Sign in to follow this  
LenV

Isabella ground cover

Hi everyone. We have just bought a brand new Isabella full awning plus a Isabella carpet. Looking on their web site they are showing a ground cover and a ground sheet. Can someone please tell us which we should get. If you have all three including the carpet your van would be overweight i am sure.

46 minutes ago, LenV said:

Hi everyone. We have just bought a brand new Isabella full awning plus a Isabella carpet. Looking on their web site they are showing a ground cover and a ground sheet. Can someone please tell us which we should get. If you have all three including the carpet your van would be overweight i am sure.

What you need by way of ground cover depends entirely on where you expect to pitch and how long you plan on staying.

Hardstanding under your awning does not require protecting, but your feet do!

A grass pitch on a commercial or club site needs great care to avoid killing the grass.

Grass on a rally field is extremely tolerant for a few days, but needs protecting for anything longer.

Generally, we use rally fields and unless there is a mud/animal droppings issue we use nothing.

I have two groundsheets to use with my Isabella. The heavy Isabella groundsheet for hard standings and a light pourus one for grass. Take only the one we need for that site.

• I agree completely 1

Thanks for your replies. I will look into the options  before we go away.

Further to this discussion I have been looking at the interlocking tiles (if that's what they are called). I would require 40 of these for our awning and would appreciate peoples opinions on this compared to a ground sheet. They feel a lot lighter than a normal ground sheet but are quite bulky.

Personally I would not consider using rigid tiles on the floor unless parked on loose hard standing. In fact, although we had a breathable (coated cord) breathable one, we rarely even used a groundsheet on grass.