My hands are getting knackered with all the washing, getting spit skin like paper cuts across all my fingers.

I'm reminded of this when I use an alcohol based sanitiser :(

• I agree completely 1
7 minutes ago, Dave Capiro owner said:

My hands are getting knackered with all the washing, getting spit skin like paper cuts across all my fingers.

I'm reminded of this when I use an alcohol based sanitiser :(

Ha Ha, sorry, but I predicted the same last week! 

Moisturise after, or stop using hand sanitizer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The same question could be asked if your house can remain affected?  Who knows?  If you have a cold or ordinary flu, you don't get re-infected in your house.  So very much doubt it

Other than a reminder to not touch your face until after you have washed your hands I can't see the benefit of using gloves. The virus doesn't enter through the skin.

We've got a dispenser of hand sanitiser on the hall table to remind us to clean up after dealing with post, wheelie bin etc.

Land Rover on SORN so not towing anything for a while

50 minutes ago, onewheelonmywagon said:

Other than a reminder to not touch your face until after you have washed your hands I can't see the benefit of using gloves. The virus doesn't enter through the skin.

We've got a dispenser of hand sanitiser on the hall table to remind us to clean up after dealing with post, wheelie bin etc.

Fine if it is an anti-viral sanitiser. Many of the anti -bacterial ones lull people into a false sense of security.

14 hours ago, CommanderDave said:

They are still learning and doing research into the transmission .

Dave

I read tonight that they are finding live virus on the ship in Japan 17 days after the last effected passengers had left the ship .

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

16 minutes ago, CommanderDave said:

I read tonight that they are finding live virus on the ship in Japan 17 days after the last effected passengers had left the ship .

Dave

The article I read referred to traces of Covid RNA, not live virus, and it was Covid 2 not Covid 19!

Very different, but deliberately published to alarm.

• Like 1

If you think this through..The only people who have been in your van is you and your family. If they have been infected then you would either know or be asymptomatic, either way you will have now grown immunity.

• I agree completely 1
5 hours ago, Stevan said:

Fine if it is an anti-viral sanitiser. Many of the anti -bacterial ones lull people into a false sense of security.

It's home made - 75% isopropanol 25% Aloe Vera gel.

Land Rover on SORN so not towing anything for a while

1 hour ago, onewheelonmywagon said:

It's home made - 75% isopropanol 25% Aloe Vera gel

Have some 99.9% Isopropanol in my garage (got it before the price went through the roof) and mixed some with Boots Glycerin at 80%/20%, potent stuff.

Got some £1 pump type air fresheners from Range, emptied them out and re-filled them with my brew, keep one in each each car.

Have anti bacterial hand wash by the sinks in the house but that is just for regular hand washing, not the same stuff.

Stay safe - Griff.  :ph34r:

Wheels at the front - Discovery 4. Wheels at the back - Bessacarr 845.

8 hours ago, colin h said:

If you think this through..The only people who have been in your van is you and your family. If they have been infected then you would either know or be asymptomatic, either way you will have now grown immunity.

A report of reseach into immune suppression in China from the virus I read said that because a majority of the population show very little effect the amount of resistance built up in the body is minimal . The conclusion from the report was that all precautions should be made not to catch it again .

Dave

8 hours ago, Stevan said:

The article I read referred to traces of Covid RNA, not live virus, and it was Covid 2 not Covid 19!

Very different, but deliberately published to alarm.

The article I read used " survived "which to me says still alive ?

Edited by CommanderDave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .