Sign in to follow this  
yorkyguy

Microwave Removal Buccaneer Commodore

Hi all,

I want to install a  TV bracket in our 2020 Commodore. I need to remove the microwave to install it as the bracket has bolts rather than screws so access to the rear of the panel is needed. Anyone done this?

Cheers

Yes in a 2017 Commodore.

A couple of screws at the bottom and panel hinges up.

May have changed by the time it gets to yours though. Fairly simple to work it out hough I'd expect. 

We have our telly on the surface below as I would not use screws for a bracket. You are right to use bolts right through.

To remove the wood surround there are two screws, under wood coloured stickers,  which you can see if the microwave door is opened, and two accessed by opening the cupboard above the microwave.  Once this is out the way the microwave just lifts out, don't forget to disconnect it before taking it out.

I put a piece of extra wood to help spread the load as I was not confident the panel itself was strong enough. 

Replacement is simply a matter of reversing the above procedure,  if you peeled the screw "covers" off carefully they can be re-used if you want, some dealers will let you have some if you ask.

Good luck!

Hi Vanning Man,

Thanks for this.  Are the  two screws actually in front of the m/v when the door is opened? Also are there further screws in the floor of the locker above the m/v.

My Vision Plus bracket comes with wide area washers for both sides and nylocs for behind the panel. I'm not totally happy with drilling three holes in my new van but the bracket isn't obtrusive and it will free up shelf space below - and our very light telly placed on the shelf is a bit of target with a large 35 kilo dog!

Cheers   

Yes, the lower fixing screws are accessed just inside the recess when microwave door is opened. Then run your fingers along the front inside edge of the cupboard above the microwave, you should find 2 screws or perhaps holes which contain screws. These screws have been driven in at a 45 deg angle and sometimes ‘pull’ into the woodwork so you have to have a dig around in the hole to find the screw head with the screwdriver. Remove all 4 screws and you can get the surround (and then the microwave if you wished) out.