powrtouch mover not stopping when I release button, need  press 2 or 3 times to stop it  is the older white and red remote. any help appreciated     thanks

Could it be the remote battery needs replacing?

Like Joe says. I had this problem with mine and it was just the remote battery

That's actually quite dangerous.

I would have expected (hoped!) the mover to 'fail safe' and stop immediately it didn't detect a signal from the remote due to a low battery.

Poor design IMHO if correct.

• I agree completely 1

The Happy Gnome - been caravanning for more years than I care to remember!

Sticking button, had that once.

• I agree completely 1

Stay safe - Griff.  :ph34r:

Wheels at the front - Discovery 4. Wheels at the back - Bessacarr 845.

Was there anyone operating a Powrtouch mover at the same time? I've had that early on,  with ours which has been absolutely fine since...

Larry from Essex

2019 Bailey Unicorn Cabrera 2017 Kuga 2. 0 TDCi 150

many thanks will try new battery, thought it was fine as it stars mover  every time  sometimes it will stop first time but usually 2 or3 even more       thanks for all reply's  

On 14/03/2020 at 11:11, The Happy Gnome said:

That's actually quite dangerous.

I would have expected (hoped!) the mover to 'fail safe' and stop immediately it didn't detect a signal from the remote due to a low battery.

Poor design IMHO if correct.

The op could test if it fails safe by operating the fob well outside its distance then keep testing it till it operates the mover, then do the opposite, operate the mover from alongside the caravan then walk away till the mover doesn't respond.

NOTE OF CAUTION ONLY DO THIS WITH THE ROLLERS  DISENGAGED. 😆

Common sense isn't a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.  :rolleyes:

Hi  folks mover works fine with cable I bought ,soon as I release button mover stops ,but still the same with remote needing several on and of with button to stop it, looks like remote needs replacing you agree thanks 

Posted (edited)

bought a umbilical cable from powrtouch  web site £20 also called emergency cable

Edited by Terence kennedy