Sign in to follow this  
V8Vmarkie

Created the perfect pitch

Hi all, hope all caravantalkers are coping as best as possible during these very challenging times we find ourselves in right now :) 

As like many of you we have had to cancel our bookings, earliest of which was the Easter weekend at Battle East Sussex :( we also  had to cancel a fortnight booked starting  the first week  in May  (car only) touring the French Alps then  heading into Italy:( we do have a week in the New Forrest  booked in July which we do not hold out much hope for. 

So what with all my work drying up over night ( construction) and nowhere to go we decided to fully set the caravan up on the drive, awning included B) Had the tape measure out trying to work out exactly where to position the caravan, needed to leave access beside the house,also need access to get in and around the garage, lots of head scratching huffing and puffing but it worked out a treatB)  So we are now in holiday mode, red wine is flowing nicely, may even break into an early Easter egg :o:D

stay safe everybody 

538CD143-2A15-4D75-A049-13E1F56D69A8.jpeg

• Like 6

Well done and a lovely neat solution! 

We've just got back from 5 nights away - by the back door!

Cheers

Keith

• Like 2

Glad to see you’re making the most and keeping spirits (both) up.

Ours is in the driveway so might be copying you!

5FE62670-DEF8-43C1-B93B-27C64AA1E9CA.jpeg

No 20ft rule being observed here! :D

23 minutes ago, BM Bairn said:

Ours is in the driveway so might be copying you!

Ditto, and it's raining here too :(

image.png

6 minutes ago, MalH said:

No 20ft rule being observed here! :D

No caravan to be 20ft from :rolleyes:

Gordon

You could all be copying me who has been in proper self isolation in my touring caravan since March 20th.

I spent last Christmas at Cirencester cc site. Several nights, including Boxing Day,  at Banbury site. After a small gap at home  in West Cheshire I spent 10 nights at the Banbury site before pitching as shown 90 miles from my West Cheshire home.

DSCF6382.JPG

Excellent B):D one thing to consider, pricing ! 2 adults,EHU, hard standing 

im thinking of offering a couple of bottles of red per day :lol:

12 minutes ago, DeeTee said:

You could all be copying me who has been in proper self isolation in my touring caravan since March 20th.

I spent last Christmas at Cirencester cc site. Several nights, including Boxing Day,  at Banbury site. After a small gap at home  in West Cheshire I spent 10 nights at the Banbury site before pitching as shown 90 miles from my West Cheshire home.

Hope the self isolating is going ok Tee Dee 

13 minutes ago, V8Vmarkie said:

Excellent B):D one thing to consider, pricing ! 2 adults,EHU, hard standing 

im thinking of offering a couple of bottles of red per day :lol:

Hope the self isolating is going ok Tee Dee 

Self isolating is going great thanks.

I expected that the S/I would last for about a month, though brought enough clothes for six month cruise. I also brought books to read and Lego models to build. I have so far not looked of any of them.

I brought with me sufficient food for a couple of weeks and so far I have eaten very well with the addition of the vegetables gifted to me and I still have enough for another few days.

For example today I made a chicken and asparagus rissotto. Twice I have had meals of Morrisons( from my local store 90 miles away) Shorthorn sirloin steak, boiled potatoes and carrots, fried onion and tomatoes with Asparagus. Many other meals, all of which I have photographed. I have stewed plums, apples and also knitted my own yogurt, though it was quite a low yield of 40% though a couple 200g portions are not to be sniffed at.

The other challenge I am still working at is the challenge of an Android Smart phone, which was presented to me on arrival with only a modest crib sheet.

There is no signal in this area for my mobe, the provider for which is EE. I need to walk to the next village to get a signal. Fortunately I have got the hang of making phone calls with the Smart phone.

Having left my tower PC at home I only have an MSi Net Book for my IT needs which only uses webmail for emails.

At least I have 4G signal nearby.

When I get the hang of my comms facilities I hope to post some photos on this forum.

10 hours ago, Gordon said:

Ditto, and it's raining here too :(

No caravan to be 20ft from :rolleyes:

Gordon

" Ditto, and it's raining here too :("

See, I told you we should have stopped at home. :rolleyes::lol:

• Haha 1

Look on the bright side, it's springtime, so the rain is getting warmer :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

I am in somebody else’s driveway on the last leg of the journey home. 1800 miles with only 1 site open is a real PIA.

Will be on my own driveway this afternoon.

IanB3C34FD1-B9E7-49AF-85CC-9A29B1DC070F.thumb.jpeg.b6e618cec1d89058613674f66c2ceb55.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IanV8 said:

I am in somebody else’s driveway on the last leg of the journey home. 1800 miles with only 1 site open is a real PIA.

That's why we elected to stay put.

P1050859.JPG.5e594b825b063a21625047d48ae5dd81.JPG

Glad to her you made it;)

Good to hear you finally made it but sounds like a journey you would not want to repeat. 

One of my neighbours drove virtually non stop with their caravan from Benidorm to Cumbria. 

22 hours ago, Flying Grandad said:

That's why we elected to stay put.

P1050859.JPG.5e594b825b063a21625047d48ae5dd81.JPG

Glad to her you made it;)

We would of but even those who were booked on the site for the next couple of months had to leave. They moved into holiday flats and left their vans on the site FOC.

Ian

I remember some on here thinking I was crackers last February when we did the same thing. :) Who's daft now eh :D

• Like 1

We shuld have been on  Duoro river cruise leaving tomorrow.  its our anniversary on 11 April.

It was obviously canceled but we have been offered 125% credit against another holiday valid 2 years , money back if we cannot do it. So no complaints.

We will have a bbq in the garden( weather permitting). I have a full gas bottle and plenty of wood for our chiminea!

Plenty of wine in garage from last year's France trips.

Our caravan is safely in storage.

Sign in to follow this