Gabe

Avondale rialto 2000 manual

Hi!

I want to buy an Avondale Rialto caravan which was built in 2000 and looking for a manual.

Could somebody help me and give advice where can I find one?

I read in iternet that the manufacturer doesn'jt exist anymore. Is it easy to find and buy parts if   I had technical problems?

Thanks  a lot,

Gabe

The manuals are in a topic pinned at the top of this Avondale section

Thanks a lot!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Gabe said:

I read in iternet that the manufacturer doesn'jt exist anymore. Is it easy to find and buy parts if   I had technical problems?

Yes - the company closed their business in 2008.   Most of the equipment like toilet, fridge, room heater and chassis are supplied by other companies and used in most makes of caravans.   The caravan which you intend buying will be identical to the one I own.   You may find some help in my blog.

Dear Jaydug,

Thank you for the many useful informations and details about your Rialto caravan. I found a caravan which looks like in good shape, but after reading your experiences in your blog, although I am not a mechanic I have to check once again the caravan I intend to buy. If you made all the renewal on your own, congratulations to you, you made excellent work! Despite of the technical problems, are you content with your Rialto caravan? Would you recommend buying this type?

I am looking for your reply.

Sincerely yours: Gabe

All Avondale caravans will now be over ten years old so your primary concern as with any older caravan, has to be the body integrity regarding damp penetration.

I have owned numerous caravans manufactured by Avondale, including Rialto models, and I felt at the time that generally they stood up well against the competition in terms of build quality and general appearance. If you find a Rialto that is in good condition, be aware that while most equipment onboard is still available and supported in terms of spares, bespoke components such as body mouldings, replacement graphics, and any model-specific parts will be harder to source.

There were two clubs in the UK for Avondale owners:-

The Avondale Owners Club (ACOC) appear to have closed their website and now have a Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/Avondalecaravanownersclub

The All Avondale Owners Caravan Club (AAOCC) formerly the Perle Leda Owners Caravan Club (PLOCC) http://www.aaocc.org.uk

Additionally, since the demise of the manufacturer in August 2008  another site has opened with information at http://www.avondalecaravans.com

I hope the above is useful and I wish you well in your quest.

Gordon. 

9 hours ago, Gabe said:

I am looking for your reply.

An elderly caravan can look attractive at first sight, but without a careful inspection can turn into an expensive disaster.   If rain has managed to penetrate a joint or seam, the internal woodwork could be damaged beyond repair.   So it's most important that every part of the internal body is examined for dampness, especially around window and door openings and roof joints.    If you don't feel confident to do the inspection yourself, it would be money well spent to find a local caravan engineer to carry out the inspection for you.  

Avondales of the 80's & 90's were very well built.   My Rialto is the third one I've owned over 56 years of caravanning, and I haven't been  disappointed with any of them, however all vehicles require on going maintenance.

Once you are satisfied with the integrity of the bodywork, you can turn to the internal fittings.   Check the function of the fire both on gas and electricity.   Get the owner to show you how to operate it.   Likewise with the fridge.  

Underneath the van, things should be in a reasonable state - unless the caravan has stood on a site for years.   Winding down one of the legs could give an indication as to maintenance.   Look also at the tyres.   Ideally they should be less than 7 years old, but should you end up buying the van, it would be a good idea to treat it to a new pair.   I wish you well.

• I agree completely 2

Dear Gordon and Jaydug,

Thank you for your very useful hints!

Gabe

• Thanks 1