Sign in to follow this  
Baz305

Herzim strip

Hi all! Can anyone let me know where to get replacement herzim strip for my caravan. The strip on both side has come off and came off again while driving. For those who do not know what it is, it’s the pvc strip above the awning rail that protects the screw attachments for the awning rail.  Thanks for all your help in advance!

Take care on where you order from as a lot are not dimensionally a tight fit in the rail groove and detach easily, I struggled  to get some to fit properly but in the end had mine from below.

They knew of the dimensional problem and get theirs from a particular source, all colours available and a tight fit.

https://cannockcaravanaccessories.co.uk

If you have a non-standard size ie not 12mm it can be quite tricky to source.

I needed 16mm for the Fleetwood and 11mm for the Bailey, I'm part way doing both. I splashed out on a special fitting tool from Seals Direct but didn't find it very helpful (fantastic on window rubber insert though). It tends to stretch the trim which will exacerbate shrinkage which will occur over time. I found a small offcut of wood used as a compression tool works best!

Edited by limecc

Thanks for all your help and advice I’ll get on with it and let you all know how I get on