Stupid people with no consideration for others.

I dont really think it helps a lot when people start taking stuff personally unless it's specifically addressed to them. 

Some people are over sensitive an cannot see a joke and feel they've got to defend either themselves or someone else whether it's relevant or not.

As I said, if people want to explore mental health issues then lets have a thread specifically for that purpose and those who want to contribute can and those who don't, wont have to.

It saves having to sift stuff that's relevant to the thread with those who've got a different agenda and want to air different views.

Just my opinion you understand as is my original comment that spreading someone else's grief  through this thread or the media probably isn't everso helpful to those who are involved whether it was in Yahoo News or the Daily Star.

• Thanks 1
  • I disagree 1
  • I agree completely 1

2018 S-Max Titanium 2. 0 Tdci (177. 54bhp,180ps,132kw) Powershift + 2015 Unicorn III Cadz, Ventura Marlin porch awning

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The government will be held to account when we have the next general election. At the moment we have an elected government trying very hard to deal witha a nightmare Pandemiic. We have the experts we

He might not find it so funny about shaking hands with Coronavirus sufferers now. There have been plenty of calls for others to be sacked or prosecuted for recklessness and rightly so.  Clearly this d

I’ve been a mountain rescue volunteer for nearly 20 years. In that time I’ve never known anyone set out for a walk or bike ride expecting to need to be rescued.   But accidents happen. And in t

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, Borussia 1900 said:

I never had any problems with mental health issues, I’m 48, ex military, Op Tours of Bosnia and Iraq behind me, one of my best army mates hung himself, no dramas, hard as nails me until.......... boooom! Out of the blue last November, I proper lost the plot, worst thing I’ve ever experienced, terrible. Talking to people helps, my family and friends have been great and I’m seeing a psychiatrist.

Many of us have been there Bo, far more than many realise. 

• Thanks 2

Alan

2005 Nissan X-trail 4WD diesel and Swift Charisma 540 2012 Lunar Clubman ES  2018 Lunar Clubman ES

22 hours ago, clairendave said:

Should be made illegal somehow imo.  Stuff Like this didn't happen so widely before social media. It's getting out of hand. 

We still have a choice, to ignore or to take part.   The choice is ours. 

• Like 2
22 hours ago, clairendave said:

Should be made illegal somehow imo.  Stuff Like this didn't happen so widely before social media. It's getting out of hand. 

Fake news, propaganda and Chinese whispers are nothing new.  Of course they spread more quickly and widely with social media.  but they can also be quelled faster.

A recent example that did the rounds.  Stay away from 'houseparty' or you will have your computer and that of all your acquaintances hacked.

Within two days it had been well and truly quashed.  But no doubt caused some disruption I the mean time.

It's not social media per se, that are the problem, but the malicious and or uninformed as well as those less able to defend them selves on line.

John

Volvo V70 D3 SE (was Peugeot 4007, SsangYong Korando), Pulling a Lunar Clubman SI 2015. If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present.

I was astounded to learn that a number of people actually took the government to court on the grounds that civil liberties were being curtailed by the lockdown. Fortunately, the court quickly came to a verdict that measures to control the epidemic take precedence over civil liberties.

How on earth did they manage to get it to court? Usually takes months.

There's a lot of Talk on the leftist-leaning sites (not just in the UK) about infringing civil liberties, 'uman rights, etc (as there usually is) but not seen anything about an actual court case.

1 hour ago, 2seaside said:

How on earth did they manage to get it to court? Usually takes months.

There's a lot of Talk on the leftist-leaning sites (not just in the UK) about infringing civil liberties, 'uman rights, etc (as there usually is) but not seen anything about an actual court case.

They tried by court injunction.

The number of idiots defying the advice is truly astounding,  just looking at Manchester as an example.  Local headlines are:

GMP were called to 500 house parties last weekend... some had DJs, bouncy castles and fireworks. This Bank Holiday, there can't be a repeat - follow the lockdown rules

Click on them for full article.

John

Volvo V70 D3 SE (was Peugeot 4007, SsangYong Korando), Pulling a Lunar Clubman SI 2015. If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present.

41 minutes ago, JCloughie said:

The number of idiots defying the advice is truly astounding,  just looking at Manchester as an example.  Local headlines are:

GMP were called to 500 house parties last weekend... some had DJs, bouncy castles and fireworks. This Bank Holiday, there can't be a repeat - follow the lockdown rules

Click on them for full article.

John

Disgusting!  They should be locked up and the key thrown away.

Meanwhile, two muppets have been arrested after they entered a Sainsburys in Morecambe, Lancashire and were caught on CCTV "licking their hands an wiping them over meat, fresh produce and fridge handles". The store had to be thoroughly disinfected and the produce destroyed. It's no good fining or even imprisoning this trash. They really deserve a flogging or a month in the stocks so the public can show their "appreciation" for their actions. Which planet do these imbeciles inhabit??

