Eversure insurance

dustypete

Hi folks got my caravan insurance renewal fro caravanclub £290 had a quote from eversure who I found from caravantalk forum £240 ,  seems to be like for like unless i have missed anything ,anyone had dealings with them , what do you think , thanks Pete 

I have insured with them this year, but never had a claim so cannot tell you what they are like in this scenario, The only thing is that they require a Sold secure hitch lock and wheel lock if you leave the van any where other than a campsite or your storage facility.

image.png.87755f6adf478fe003b9cf508a7fc3e9.png

Edited by Benny65

I haven't had any dealings with them. They are brokers I think. My insurance is due on the van soon so I checked out reviews for Eversure on Trustpilot. Unfortunately a lot of reviews are given by people who have only purchased insurance and not had to make claims. A company's test of customer satisfaction can only be made when claims are made and dealt with. Having read the reviews I think I'll give them a miss.

Nissan Qashqai 1.6dci xtronic. Bailey Platinum 640.

The website does not show DEFAQTO five star or any rating. This would suggest that it does not meet that standard, which would stop me taking out cover with them. I have not checked the policy in detail to see what if any the problems are but if you have a caravan over 15 years old or one of several foreign brands they will not insure you.

The insurer is Arch, I do not know them, but have not found anything bad about them.

Phoned caravanclub today wouldn't move on price , no phone number for eversure emailed them this morning had no replie as yet , managed to match   Both insurance like for like which I hadn't done properly when I got my original price , caravnclub £290 , eversure now £210 , I will renew with the caravanclub not too happy going with a company that doesn't have a phone number or return calls , bit shocked that they was even allowed to advertise on caravantalk , thanks Pete 

I made a claim a couple of years ago, and my insurance broker have found one insurance company who will now insure my new caravan (the theft wasn't my fault; I did everything the insurance company that I had told me to do).  I will have a go with this one, but I can bet anyone £10, that they will refuse me, in fact, if there's a questionnaire to go through, I won't get half way through it

• I do not understand 1

Hey, I got as far as "Can you please contact us quoting the number".  Watch this space.  Just wonder if I can get insured with them, although my insurance renewal isn't due until end of July.  I'll keep you posted.  If they do accept me (which I doubt), but if they do, it may cost more than the company I'm with, a feather will blow me over:D

On 20/02/2020 at 21:02, dustypete said:

Hi folks got my caravan insurance renewal fro caravanclub £290 had a quote from eversure who I found from caravantalk forum £240 ,  seems to be like for like unless i have missed anything ,anyone had dealings with them , what do you think , thanks Pete 

The Caravan Club stopped offering insurance on caravans about a year ago.  They now offer an "inhouse Caravan Cover" which seems to be more expensive than insurance companies?

1 minute ago, Durbanite said:

The Caravan Club stopped offering insurance on caravans about a year ago.  They now offer an "inhouse Caravan Cover" which seems to be more expensive than insurance companies?

What is the tangible difference, between insurance cover and Caravan cover?

On 21/02/2020 at 08:36, Benny65 said:

I have insured with them this year, but never had a claim so cannot tell you what they are like in this scenario, The only thing is that they require a Sold secure hitch lock and wheel lock if you leave the van any where other than a campsite or your storage facility.

image.png.87755f6adf478fe003b9cf508a7fc3e9.png

Strange requirement that it must be registered in the UK when uk caravans are not registered.

1 hour ago, JTQ said:

The difference is that an insurance company must follow their t & c and if they don't you can take them to the ombudsman or the court.

CMC caravan cover they decide if they want to pay your claim and if they don't want to you can't do anything about it.

25 minutes ago, AndersG said:

The difference is that an insurance company must follow their t & c and if they can take them to the ombudsman or the court.

they decide if they want to pay your claim and if they don't want to you can't do anything about it.

Okay,  that then potentially could be quite significant.

Up till they changed I had only known and read excellent reports of the then [cc] insurances, but clearly that might have been reflecting their underwriters rather than the {cc} itself.

Edit: the website screws up the correct term for what now is the CMC, but I needed it in its old name!

See if [  ] help.

Second edit , no it still changes it.

Edited by JTQ

There is another thread on the change in the CAMH policy. The thing is widely misunderstood, in that the club are now covering the losses with their own fund, and have taken out re insurance to cover them if the losses are beyond what the feel they can withstand.

In practice the only real difference is that you will now not be able to complain to the Financial Ombudsman.

12 minutes ago, Wildwood said:

In practice the only real difference is that you will now not be able to complain to the Financial Ombudsman.

Indeed, for me that is the one significant change

• I agree completely 1

Alan

2005 Nissan X-trail 4WD diesel and Swift Charisma 540 2012 Lunar Clubman ES  2018 Lunar Clubman ES

Guest Goforitt
20 hours ago, dustypete said:

. . . not too happy going with a company that doesn't have a phone number or return calls , bit shocked that they was even allowed to advertise on caravantalk 

I guess that as the forum is provided free of charge, it has to be paid for somehow, and because they pay this company is "allowed" to advertise on CT but just because they advertise here does not necessarily mean they are endorsed by the site owners.

Goforitt

You are correct Goforrit and it has been pointed out by Admin before.

One answer is to pay £10 p.a. to become a CT Supporter and then all the adverts disappear!

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

On 22/02/2020 at 08:59, JTQ said:

We would prefer insurance with a proper and genuine insurance company with a proven track record.  Maybe in a couple of years we may decide to go back to the CMC however even now their prices are higher than most normal insurance companies.  The only difference in many cases is the tax levied but the government will probably find a way around that loophole.

