'm well over 60 and if push comes to shove my ventilator will be pulled off my face and given to young  more deserving person. (I have the utmost sympathy for doctors been put in the position to decide this )

Better open another bottle  😁 stay safe everyone .

• Like 2
  • I agree completely 1

TBH it’ll take a major improvement to persuade me to go out in the van. The notion of getting caught out a long way from home outweighs the appeal of a glass of wine outside or within the awning.

• I agree completely 2

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450

2 hours ago, PaulR said:

Honestly, its the plans that's helping me just now. Yes I know it may/will change but its nice to sit with a glass of red making plans ... Better than worrying if you're in the 'going to die' category. As I'm well over 60 and if push comes to shove my ventilator will be pulled off my face and given to young  more deserving person. (I have the utmost sympathy for doctors been put in the position to decide this )

Better open another bottle  😁 stay safe everyone .

Perhaps you should save that extra bottle for another day. You never know you might even live to enjoy it.

Edited by Ern

Ern

4 hours ago, WispMan said:

I think the re-opening of CMC sites is down to the Govt guidelines. I expect any site to open the moment they are allowed to. Tis not down to the CMC themselves. 

There’s no government guidelines that refer to the end of June, it’s a decision made by CMC

End of June could be realistic, but there may be limitations around the number of people on site

I cannot imagine we will be up and out by the end of June frankly.  Its vertually impossible that it could  come to a sudden end on the last day of June. Will there be conditions and restrictions to keep the risks at acceptable levels? Will we want to go if its not competely clear? We have a site booked in September (optomistic?) and nothing before that because we really dont think its realistic.

Edited by Ern

Ern

59 minutes ago, FrankBullet said:

There’s no government guidelines that refer to the end of June, it’s a decision made by CMC

End of June could be realistic, but there may be limitations around the number of people on site

Exactly, we're a long way off the government even thinking about the exit strategy from the present situation, for organisations be they the CMC or the Premier League  to be even thinking about publicising dates to resume normal service is complete folly.

At this stage it is simply not possible to project the exit strategy and anyone who does is simply putting profit ahead if wellbeing.   

As and when the impact of this virus starts to reduce, the priority will be to get the means of production going again rather than opening up holiday camps.

• I agree completely 5

Land Rover on SORN so not towing anything for a while

When the experts, and government, have absolutely no idea of when this situation will end, I don’t think I would be relying on the members of CT to give me any advice. 😱😱😱

• Like 4

Bessacarr Cameo 525 towed by SsangYong Rexton 2.2 auto in Brown.

I would like to think that we could take the van out sometime later in the year, but I wont be holding my breath.  We had the van serviced in March and had it booked and ready to go, the bed is made up and food was in the van, (which I've since taken out. ) Then I wasn't feeling too good so we delayed it a couple of days,  then we were hearing more about the virus so we cancelled. The following week we were on lock down, how quickly everything changed.

• Like 1

No no no.   The CMC should never open their sites until this virus emergency is officially over.  People's lives come before corporate profit making. 

• I agree completely 2

Until we get a vaccine or the vast majority of the UK has had the Virus and herd immunity is actually a thing how can we contemplate everything going back to normal?

Sorry this lockdown is just about keeping numbers low enough for the NHS to handle. It's not about eradicating the Virus.

Maybe we can get a lid on this if we have the ability to test everyone in the country everytime someone shows symptoms and track and trace their contacts. We are not anywhere near being able to test 60 million people.

We are in this for an extended period.

• Thanks 1
  • I agree completely 3

Yeti 2.0TDi DSG 4X4 L&K, Octavia TSi Manual, Citigo ASG, Swift Challenger.

I can see the UK being on either a lockdown or the population seriously restricted on movement for at least a twelve month. Possibly less if the news from Oxford is to be believed (C4 Friday evening) that they may have a viable vaccine on line for early winter.

Not planning on me or my wife having a job at the end of this. In that case the hope is that the property market recovers before the savings run out and we can realise the equity in our house by downsizing and enjoy our retirement for as long as we can.

Although having said that I called the site in France that we booked last year for June/ July to cancel and they said they were planning on opening in May so would hold our deposit for when we rebook whenever that is. How’s that for optimism?

• Thanks 1
39 minutes ago, Tuningdrew said:

Although having said that I called the site in France that we booked last year for June/ July to cancel and they said they were planning on opening in May so would hold our deposit for when we rebook whenever that is. How’s that for optimism?

However if the UK is still in lockdown in May you probably will not be able to travel towing a caravan.

• Like 1

I do not see anything new being allowed to open before the end of June and I am doubtful about that. As it stands I have only one booking with the CAMH for August as we wanted to visit our daughter and her family near Newport and there is no real choice of sites there except Tredegar House.  I booked that as it can book up and I needed to be sure I could get in if circumstances permit. Assuming we can get in I will find sites on the way down and back at a later date. The dates are written in stone as it has to be during the school holidays and when she has hers and is not away, assuming she can get away.

14 hours ago, Ern said:

Perhaps you should save that extra bottle for another day. You never know you might even live to enjoy it.

Trust me an extra bottle is a cert subject to living through it, and maybe in a new caravan to celebrate.

I wonder what things will be like if you're in the market for a new car or caravan, will it be a Good time or bad, currently I think there is an argument either way.