Sign in to follow this  
cmcm789

Newbie with many many questions

Hi, I've only been introduced to caravanning last year. Managed my first 43 years without ever stepping inside one and then last year a 2004 Hymer Nova 2 berth landed in my lap. Can honestly say i wasn't too keen on the idea but was persuaded by my better half to give it a go. 4 weeks later, towbar fitted and awning hastily bought and we were off on our first weekend over easter. It was a baptism of fire and a lesson in reading the manual before you go, but as a family of 4 we all enjoyed the adventure.

After 2 other stints during the summer the van has grown on me. It's in excellent condition (solid German? build quality) and has been fully serviced and valeted ever year it seems. I have been sleeping in the awning and my wife and boys in the van. Although it's a 2 berth the bed is quite spacious. However, looking forward we want to caravan for the next 3/4 years while the boys are still young enough so my plan is to upgrade to a younger (07/08) 4 or 5 berth next year. I like the lounge at either end set up for best use of space but i think that means a 5 berth.

So basically i have no experience so i will be asking lots of questions. Apologies in advance for my ignorance in all things caravan.    

cmcm789, ask away, friendly bunch of people on here with a broad range of experience and expertise.

:welcome:

Try a Lunar Quasar 546 5 birth which has bunks/dinette at one end and lounge at the other or the 556 Quasar 6 birth which has a lounge layout at both ends. Light and easy to tow. I had a 556 which was a lovely van. 

If a four birth there is loads of choices and the best idea is to get yourself to some dealers to see for yourself.

Good luck and enjoy!

Hi, have a look on https://www.caravanfinder.co.uk/ as you can search by layouts that you think will suit your family. Are the boys old enough to sleep in the awning in the summer months as that may be another option - they may enjoy a bit of independence. Find some models you feel may suit then have alook around the dealers and see them in the flesh so to speak to see how they fit. Good luck with the search.