Sign in to follow this  
Bristle Hound

BH's 2012 (2011 Model) Swift Challenger 480 2 Berth

First time towing today with the X3
Our caravan storage is only 5 mins away, so not much of drive to assess it
However the 'zoom to trailor tow hitch' which is part of the reverse camera is invaluable. Makes reversing up to the caravan a doddle

Fridge vents look a bit yellow as still I have the winter covers on the vents in the pic

image.thumb.png.c801a78123a07d45ae21a665628a0ea1.png

Gave a 12 year old driving a Vauxhall Corsa a shock when I left him for dead at the traffic lights with the 'van attached lol

I suppose it should have mind, showing 65% weight ratio on https://towcar.info/GB/index.php

'Van was filthy having not been used since October 2019

Would have used it over the winter but had to order, wait & get enough miles on X3 before use

Previous tow car was to 'fragile' to continue towing with IMHO

More thoughts & pic's on our 480 here -

https://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=415506

• Like 1

Nice one BH!

Matches the new motor well.

That zoom to trailer tow hitch function is something I didn’t know I had so thanks for the heads up. I’ll look at it later in the week.

Burning the boy racer made me think of a Top Gear scene for some reason lol 😂 Bet his face was a picture?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bristle Hound said:

Would have used it over the winter but had to order, wait & get enough miles on X3 before use

I have only had one car from new. That is our present 2005 X-Trail. WHen we bought our caravan as an X-demo it needed a new kitchen worktop fitting before collection due to some damaged trim and at that time my car (tow car) had been written off and I was looking for a replacement as we just had a 1000cc Yaris (now 20 yrs old). We got a new X-Trail about 8 days before collecting the new caravan ready to go on holiday 5 days later. Every workday I went out into North Wales for a couple of hours run and a coffee on the way to work. I had 700 miles on it by collection of the caravan :D

• Haha 1