35x12 Refurbishment

JimDIY

I’ve recently put a 2003 Cosalt 35x12 in my back garden, I plan to stay in the caravan for a short period of time whilst I renovate my house.

I decided to take a few walls out to utilise the space better and one thing led to another and now I’ve found myself pretty much with a bare shell.

Taking the ceiling down where a small damp area was I discovered that there is water ingress around what is the flu outlet for the gas fire which was in the living space. 

The roof design on the van is a curved type structure and looks like similar material used on the panels of the sides of the van (aluminium?), not entirely sure on what the finish is on top of the van but can this be patched up at all? The boards used underneath couldn’t of been a worse type to use, as soon as they get wet they just turn to mush and disintegrate. I’m not sure what to do with regards to replacing the damaged areas? 

Any advice or pointers much appreciated

D54ECBF7-BC1D-4851-823E-66B5862DDC27.jpeg

F060FB9E-44FD-4093-88D6-0F197D5FAACB.jpeg

412B7FB2-0DC3-4C9D-B4DE-CE8B9622AAB0.jpeg

D66C7686-12F1-4B7D-836B-3F45266B3509.jpeg

• 2 months later...

Just make sure you don't but another caravan to stay in whilst you refurbish your house and your caravan !! 

Just keep your tools outside !!

But seriously you can buy full panels but they are not cheap and whats the point, what do you hope to do with the caravan once your house is finished??

Edited by TheStaticman

Jim hasn't Bern back on the forum for three months but it would be great to see how he has gone on in the meantime. 

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

• 8 months later...
On 13/05/2020 at 16:37, WispMan said:

Jim hasn't Bern back on the forum for three months but it would be great to see how he has gone on in the meantime. 

I think some replies put people off coming back. There’s absolutely no help on this thread at all. Seems to happen a lot on this forum which is a shame because I’d love to hear how he got on.