Sign in to follow this  
Brianscouser

Fridge replacement

Hi,

Looking for a replacement fridge for a Bailey orion 430/4. Bought this knowing I would require one and Dobt like the small domestic one they replaced it with.

Any ideas were best to look?

Cheers everyone

I assume your post meant that you do not like the Dometic one fitted  by Bailey. You really just have Thetford  as a viable option.

Hi,

the past owner just put a small domestic fridge in, not a caravan fridge

You could try caravan breakers as probably the most cost effective source, otherwise you need to take out a second mortgage for a brand new one,,they are not cheap !!!

17 minutes ago, Brianscouser said:

Hi,

the past owner just put a small domestic fridge in, not a caravan fridge

That's clear now. As  Brecon says above "a second mortgage" or to be close to factual around £1150 + delivery seems to be the price for a new one with full warranty etc. There are cheaper ones on eBay and caravan breakers but it depends how deep your pockets are. If you have purchased your fairly new caravan? well, you should be budgeting for £1200 new. 

whenever we need anything for our caravan we always get what we want from here: https://halesowencaravancentre.co.uk/ they have just about everything and quite reasonable too.

Someone today posted a link to a 2nd hand list of parts for a seal. It had a three way fridge in the list for not a lot of money but I can't find the link anymore.

3 hours ago, WispMan said:

Someone today posted a link to a 2nd hand list of parts for a seal. It had a three way fridge in the list for not a lot of money but I can't find the link anymore.

This thread was running yesterday regarding seals … there are 3 links mentioned - Prima, SealsDirect and LeisurepartsDirect - was it one of those?

John

Thanks and thought it was the Prima link but I can't see the list of spares now. Sorry. 

you don't say if you are looking to restore the van to original, in which case a caravan breaker is perhaps the best place to look, or find a more suitable replacement to the unit installed by the previous owner. 

If the latter you need to decide if you want to replace the option to use gas, or mains only? Is there a better domestic fridge you use. From my experience the mini fridges tend to be rather noisy, a modern under counter or built in should be much less so if you can find one to fit and you want to go down that route, otherwise there are a number of models of three way caravan fridge you can look at. £1200 is a bit over the top. New three way fridges start at around £600 upwards depending on what you want with Thetford tending to be cheaper than Dometic.

Some breakers advertise on ebay if you don't want the hassle of ringing around, I notice there is a decent looking 2015 thetford on there at the moment at £399.

• I agree completely 1