Sign in to follow this  
robertB

Nissan Qashqai

Hi   I have the  chance of buying a very cheap very low milage  Nissan Qashqai but it has only the 1.5 diesel engine.

I know this is far from ideal but I need to tow an Elddis odyssey 462 with a MTPLM of 1350 kg.

Would this just about do it or would it be a complete waste of time, the 1.6 is not an option

Posted (edited)

I considered the Qashqai recently when deciding what cars to include on my window browsing for a new tow car. The 1.5L nissan diesel engine is probably adequate to lug the total weight of the outfit you describe, however I would check the particular car details (easy to do as you know the car in question) . Look at the plate on the car b post and read the V5 and instruction book for the car. As you are not asking for 4WD or anything  the car could be a sensible choice. The Qashqai are held in high regard by owners. Any doubt about the figures post them here and you will soon know.

Edited by Ern

thanks Ern,  the car in question is my sons company car, it is 4 years old and done 16000 miles and is about half the retail price.  there is divided opinion on its max towing weight but I will definitely be checking the B post and if it's ok I really can't not buy it.  Will have to wait until this lot dies down though

Provided the towing limit is OK it looks a bargain. It should manage the caravan but it will be steady going.

This will give you an idea, the Kadjar and Qashqai are the same car and this one is the 1.5dCi;

So long as the Qashqai can tow the weight legally I’m sure it will be fine if a little

slow

• Like 1