DUNCAN123

Dream outfit

Me? BMW X5 M50D & Buccaneer Commodore :wub:

One day maybe one day ...

15 hours ago, Johnaldo said:

Not in a million years, Bubble !

I don’t think any caravan designer has ever stayed one single night in a caravan 😯

John

The design director at Elddis when they were owned by the Constantine Group did and his model range of choice was the Avante range.

Any caravan that washed itself.

Ian

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • I agree completely 1

Grand Cherokee SRT with either an Adria or German made van with a proper width bed 5ft wide not the UK rubbish 4ft 3 or 5.

This is my biggest gripe with UK vans, and longer front seating.

The Jeep is fast big and bold, not what a caravanner is looking for.

A Porsche or SQ7 would be the sensible choice.

Not in the right area but I wonder what will happen to the market this year, Discounts on vans or even worse cease trading.

I would like a new Adria but wife doesn't like colour scheme inside to white, compared to our Bessacarr.

David

I’m quite happy with what I have. The Ssangyong has proved to be every bit as good as we’d hoped and we already have our dream caravan. EP self levelling would be nice  though and an upgrade to the powrtouch, not AWD, just a little brisker. 

Edited by Tuningdrew
Text

We really have our dream combo; Nisan Navara towing our Bucanneer Cruiser. We wouldn't change the Cruiser for anything-it really is a hotel on wheels and that underfloor heating-just superb. HOWEVER while the Nav is brilliant for us with having a very messy dog, However as things progress I would change this to the Tesla Model X but I'd want a bit more than the current approximate towing range of 100miles before that happened!Currently we'd probably go for the Range Rover Sport or Velar with the biggest petrol engine or the top of the range Rangey.

6 hours ago, german in the blood said:

Grand Cherokee SRT with either an Adria or German made van with a proper width bed 5ft wide not the UK rubbish 4ft 3 or 5.

This is my biggest gripe with UK vans, and longer front seating.

The Jeep is fast big and bold, not what a caravanner is looking for.

A Porsche or SQ7 would be the sensible choice.

Not in the right area but I wonder what will happen to the market this year, Discounts on vans or even worse cease trading.

I would like a new Adria but wife doesn't like colour scheme inside to white, compared to our Bessacarr.

David

When I looked at buying a new Grand Cherokee SRT a few years ago I found you can't get a towbar because of their exhaust system .

Edited by CommanderDave

49 minutes ago, CommanderDave said:

When I looked at buying a new Grand Cherokee SRT a few years ago I found you can't get a towbar because of their exhaust system .

That's interesting as we've owned two Grand Cherokees, a 4ltr straight 6 and a 4.7ltr V8, both converted to LPG running, and both used for towing, although that was a few years ago, so maybe the exhaust system takes a different path below the vehicle on the later models.

image.png

I love our current caravan and really would struggle to know what to change it for? However if I had the money I would add self levelling, a dishwasher and a self inflating, pegging awning that puts itself on and off the awning rail.

As far as a tow car either a Diesel V8 Range Rover Autobiography or a Porsche Cayenne S 4.2 V8 diesel. 

Yes didn't it run two pipes out the middle, Can't remember if the latest is capable of having a towbar, but seeing a clip on pistonheads going up the runway (that's nice)  wouldn't want a caravan on the though.

I wonder how a vehicle like that would corner at speeds greater than our max speed limit.

I did try a summit 64 plate but couldn't afford that and wanting to change the caravan as well. Wife didn't like the pax side felt she had to keep her legs to the side, seat to close to the tunnel, did you find that?

Have now bought a old Merc GL 

David 

Cash no object, Audi RSQ8 and whatever the top of the range Hymer is these days.

Something over 3500kg and one of the larger Adria Alpina imports. Would be my retirement travels choice. 

We're lucky and have ours: Volvo XC90  followed very closely y a Buccaneer Clipper. 

Only wish (wishful thinking more like) would be a better payload for the van, though I guess that's everybody's wish.