Birty

Hello from Elddis owner

All new to this caravan life so will have some questions soon enough! But just gotta say that still waiting for nearly 3 weeks now for my CRiS to arrive after ownership swap! They tell me its in process but dont seem to appreciate that i cant swap warranty without it! This CRiS guy aint impressing me!  

Sorry I can't help with the speed of response from CRiS but welcome to the forum all the same.

Gordon

Our CRiS document took 3-4 months from memory. Quick they are not. 

• Like 1

Did they take 3 to 4 months to take your money?

Thought not!

Not sure what CRiS has to do with any warranty?  The invoice for the unit will prove you are the owner as there is no obligation to CRiS register any caravan!

I agree with DB, the transfer of any warranty shouldn't have anything to do with CRiS which is a purely voluntary registration scheme in case of theft.

10 hours ago, Durbanite said:

Not sure what CRiS has to do with any warranty?  The invoice for the unit will prove you are the owner as there is no obligation to CRiS register any caravan!

+ another

Our CRiS card arrived within two weeks so cannot explain the delay. Again I do not see what that has to do with the warranty and I would get that transferred now as there may be a time limit on it.

Do make sure you have all the service documentation as that would be required for a claim.

On 13/03/2020 at 11:51, Durbanite said:

Elddis wont swap warranty over without proof of purchase and an invoice from a private sale is not evidence. 

• I agree completely 1

27 minutes ago, Birty said:

Elddis wont swap warranty over without proof of purchase and an invoice from a private sale is not evidence. 

Have Elddis told you this?

I am now on my third Elddis/Buccaneer caravan purchased privately secondhand and with each one I have just copied the change of ownership page in the back of the handbook and sent that completed with the cheque for £50 to Elddis (no request for any proof of purchase or invoice, even the previous owner details are not obligatory) and within a few days I have received confirmation of the change of owner/warranty from the manufacturer. My father did same with a s/h Compass (still and Elddis caravan) just before christmas.

1 hour ago, VOLVOVANNER said:

Have Elddis told you this?

I am now on my third Elddis/Buccaneer caravan purchased privately secondhand and with each one I have just copied the change of ownership page in the back of the handbook and sent that completed with the cheque for £50 to Elddis (no request for any proof of purchase or invoice, even the previous owner details are not obligatory) and within a few days I have received confirmation of the change of owner/warranty from the manufacturer. My father did same with a s/h Compass (still and Elddis caravan) just before christmas.

Recently obtained change of ownership /warranty , but they requested full up to date service history, without this they would not consider the transfer.

12 hours ago, lazydaze said:

Recently obtained change of ownership /warranty , but they requested full up to date service history, without this they would not consider the transfer.

Yes I get this as if the service history is not up to date they will not honour the warranty so no point paying the £50 to transfer the warranty. If it was serviced by a main dealer I think the service is updated on the ‘Gateway’ which Elddis can see. If not serviced at a main dealer they would need to see proof of the service dates.

All done now. elddis took my £50 and asked to see my service history/damp check and CRiS document.  I have now got a warranty up to nov 2023 now as long as its serviced (It was new in nov 2017)  Also the services now logged on their system.. the ncc approved dealer/service center never informed elddis! And they sent me a service history print out with future maximum due dates. A good value service in the end... 

38 minutes ago, Birty said:

All done now. elddis took my £50 and asked to see my service history/damp check and CRiS document.  I have now got a warranty up to nov 2023 now as long as its serviced (It was new in nov 2017)  Also the services now logged on their system.. the ncc approved dealer/service center never informed elddis! And they sent me a service history print out with future maximum due dates. A good value service in the end... 

I'm in the same position - waiting for the CRiS document - to register for the warranty on our 2017 Compass Camino

I've emailed Elddis who have asked me for the service history/damp check & CRiS doc

Going to give them a ring tomorrow

• Like 1

Elddis should have a record of the servicing dates on file so there should not any necessity to CRiS register any caravan.  CRiS is not mandatory so it seems they are trying a fast one?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Durbanite said:

Elddis should have a record of the servicing dates on file so there should not any necessity to CRiS register any caravan.  CRiS is not mandatory so it seems they are trying a fast one?

CRiS seems to be mandatary when taking out insurance, it was the first thing they asked me, have you got the CRiS registration number! And also dealers don't always notify manufacturers of services carried out as I found out. 

23 hours ago, Birty said:

CRiS seems to be mandatary when taking out insurance, it was the first thing they asked me, have you got the CRiS registration number! And also dealers don't always notify manufacturers of services carried out as I found out. 

No issue supplying CRiS number but they cannot make you register with CRiS and probably will not ask if you are registered with CRiS. 

Think I received mine quick enough from memory.  

Welcome to CT

Such a great resource 

Trel