Sign in to follow this  
AndrewL

Outdoor tap

Hi all,

I'm thinking of fitting an outdoor tap to our van. I've had a look underneath and the place where the water pipe enters the van is on the opposite side to where I'd like the tap. There are however 2 drain plugs (presumably one for cold water and one for the boiler) near where I want the tap. Was thinking of replacing one of the drain plugs with an outdoor tap.

Has anyone else tried this?

Regards

Andrew

Should work fine.

Never presume; check to make sure.  Some caravans also have central heating pipes with drain down points.

NB  regs require non return double check check valves to outdoor taps. 

Park/Site owners may have also have a view on whether they want outside taps fitted/hosepipes used?

Edited by Rodders53

Silly question, but why do you need an outside tap ?

Next question, say you fit it to the cold water drain point, then how would you, completely,  drain the system , presuming that you mount the tap  higher than the drain point?

The drain point as fitted, has to be at the lowest point in the system, you mount the extra tap higher than this and you will never do a complete drain, unless you joined your new tap pipe to the drain point with a t piece.

Has your caravan a mains fed system, or do you have either or both an onboard tank or water butt ?

You need to Tee off the mains going into your caravan but it will need insulation for the winter months .

I would check you can and there is no site restrictions .

Dave