The main difference is that the business is not wholly with a regulated insurance company, but the club has set up a fund that customers of the insurance operation pay into, and which then meets the claims. Because this is a fund, and far smaller than most insurance companies total funds, the club has taken out a policy to cover them in the event that the losses are beyond what the feel they can stand. This should give equal security to normal insurers and saves on insurance premium tax, it also gives the club full control of the claims process, rather than them being in the hands of a third party insurer.

The downside is that the club cannot be taken to the FSO if you disagree with them, nor can you sue them in court for failure to pay. Basically you have to trust the club to pay out fairly as they have always done before. If you feel they might not continue to follow their previous generous claims service then the cover is not for you, but if you trust them, just carry on and you should not be any worse off.

The premiums are higher because the club tends to be fair bordering on generous in their claims settlement, which is not always the case when dealing with other companies, in particular the cheaper ones. They still give DEFAQTO five star cover, which is the top rating for cover and service. In the event of a theft or write off I think I would be far happier with them than many of the cheaper insurers.

Do remember with insurance as with most things you tend to get what you pay for. If you did not buy the cheapest caravan, why do you think the cheapest insurance is best. You should look at what suits you best rather than the initial price.

Edited by Wildwood

16 minutes ago, Wildwood said:

nor can you sue them in court for failure to pay.

I was unaware of that WW.

Alan

2005 Nissan X-trail 4WD diesel and Swift Charisma 540 2012 Lunar Clubman ES  2018 Lunar Clubman ES

Because of some adverse publicity we actually shopped around this year. For us it isn't the price but cover related and the two key points which Towergate and Sureguard failed on yet again were:

- Only allowing the van to be unoccupied out of secure storage for 24 hours eg on drive loading and unloading

- Not covered whilst in dealers for service and repairs without full paraphernalia of locks and alarms.

Our dealers won't do the second item and over a weekend, if we take out or return the van to secure storage it is only in a semi secure area.

To me, the biggest risks will always be when it's outside the secure storage so Caravan Club it is again. They do come across as actually understanding what their customers needs are. Unlike others. They also told me they are regulated by the Insurance Ombudsman and have risk backed off with other company.

Prices were similar between CMC, Towergate and Sureguard...

On 22/02/2020 at 12:39, Wildwood said:

Well they told be they are still regulated by the Insurance Ombudsman.

There is a guy on the Swift Owners site who is going this route at the moment but we won't know anything for 6 months!!!!!

:excl::excl::excl:    Spanish Trip 2020 - :excl::excl::excl: - Time to bailout...

Subscribe to our Blog at the website below and read the diaries of many of our expeditions.

Caravan Ramblings blog

21 hours ago, Wildwood said:

The main difference is that the business is not wholly with a regulated insurance company, but the club has set up a fund that customers of the insurance operation pay into, and which then meets the claims. Because this is a fund, and far smaller than most insurance companies total funds, the club has taken out a policy to cover them in the event that the losses are beyond what the feel they can stand. This should give equal security to normal insurers and saves on insurance premium tax, it also gives the club full control of the claims process, rather than them being in the hands of a third party insurer.

The downside is that the club cannot be taken to the FSO if you disagree with them, nor can you sue them in court for failure to pay. Basically you have to trust the club to pay out fairly as they have always done before. If you feel they might not continue to follow their previous generous claims service then the cover is not for you, but if you trust them, just carry on and you should not be any worse off.

The premiums are higher because the club tends to be fair bordering on generous in their claims settlement, which is not always the case when dealing with other companies, in particular the cheaper ones. They still give DEFAQTO five star cover, which is the top rating for cover and service. In the event of a theft or write off I think I would be far happier with them than many of the cheaper insurers.

Do remember with insurance as with most things you tend to get what you pay for. If you did not buy the cheapest caravan, why do you think the cheapest insurance is best. You should look at what suits you best rather than the initial price.

However as you have caravan cover which is not insurance if you change to an insurance company, will your no claims bonus be accepted as the caravan has not been insured for "x" number of years?  Effectively you may be locked into the club until doomsday!  ;) 

Up to now everything it seems that everything the club has bought has failed so not over confident in their new product called Caravan Cover.

The insurers asked that I am aware of all say that the bonus can be transferred, they are looking for your business, so it is not in their interests to reject it, as it almost certainly means losing the custom. 

The scheme is run for the club by professionals who have experience in this so should work If it does not they will presumably close it and revert back to a conventional insurance policy.

Just been back on to Eversure.  Told them of the theft of my previous caravan two years ago.  The chap reckons there shouldn't be a problem, but things may change by the time I come to insure it (I think he may mean, "when he speaks to his supervisor", then things will change).  Fingers crossed I can get my caravan insured with them.  £500 less than what I'm paying now

On 21/02/2020 at 21:36, dustypete said:

I will renew with the caravanclub not too happy going with a company that doesn't have a phone number or return calls

This was not the case with me, as later in the day that I did the quote online, they did phone me and asked if I needed any further information.

I do think they are a broker so may not be staffed as the big insurers we are used to.

On 23/02/2020 at 12:01, PandR said:

Because of some adverse publicity we actually shopped around this year. For us it isn't the price but cover related and the two key points which Towergate and Sureguard failed on yet again were:

- Only allowing the van to be unoccupied out of secure storage for 24 hours eg on drive loading and unloading

- Not covered whilst in dealers for service and repairs without full paraphernalia of locks and alarms.

Our dealers won't do the second item and over a weekend, if we take out or return the van to secure storage it is only in a semi secure area.

I would be very surprised if any insurer will cover a caravan while it is at the dealership as the dealership's insurance should cover any losses.  You should be asking a dealership to show that they have insurance cover in place.