Black Grouse

Clap for Carers - Tonight 8pm

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/03/26/thank-nhs-tonights-clap-carers/

The Clap for our Carers campaign will bring together the nation tonight to thank NHS workers who are tirelessly battling the coronavirus pandemic. 

On Thursday March 26, at 8pm, everyone is invited to applaud those looking after our loved ones from their windows, doorsteps or balconies. 

The message is circulating widely on social media and hundreds of thousands of people across the UK are expected to participate. 

Why are people doing it?

The organisers of the campaign - which started online - say they decided to stage it because "during these unprecedented times they (NHS staff) need to know we are grateful".

They say our frontline medical personnel face an unprecedented challenge and the best thing we can do in return, other than staying at home, is thank those risking their own health to help others. 

Recently retired personnel, as well as students nearing the end of their training, are expected to join forces tackling the pandemic and deserve our thanks for doing so. 

• Like 2

Well, we clapped. So did most of the people in our Close.

• Like 1
  • I agree completely 1

Our road came out in force and made a good sound :) 

• Like 1

All our neighbours out including elderly and kids, all very loud and respectful. A small gesture to say thank you👍

I stood outside to clap myself and my colleagues, also had strobe lights going off. There were also fireworks (not us).  I am not 'Front Line' but  part of the mechanism behind the FL so it can hopefully do its job, for those that need it? 

When its bed time, if I am first in bed, I tell the wife, social distancing, she has to  sleep on the floor.:) NOT!!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, Paul Bailey said:

NHS = National Hero Service

:Plus1:

20200326_133225.jpg.ce650479dfb0336eac12fb9c5d4af5a6.jpg

• I agree completely 1

Plenty of noise here! Everybody just leaned out of windows,so separation was kept!

An amazing reaction!

NHS are doing the best they can with the resources they’ve got, no question about that. Many UK citizens aren’t making it any easier for them though 

Son said there was a big response on his road with many leaning out their windows clapping. A lady putting her bin out thought they were applauding her! 

• Plenty out in our street. Loads of fireworks going off . Thank you NHS.

It’s a well meant gesture but it is not Social Distancing

2ACFD616-AB26-45B0-8EE0-1E262D855497.png

BC6753A4-878F-46B2-BFDD-E74C74AAF9E9.png

But what about the poor old coppers - they don't seem to get as much praise as health workers but they face the same dangers in their job. I included them when I clapped. :)

• Like 1

Also the postman delivering the mail and the bin men.  The bin men are more likely to get Covid 19 that most other groups of essential workers.  We always wear gloves when doing the bin.

• Like 1

My daughter's husband is a copper in Birmingham and it is mind boggling what he has to do to chase after and apprehend scumbags. He is very fit (ex footballer) so he is the team greyhound that catches them, but these creatures have no respect for law and order so will vigorously resist arrest, and they like to spit.

My daughter is 8 months pregnant and is now working from home but I worry what her husband might bring home with him.

• Like 1

So is it every Thursday night at 8.00 now?

My son-in-law had not heard of this, until he got home from doing deliveries from his restaurant.

He said to our daughter:

" I pulled up outside a block of flats to do a delivery, and as I got out of the car, everyone in the flats started clapping and cheering.  I waved and it got louder.  How nice to be appreciated.  They were still clapping and cheering as I drove away!

It took her a while to tell him what was going on, as she was laughing and crying so much! :lol:

He knows now!

• Haha 1

We didn't take part in this simply because we saw it on Facebook and assumed it was the usual Facebook hoax/fake news/rubbish.  It wasn't until we heard clapping outside that we realised just what a huge event it was.

The NHS are doing an excellent job, as are all the others trying to keep the wheels of the country turning during these awful times.  I salute and applaud each and every one of them.