Caravan alarm

Message added by CT Advertising,

We have a 2018 VIP and our alarm sounder is not very loud - depends on which side of the caravan you are standing on. I think this normal for the Sargent Alarm and a bit pathetic.

In our previous Motorhomes our alarm system sounders were so loud you couldn't sit in the MH when they were activated.  

After more than 35 years caravanning changed to motorhome for 5 years and loved it but now back in the fold of caravanning but still miss our motorhome.

Kia Sorento KX3 Auto - 2021 Coachman Laser Xcel 575 Sussex Caravans Limited Edition

I seem to recall you can adjust the volume, (but I would need to see the book as to how) I did turn the beeps down for setting the alarm on ours.

I

10 hours ago, Chris476 said:

My alarm on my 2014 Coachman VIP is very low tone hardly hear it. Are they all like this?

I have a 2014 Coachman VIP, and have just checked the instruction leaflet "Sargent Stinger 310" and there are NO instructions to increase or decrease the volume. Sensitivity yes but not volume

I have found it better to stand either at the front or the offside when setting the alarm as it is easier to hear

Les

Just checked it was the 300 I adjusted the beeper volume

Two long beeps - Beeper volume adjustment Press the arm/disarm button to cycle through the 7 available volume levels. When you are happy with the selected volume, press the program mode button to move to the next setting.

Must have been on our last Lunar Clubman.