Sign in to follow this  
Poohface

Mattress

HI, could anyone help with the measurements of our 2013 Swift 570 SE , we are looking to replace it with one not so high and a different make . Duvalay supply the mattresses for swift from 2014 onwards but their measurements are at least 20cm out in the length, Swift can only give me 3 measurements & none for the cut off sections . The current mattress is an "Ultra Comfort "sprung mattress that looks original with a pelmet. Unfortunately the van is in storage 100 miles away, & sales at Duvalay say their measurements are correct even though mine are closer to swifts and their measurements were titled" Sterling Eccles"so they are saying our bed may be a custom size from new!!!!!!.

there is no sign of any alteration in the caravan and the original carpets bare that out.1109577794_UltaComfort.jpeg.e5f3759a23eb19a2ef3df60b1a3148cc.jpeg

Ultra Comfort 2.jpeg

Ultra Comfort 3.jpeg

Hi

I'm afraid you aren't going to like my answer but we had slightly different measurements from both Swift and Jonic.

In the end we bit the bullet and measured it and it was a hybrid of the two!

Also, the length is a nice fit but it would have been easier if we'd gone 30 to 40 mm shorter to tuck the duvet cover in.

Btw, our Jonic is awesome, streets ahead of the original Swift Mattress and delivered in two weeks. There will be threads on it from November last year on this forum, Swift Talk and Caravan club forum.

Was the best money we spent, at nearly 600.

I think the bed of your caravan may be the same as the Swift Charima 550 and Sterling Europa 550 of the same year. We had a Sterling 550 and found that Raskelf (as they were branded then, now Duvalay) already had a Swift drawing of the mattress. Being the cautious type I asked for their dimensions and compared that to our caravan, and they were different.

I had the mattress Gold Topper made to my dimensions and it fitted correctly.  Its the only safe way if you want to get it right, so check your caravan before spending such a large amount of money. 

Use your own tape measure perhaps???

Andy

• I agree completely 1

1 hour ago, Poohface said:

Unfortunately the van is in storage 100 miles away

Seems you need to pay a visit to the caravan or measure on your next trip out.

PS

Ours fortunately is on our property and can't imagine being able to caravan if it were 100 miles away in storage.