• Thanks 2

2014 SsangYong Rexton W towing a 2017 Sprite Major 4EB. (After June 9th).

8 minutes ago, Townie said:

Meanwhile, two muppets have been arrested after they entered a Sainsburys in Morecambe, Lancashire and were caught on CCTV "licking their hands an wiping them over meat, fresh produce and fridge handles". The store had to be thoroughly disinfected and the produce destroyed. It's no good fining or even imprisoning this trash. They really deserve a flogging or a month in the stocks so the public can show their "appreciation" for their actions. Which planet do these imbeciles inhabit??

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-52227363

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the link Durbanite. I wish I knew how to do it, but I'm a confirmed technodummy.:blink:

the police have just said that enough is enough, we will look for you, we will fine you and if necessary we will arrest you, Now that should be interesting.

Edited by joanie
17 minutes ago, joanie said:

the police have just said that enough is enough, we will look for you, we will fine you and if necessary we will arrest you, Now that should be interesting.

The problem is, Joanie, that these people just don’t care if they kill somebody  … so they almost certainly wouldn’t care about some piddly little fines, and would probably delight and revel in the notoriety of being arrested.

John

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Johnaldo said:

The problem is, Joanie, that these people just don’t care if they kill somebody  … so they almost certainly wouldn’t care about some piddly little fines, and would probably delight and revel in the notoriety of being arrested.

John

I'm sure they'd think differently if thrown into jail alongside inmates carrying the virus. 

• Like 4

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450

9 minutes ago, MalH said:

I'm sure they'd think differently if thrown into jail alongside inmates carrying the virus. 

Or if they were used as guinea pigs in Covid 19 testing.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Townie said:

Thanks for the link Durbanite. I wish I knew how to do it, but I'm a confirmed technodummy.:blink:

Easiest way I have found to put a link in is to have the item open as a separate page to the forum one and then in the browser box at the top of the page (the website address), left click on it so it is all highlighted, then right click and Copy, then in the forum post you are writing, do a right click and then Paste. 

15 minutes ago, MalH said:

This seems to be happening to those who cough on the police/medical staff so could well happen to them. They get locked up within days of the offence as well.

• Thanks 1
  • I agree completely 1

On a lighter note I have had years of self isolation when I walk down the street people cross over to the other side of the road, I have even heard people say let's hide Sandy is comming. I've also had people move caravan pitch when they realise I am next to them.

Sandy

4 hours ago, joanie said:

Hopefully any muppet stopped and fined will “Kick off” thus resulting in their arrest for a public order offence, THEN they can be put before a court and REALLY hammered. (As a means of discouraging anyone else from doing likewise) 

Andy

• Like 4
  • I agree completely 1

Experience is an awful teacher who ends up sending you simply horrifying bills

1 hour ago, sandy said:

On a lighter note I have had years of self isolation when I walk down the street people cross over to the other side of the road, I have even heard people say let's hide Sandy is comming. I've also had people move caravan pitch when they realise I am next to them.

Sandy

you're not that bloke with the bird screeching are you ?  :o

I heard a cracker in Tesco earlier ....

"I didn't vote for Boris so I don't have to do social distancing"

• Haha 1

Mercedes E350 CDi AMG Cabriolet, Lunar Freelander 640EW Twin Axle @1700kg

********* Naughty Step Aficionado And Grand Collector Of Naughty Points *********

1 hour ago, Mr Plodd said:

Hopefully any muppet stopped and fined will “Kick off” thus resulting in their arrest for a public order offence, THEN they can be put before a court and REALLY hammered. (As a means of discouraging anyone else from doing likewise) 

Andy

hopefully without harming the policeman doing his / her job

Backfire!!,

One of my very favourite eating places, The House in the Tree, Cheltenham had the Mayor go past and he saw that both car parks were full.  So he raised this with the council and possibly the press and social media, saying how disgusting it was that they are doing business at this time.

He had to issue an apology.  Seems a car hire place which has a glut of cars due to the outbreak are, by agreement, using the pubs car parks, while their own car park is being used as an overspill by the NHS.

John

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Townie said:

Or if they were used as guinea pigs in Covid 19 testing.

For years Mrs B wouldn’t let me cook Guinea Fowl, she thought they were the little hamster like creatures 

2015 3. 2 Auto Mitsubishi Pajero tugging a 2016 Tabbert Pucinni 2. 5e

He might not find it so funny about shaking hands with Coronavirus sufferers now. There have been plenty of calls for others to be sacked or prosecuted for recklessness and rightly so.  Clearly this didn't apply to our prime minister who ended up catching it, half his cabinet is/were in isolation. By his recklessness he also denied someone else a intensive care bed.  Pleased he's on the mend on a personal level.  But is he a hero No, will i clap for him? Not a chance.

• Like 2
  • I disagree 8
  • I agree completely 2