Sign in to follow this  
Obiknobi

Stop and Storage

Hi All

Im heading down to Somerset from Edinbugh mid JulyI should be heading back home 9th Aug but i've

got the chance to go to the Moto GP at Silverstone ( 27th July ) Rather than pull the Van all the way home

and back a fortnight later I wondered if anyone new of a site around the York area which is not too far from

the A1 that I could stop at for one night on the way home and might also store my van for two weeks.

I think for a bit of cash most sites would be happy to push into into the corner of their field for a couple of weeks. Probably easier to call up a couple and explain situation rather than looking for a specific one. 

• I do not understand 1

If you do this make sure it is OK with your insurers.

Naburn Lock is near enough, but not sure if they would allow you to leave it there. It possibly depends on how busy they will be.

There is a Marina just up the road from there with a CL. they appear to have a few caravans in store so might be able to help you.

Edited by Wildwood

There's a Club site at York, Rowntree Park I think it's called

3 minutes ago, Les Medes said:

There's a Club site at York, Rowntree Park I think it's called

Rowntree Park is a CMC site which, due to its proximity to the river Ouse, is currently closed due to flooding.

There are 98 touring pitches there but no storage facilities.

The camping club site at Sheriff Hutton near York do seasonal storage so might let you store for a couple of weeks.