Sign in to follow this  
dwight

Alternative to toilet cleaner

Hi All.

I am about to run out of toilet cleaner and we can't get anymore due to all the caravan shops being shut. Is it possible to use an alternative such as bleach ?

Cheers, D.

6 minutes ago, dwight said:

Hi All.

I am about to run out of toilet cleaner and we can't get anymore due to all the caravan shops being shut. Is it possible to use an alternative such as bleach ?

Cheers, D.

Is this for you caravan/motorhome?  Do you mean the cassette/holding tank?  If it's for the cassette/holding tank just use a bio dish washer tablet.  Or any bio detergent.  Please give us all the details you think might be relevant.

Nothing wrong with bleach, I use it in my caravan loo every now an again, I just rinse it all thoroughly after using it.  I dont use it neat a or leave it on the seals and stuff for a prolonged period.

The loo wont suffer because you cant get expensive Thetford stuff but it will if you use an abrasive cleaner like Cif

• Thanks 1

If soap and water is good enough for Covid19 your toilet will be just fine with it. ;)

40 minutes ago, kelper said:

Is this for you caravan/motorhome?  Do you mean the cassette/holding tank?  If it's for the cassette/holding tank just use a bio dish washer tablet.  Or any bio detergent.  Please give us all the details you think might be relevant.

Yes it's for a toilet cassette tank.

• Thanks 1

Bio washing liquid, been using it for years, works a treat. Best I have found is the stuff from ALDI.

Andy

• Like 1

The Range sell it and are still open

• Haha 1

Recently had a delivery from Amazon. (We use Elsan blue double strength).

Aldi for me, and a pleasant odour, does the job well

Lidl Bio Washing tablets for us! Used them for years!

40 minutes ago, PR1 said:

Lidl Bio Washing tablets for us! Used them for years!

Went for the Lidl liquid! Thanks for all the helpful advice all - stay safe!

Are we talking about an annual clean, or the stuff to deodorizer and break down the Sh** in everyday use.  If the latter, do you use bio washing liquid for that task?

If all else fails, ALDI are advertising caravan stuff on sale from Sunday, including both blue and green fluids.

14 minutes ago, ChrisUK said:

Are we talking about an annual clean, or the stuff to deodorizer and break down the Sh** in everyday use.  If the latter, do you use bio washing liquid for that task?

Yes, we use the bio tablets all the time! Breaks down solids perfectly!

25 minutes ago, robloasby said:If all else fails, ALDI are advertising caravan stuff on sale from Sunday, including both blue and green fluids.

Not any more their not! 

Check their website, no mention of ANY caravan/camping stuff for this weekend now. Hardly surprising really.

Andy

5 hours ago, Mr Plodd said:

Not any more their not! 

Check their website, no mention of ANY caravan/camping stuff for this weekend now. Hardly surprising really.

Andy

Why not go and get the leaflet from the shop which shows it.

Posted (edited)

Perhaps the leaflets were produced long before the restrictions were in place? . 

I certainly got advanced notification of the items on offer this coming weekend (5th April) if you go onto their website there is nothing now listed as being “special buys” fir the 5th hence my comments. See below, big gap between 2nd and 13th! 

2E5B2379-B2EB-4D86-B3F8-36DF31B1C5F0.png

Edited by Mr Plodd

As per an earlier thread, the caravanning special is definitely cancelled  - I confirmed it with the manager in our local store.

TBH, you’d have thought that having bought all the stuff and printed the pamphlets and price labels, etc, Aldi would have have gone ahead with it anyway - people appear to enjoy hoarding at the moment.

John

• Thanks 1

Don't use bleach on plastics it will harden them and make them brittle.