Hi all,

Wonderful forum, wonderful people....Can you help?

I have no gas coming through in the van, nothing to any appliance.

The gas tank is full and works fine.

I've disconnected the hose from the regulator and run the gas, works fine.  Disconnected the regulator, attached hose and run the gas, nothing.  No gas comes through.  I'm assuming it would come through the regulator as I can't see any mechanism that would stop it if it's not attached to the supply pipe.

So, am I looking at a damaged regulator?

Also, I've had a good look/Listen/sniff around the caravan and cannot detect leaks or hisses.

Regulator pic attached.

Thank you all in advance for your time and feedback!  You're all brilliant.

Best,

PK

20200311_150805.jpg

If no gas will pass through the regulator with it disconnected from the caravan it is a faulty regulator!

Look for one of these like g7eor says, it'll be under the cooker.

gas.jpg

2015 3. 2 Auto Mitsubishi Pajero tugging a 2016 Tabbert Pucinni 2. 5e

There is a gas on off switch in the van. Mine is under the seating area. Just follow the pipes from the locker and you will find a tap inside

As shown above, all gas appliances will have a shut off valve usually, in the cupboard under the cooker but they might be elsewhere in the kitchen or the base of the wardrobe. I would check to see if these are open or closed.

A simple test of the regulator is to attach it to the gas and disconnect from the caravan. Open the valve to the regulator and listen for gas for a couple of seconds.

I should have said, I've tried all those taps etc.  Itseems it's not going through the regulator 

1 minute ago, Wildwood said:

As shown above, all gas appliances will have a shut off valve usually, in the cupboard under the cooker but they might be elsewhere in the kitchen or the base of the wardrobe. I would check to see if these are open or closed.

A simple test of the regulator is to attach it to the gas and disconnect from the caravan. Open the valve to the regulator and listen for gas for a couple of seconds.

Yep.thats what I did.and no sound or smell of gas 

32 minutes ago, NewbieAdora2020 said:

I have no gas coming through in the van, nothing to any appliance.

The gas tank is full and works fine.

I've disconnected the hose from the regulator and run the gas, works fine.  Disconnected the regulator, attached hose and run the gas, nothing.  No gas comes through.  I'm assuming it would come through the regulator as I can't see any mechanism that would stop it if it's not attached to the supply pipe.

So, am I looking at a damaged regulator?

The hose from the regulator" presumably means the hose on the input from the bottle. You get gas through that? You get nothing through the regulator with the gas supply connected? Is the yellow tap open? Is it meant to be open? If you don't get gas through the regulator, then its pooped. A replacement is needed. 

Ern

1 minute ago, Wildwood said:

At least its one of the cheaper bits that can fail.

It's been a fun adventure getting this caravan clean and working.....I knew it'd cost some money at some point! :)