Hinges on the battery compartment

Hi when plugging my caravan to the mains yesterday I caught the mains wire and it snapped the hinge. Has anybody ever encounter replacing the hinge or is it a new complete box.

They can be repaired as I did the same thing with ours. The engineer who serviced fixed this and as we have since sold the caravan I cannot now show you how he did it. He did some work to the box and was able to fit a new hinge. I did not see how it was done, but as you will see the old hinge is part of the box so you need to remove the broken section first. Most people will try to sell you a new box though.

Thanks Wildwood its going for a service next month so hopefully they can fix it.

Has the hinge itself broken or is it just the hinge pin?

If it's just the pin, then tap out the two bits and replace it with a suitably sized rod - I think I used a piece of stripped mains wire when I broke the one on my old Swift.

Hi

If it the hinge on the door itself a new door can be ordered and the infill and lock removed from the old door and fitted to the new one. The door is removed by tapping out the hinge pins. If the  box itself is damaged you will probably have to buy the full unit of course fitting the door infill and lock on the new box

Sandy

Mine broke on my caravan recently but it needed a full new battery box and door. Fortunately it was under warranty.IMG_0027.thumb.JPG.73d7fb81eaf85b11219574cdc6dde808.JPG

2020 Swift Eccles 650 towed by Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 4.4

"What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger!"