Hi  we bought our caravan a year ago, understandably the dealer has closed the service was booked in for April to go in for some things to be done under the years warranty, I totally understand there position but surely a e-mail just to confirm what will happen to customers already booked in would have been nice. Hope everyone is keeping safe. Thanks Paul.

It all happened rather quickly (the shut down of nearly everything) didn’t it? 

I think you are being a tad unrealistic in expecting the dealer to contact everyone with such short notice. It was only last night we were told to shut everything down from THIS morning.

Andy

Experience is an awful teacher who ends up sending you simply horrifying bills

If they were able to do anything in the time available, it would probably be trying to get vans off the premises that were already on site, ie getting owners to collect them, whether or not the work had been completed.

You may find as the weeks go on and time gets nearer to your booked date, they may contact you, or alternatively they may put a general note on their website.

From Swift

I'd assume other will follow. 

Saw a post on our club site on Facebook Lunar are doing the same 

90702291_10159720891192729_278686452013858816_n.jpg

Lunar Solaris 1 Limited Edition Hopefully Behind A

BMW 520D MSport Touring. ...

***** Jack of all Trades. ... Master of None *****

Some dealers have started the process, but I expect that most will be working in date order, so April bookings will have to wait until they notify all the March bookings.

Found it

90596734_10159718783537729_3485485983565086720_n.jpg

Lunar Solaris 1 Limited Edition Hopefully Behind A

BMW 520D MSport Touring. ...

***** Jack of all Trades. ... Master of None *****

This is from Coachman Caravans Ltd,-

14 hrs

Notice to all our customers.

Many of our customers who are due their Annual Service are contacting us concerned about meeting their deadline dates due to the Coronavirus restrictions placed upon Companies, Dealerships and Service Centres etc.
Please, do not worry. We will not penalise any customers within this period providing their caravan is serviced within 90 days of the Government restrictions being lifted.

Until this time, we hope you and your families remain safe and look forward to touring in the future.

Coachman Caravan Company Limited.

• Thanks 1

Skoda Scout 4x4 pulling a coachman Amara 520/4 at 93%---- when full!

I would email the Dealer and Manufacturer and give them the details of when your van was booked in and the details of the warrantee issues you have, at least you will have something in writing to fall back on if there is a dispute when this COVID-19 is over

Les

3 hours ago, david 1220 said:

This is from Coachman Caravans Ltd,-

14 hrs

Notice to all our customers.

Many of our customers who are due their Annual Service are contacting us concerned about meeting their deadline dates due to the Coronavirus restrictions placed upon Companies, Dealerships and Service Centres etc.
Please, do not worry. We will not penalise any customers within this period providing their caravan is serviced within 90 days of the Government restrictions being lifted.

Until this time, we hope you and your families remain safe and look forward to touring in the future.

Coachman Caravan Company Limited.

Did Coachman email you direct? or is this on their website.

I got an e mail today from Adria also saying they will extend the servicing requirement to three months from the normal anniversary date.

At least the industry has shown some common sense.

Bailey did the same, I had ours done before the lockdown, its backmin storage, I hope the deale rship manages in these difficult times .

Hyundai Santa Fe+Bailey Unicorn Cadiz

Mini Cooper convertible -fun Car!:)

On 26/03/2020 at 13:38, Tradewinds said:

It was published on social media - Twitter and Facebook to name but two sites.

1958 Morris Minor towing 2012 Hobby Landhaus

3 hours ago, Wildwood said:

... At least the industry has shown some common sense....

While they appear to be showing some common sense/flexibility I think that the reply from Coachman is far more 'acting in the spirit of the situation'. Firstly it acknowledges that it will be a decision of government as to when any degree of normality might be resumed and then giving a reasonable 90 days after that to accommodate catch-up. To me the others appear to be making their offers a bit more conditional.   

I quite agree jetA1, I emailed Coachman on Monday morning concerned as my dealer looked as though they were about to close, and actually did so on Tuesday, after Boris' broadcast on Monday night. I had a reply yesterday to the same effect as you stated. My caravan is booked in for it's first service at the end of June and Coachman's reply giving me a 90 day extension after the Government restrictions are lifted certainly put my mind at rest. In my opinion a very responsible and compassionate attitude. Thank you Coachman.

2020 VW Touareg R line towing 2019 VIP 565 with powertouch mover.

On 24/03/2020 at 18:31, JanandJay said:

From Swift

I'd assume other will follow. 

Saw a post on our club site on Facebook Lunar are doing the same 

90702291_10159720891192729_278686452013858816_n.jpg

Swift have doubled the period to 4 months.

https://www.swiftgroup.co.uk/owners/servicing

On 26/03/2020 at 13:38, Tradewinds said:

Facebook

Skoda Scout 4x4 pulling a coachman Amara 520/4 at 93%---- when full!