Tracey Amber

Rear light cluster

Hi all, does anybody have a wiring diagram for the rear light clusters on a 2007 Hobby UK Collection?  I'd be very grateful if you have!

Welcome. 

Maybe tell us your problem and we'll try to help.

13 pin or 7 pin plug/socket? 

Is there 12V on respective pin from car? 

A common problem with road lights on a caravan is the earth rusting and failing so it's not just tracing the live. You need to ensure the negative earth exists at the cluster. 

Hi Graham, it's 7 pin and yes, there's 12v from car.  Bought the caravan a while ago and have never towed it (apart from the very short distance we bought it from), none of the lights work and on removal, can see that they've all been disconnected, for some strange reason?! Just want to get them all reconnected and up and running. Not quite sure which light is which, ie, fog light, brake lights etc.

What has been disconnected and where? There must have been a reason why someone did this. 

Do you have the connection diagram for the 7pin 12N plug on the caravan? 

The first thing I would do is fit a new 7pkn plug on the caravan as they only cost £3 and make sure each wire to the plug has clean brass and is well screws down inside the plug. 

The whole of the back lights were disconnected. No idea why though. We'd already fitted a new plug. We've managed to get most of them working now though, apart from the reversing lights and one side light, so we're getting there! Would just be easier with a wiring diagram, but I can't find one anywhere online...

At least you are getting there. Well done! 

Don't forget that it was probably disconnected for a reason. Perhaps the unit was swapped out in exchange  for a faulty one since the previous owner of yours was not planning on towing.

On 26/03/2020 at 11:22, Tracey Amber said:

Hi all, does anybody have a wiring diagram for the rear light clusters on a 2007 Hobby UK Collection?  I'd be very grateful if you have!

Hi Tracy I've got one knocking about somewhere, I'll see if I can unearth it.

Late to this party but, the reversing light is on the 12s plug and wouldn’t it be a simple job to run a wire from working side light to patch into the non working side. Quick and dirty but should work. 

On 27/03/2020 at 11:01, Stevan said:

Don't forget that it was probably disconnected for a reason. Perhaps the unit was swapped out in exchange  for a faulty one since the previous owner of yours was not planning on towing.

Thanks, Stevan, but it's actually both light clusters that were disconnected.

On 27/03/2020 at 11:30, Silversurf said:

Hi Tracy I've got one knocking about somewhere, I'll see if I can unearth it.

If you could find it, that would be amazing, thank you!

7 hours ago, fred said:

Late to this party but, the reversing light is on the 12s plug and wouldn’t it be a simple job to run a wire from working side light to patch into the non working side. Quick and dirty but should work. 

It would be a possibility...

Sorry all for the late replies, I've got alerts switched on for replies, but it doesn't seem to be working...

These help?

13-pin-connection-check-list.jpg

13-pin-towing-socket-01.jpg