dustypete

French site - Open and Offering Refuge on Free Pitches

Just noticed  Forest  View campsite in Normandy is offering  free temporary refuge , google it 

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, dustypete said:

google it 

You COULD have provided a link :rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • I do not understand 1

26 minutes ago, Mr Plodd said:

You COULD have provided a link :rolleyes:

Anybody could have to be helpful  - LINK

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

That is super helpful and could help out many people trying to return to the UK.

Alan

• I agree completely 2

Camping Sous les Etoiles is another British owned site, where the owner has gone out of his way to help those returning to the UK, and to keep them safe.  Whilst it's not on a direct route that people would use if on their way back from Spain to the UK, I think they deserve support, and it's very convenient for those travelling via Caen and Cherbourg, whenever things get back to normal.  

• I agree completely 1

11 minutes ago, ValA said:

Camping Sous les Etoiles is another British owned site, where the owner has gone out of his way to help those returning to the UK, and to keep them safe.  Whilst it's not on a direct route that people would use if on their way back from Spain to the UK, I think they deserve support, and it's very convenient for those travelling via Caen and Cherbourg, whenever things get back to normal.  

How I wish we could go and support them!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, dustypete said:

Just noticed  Forest View campsite in Normandy is offering  free temporary refuge

I have received an email from Peter, the owner of Forest View Campsite, thanking CT for the link, and confirming that they have a "a stunning relationship" with their local Maire, and so their site will remain open unless they are forced to close. Peter also said, "Please remind everyone they must call us before arrival to check we still have space".

Gordon.

http://www.forestviewfrance.co.uk

Tel: 0033 (0) 677224539

• Like 1

Already got Peter’s coordinates as could be there in a couple of days.

Ian

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IanV8 said:

Already got Peter’s coordinates as could be there in a couple of days.

Ian

Ian,

Assuming you've already spoken to Peter, I wish you a safe and incident free journey.

Gordon.

Yes do keep us updated with your trip back to the UK. 

15 hours ago, ValA said:

I think he’s had to close under the new rules Val, but I agree he’s been super helpful.

Glen.

• Thanks 1

On 27/03/2020 at 08:38, Gordon said:

Ian,

Assuming you've already spoken to Peter, I wish you a safe and incident free journey.

Gordon.

I hadn’t at that time but did last night, booked in for two nights and he has arranged a vet for Monday morning.

Ian

• Thanks 1

We see you are progressing back towards the UK. We will watch your progress with interest. 

Good luck! 

• Like 1

Stay safe Ian and thanks for the update.

Gordon.

Arrived on site yesterday and met at the gate by Peter, the entrance is closed off by crowd barriers so you have to phone ahead.

Pitched in the orchard which is normally the family area, plenty room as the pitches are not marked out. The adult only area round the lake is closed off as there is ground work going on there but looks very nice.

Water, Elsan and EHU all available but an extra donation is expected if using EHU.

A little out of the way for a one night stop but we will use it when we can come this way again.

Dog is booked for the vet on Monday morning and the site dog walk area is 22 acres just across the road.

Ian

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, IanV8 said:

Arrived on site yesterday and met at the gate by Peter, the entrance is closed off by crowd barriers so you have to phone ahead.

When I read this I thought you were at the Pearly Gates!😄

Edited by Legal Eagle

21 hours ago, Legal Eagle said:

When I read this I thought you were at the Pearly Gates!😄

Felt like it compared to filling station car parks.

Ian