Sign in to follow this  
WJG

Vigo back panels

Went to dealer to see Vigo black edition and found holes in the mismatch panels both sides. The  dealer did not have much to say and I thought it was because it was a demo van.

Went to the NEC show and found the same problem .

Has anyone bought one and have a explanation or is it just badly built ?    I have not approached  Bailey yet because getting a reply is like watching paint dry.     

• Like 1

• You will have to be more specific.  What panel and where etc

It is the rear moulding containing the rear lights which is a attachment to the body and does not match the contour at each side

18 minutes ago, WJG said:

It is the rear moulding containing the rear lights which is a attachment to the body and does not match the contour at each side

there is silicone sealer on my Vigo.

• Each plastic panel is attached to the body of the van which is Alutec-so has no part to play other than cosmetic. The panel is sealed with a silicone type seal that can move about. Some owners take it off and seal it with tubed silicone bathroom type sealant but it is just decorative and nothing to be concerned about-great caravans.

They provide a certain amount of protection being made out of a plastic that takes impacts etc without splitting. Same stuff as used for packaging that you need a chain saw to get the item out.  

• Like 1

Yes they're like little bumpers I suppose and work REALLY well -I got the car turned too tight once getting into a tricky site and rear bumper of car met front buffer-not a mark on the caravan.

The holes are not small which suggest you have not seen them.  The are not 'easily' sealed and how Bailey can put them on the market like that I do not know. I suggest they put a  cap over them. 

If a representative or someone in the know could throw light on this I would be grateful

Maybe you could have taken some picture, because by you description I can not see any big hole on my 2019 Vigo

2 hours ago, WJG said:

If a representative or someone in the know could throw light on this I would be grateful

Bailey no longer contribute directly on this forum.  You must ask Bailey direct!

If you don't like the Vigo look don't buy one.  Simples?

2 minutes ago, Rodders53 said:

Bailey no longer contribute directly on this forum.  You must ask Bailey direct!

Or better still go to a dealer if you see any big hole, point it out and ask question.

Our Cadiz had a slight gap either end, I suspect the moulded panel flexes a little. Bailey could have sealed it better. I agree.

Seems to held in place with double sided tape. I ran a bit of sealant in to it as I had some.

Not going to lose any sleep over it.

Otherwise very happy with our van, which has been well used. Service  no 2 in March.

It serves no sealing purpose if it what I am thinking about. Think we need a photo to see if you can post-be v interested?

On my 2018 the back panel/bumper was replaced as it was damaged whilst in storage.  It’s held in place with screws behind the number plate and lights. The top edge though just sits behind the strip that runs across the back below the grab handle. My dealer tried to get the  new panel to fit tightly at the corners but ended up finishing of with sealant which looks better than a gap. 

Thanks. 635mwd  the information is very helpful and what I was after.

I was going to say I assume you were referring to the two gaps either side on the rear panel?, as I always say to everyone, any of the exterior panels are not a integral part of the structure, they are more a "dressing" item, so prefect fitment isn't imperative, and sealing it will look untidy and split after a short period of time due to the movement/flex of the panel.