Sign in to follow this  
Hondaman

Elddis Crusader Aurora 40% damp 1st service

DSC_0177.thumb.JPG.0fa273f6c54eaa3e97ed6e43e5aa78cd.JPGTook Elddis Crusader Aurora for 1st service and minor repairs . Informed by dealer water ingress at front of van through windows , not happy supposedly top of range van costing 26 k. Now waiting for Elddis to authorise repairs and then long wait for repairs because dealer fully booked up for 4/5 months, I wonder why? Now have brand new van covered in gaffer tape as temp repair,see attached photo,not really a good advert for Elddis Solid construction.  Not a happy bunny but joy of touring hopefully outweighs grief of ownership

Sit yourself down on your computer and design, print and laminate 3 x posters,large bold fonts, for the 3 front windows along the lines of :

If you are wondering why there is gaffer tape all over these windows on my year old caravan, it is because there is a water leak  from them, with at the moment no date for repair.

You are only stating the truth.

Then everywhere you park it up, storage. on sites, just stick them up in the windows, with a nod to the various caravan forums, caravan magazines, local papers etc.  😉

• I agree completely 1

We really love our 2018 Affinity 550 - very pleased and dont intend a change. We have had almost no Elddis build related issues except for this one. It is a now becoming a known common issue but our Dealer got very quick approval and then did a very decent & clean now regular repair for them.

Irritating but can be solved. 

In these now troubled times stay safe.

I do wonder if the dealer is trying to get the work done late season when things are quiet, as dealers are paid a lower hourly rate for warranty work.

I would write recorded delivery to the dealer and make it clear that you do not accept the delay as reasonable and that if it causes additional damage they will be held responsible.  You are entitled to the repair within a reasonable period and it may well be worthwhile taking advice as to whether this gives you any right to reject.