Sign in to follow this  
Michael57

What happens if the Caravan Storage goes broke

What would happen if my caravan storage company went into administration. Would I be able to remove it or would it be part of the assetts of the storage company?

It’s your asset, I have no idea why you think they’d be able to take it in those circumstances!

Posted (edited)

I would think that you would be told to remove your property, we only rent the pitch.

Why are you asking , is this likely to happen to you or are you trying to add to my worries as it's not working, the van is insured for theft. 

Edited by joanie

You pay upfront for storage and everyone's van is going to be there longer this year so I'd think storage yards will be one of the safest businesses at the moment

1 hour ago, Michael57 said:

What would happen if my caravan storage company went into administration. Would I be able to remove it or would it be part of the assetts of the storage company?

This happened a little while ago in Essex and was posted on here. In that case, unfortunately, the storage company was subject to an enforced, rather than voluntary, winding up order so the debtor was uncooperative and refused to hand over any records including customer contact details. The administrators had to rely on what they could find out for themselves and public notices in their efforts to contact all those with property in storage, not just caravans and motor homes but property in storage containers.

However, that was an exception. In normal circumstances you will be contacted with a deadline to remove your property by a specific date. You will probably also need to take proof of ownership so that the administrators can make sure no debtor property is being sneaked out.

Yes, if the storage company goes out of business you will normally have to move the caravan by a given date. There is the possibility that a buyer might buy the business, but if so you would probably be faced with another years rental to keep it there.