Sign in to follow this  
Bristle Hound

Anyone Have Any Experience With Grantham Campers Dealer Swift Elite Range ?

Anyone have any experience with Grantham Campers dealer special Swift Elite range?

For example - https://www.granthamcaravans.co.uk/model/new-caravans/swift/elite-835-2020/

Based on the Swift Challenger with added extra's at no extra cost

This is GC's info -

'The monetary value of the Elite range features is £3,999! You get all of this, in the Elite range for 2020:

• ATC Trailer Control System
• Truma Waterline
• Alde Central Heating System
• Rain Guards
• Alko Wheel Lock Included
• Alko Manouvering Handle
• Omnivent Extractor Unit
• Dimmable Spot Lights
• Lockable Heavy Duty Corner Steadies
• Illuminated Washroom Mirror
• 100W Solar Panel
• Washroom Shower Hanging Rail
• External Entertainment Pod
• Additional Soft Furnishings
• 2nd TV Point (Model Specific)
• Exclusive External Graphics
• Side Lift Jack & Brackets
• Bespoke ‘Elite’ Interior Trim / Fabric
• En-Route Gas Regulator'

Whats peoples thoughts on Dealer special?

You can diy-check out the cost of the van it's based on and the cost of extras and then decide-but of course only if you find the extras desirable to you. 

• Thanks 1

If you want all the extras then they look a good deal but do you want them.

The different graphics and upholstery seem to have no real benefit unless you prefer them but the rest are generally useful to a greater or lesser extent although I thought the Alde heating was now standard on Challengers.

It may also be worth checking out the deal. At one time we got a quote for a trade in deal against a Swift Challenger dealer special and then on the standard one. The allowance on the standard model was far higher than the dealer special, when I queried this I was told it was to pay for the extras and these were costing them more than the uplift in the list price. Essentially what they were saying was the dealer special was not the bargain it seemed to be. Most people do not get quotes against both so would never know.

I would get a quote on the standard model as well and then make your mind up. It was a different dealer to you so I cannot speak for yours.

• Thanks 1

ignore the advertised price for a moment, and look at their original retail price of £30095.00 (doesn't mention if the delivery is included) compared to a standard challenger with lux pack, ATC and wheel lock fitted at £29389.00 (includes delivery) form your list, I have deleted certain items that the above standard price includes irrelevant items (like graphics) and commented on some from your list;

• Truma Waterline (assuming this is a direct mains water kit, which is around £80)
• Rain Guards (guessing that is the yellow strip to run through the awning rail
• Alko Manouvering Handle (about £20)
• Omnivent Extractor Unit (about £275.00 fitted)
• Dimmable Spot Lights
• Lockable Heavy Duty Corner Steadies (£80 per steady)
• 100W Solar Panel (80w as standard, so maybe £100 extra value?)
• Washroom Shower Hanging Rail (£50)
• External Entertainment Pod (I believe this is the external box with a TV bracket in it, not sure if it really is a selling feature?)
• Additional Soft Furnishings (I cant see anything additional over standard, just different)
• 2nd TV Point (Model Specific) (this specific van will have two TV points as standard)
• Side Lift Jack & Brackets (£100)
• En-Route Gas Regulator' (not much of a benefit on a caravan IMO)

so in total I can see just under £1000 of actual extras fitted, so it would make the dealer special either marginally less or more expensive than that standard model (depending on if their price is inclusive of delivery or not)

I would day, dealer specials are sometimes worth the same or less than the standard model, I had one this week where the dealer special was worth over £500 less than the standard model (even though it was about £1500 more expensive new) I know you don't think about selling ti when your buying it, but its still worth a thought.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jezzerb said:

You can diy-check out the cost of the van it's based on and the cost of extras and then decide-but of course only if you find the extras desirable to you. 

Thanks - not all the extra's are what I would go for TBH

43 minutes ago, Wildwood said:

If you want all the extras then they look a good deal but do you want them.

The different graphics and upholstery seem to have no real benefit unless you prefer them but the rest are generally useful to a greater or lesser extent although I thought the Alde heating was now standard on Challengers.

It may also be worth checking out the deal. At one time we got a quote for a trade in deal against a Swift Challenger dealer special and then on the standard one. The allowance on the standard model was far higher than the dealer special, when I queried this I was told it was to pay for the extras and these were costing them more than the uplift in the list price. Essentially what they were saying was the dealer special was not the bargain it seemed to be. Most people do not get quotes against both so would never know.

I would get a quote on the standard model as well and then make your mind up. It was a different dealer to you so I cannot speak for yours.

Definitely makes interesting reading. Thanks

26 minutes ago, Caravantech said:

ignore the advertised price for a moment, and look at their original retail price of £30095.00 (doesn't mention if the delivery is included) compared to a standard challenger with lux pack, ATC and wheel lock fitted at £29389.00 (includes delivery) form your list, I have deleted certain items that the above standard price includes irrelevant items (like graphics) and commented on some from your list;

• Truma Waterline (assuming this is a direct mains water kit, which is around £80)
• Rain Guards (guessing that is the yellow strip to run through the awning rail
• Alko Manouvering Handle (about £20)
• Omnivent Extractor Unit (about £275.00 fitted)
• Dimmable Spot Lights
• Lockable Heavy Duty Corner Steadies (£80 per steady)
• 100W Solar Panel (80w as standard, so maybe £100 extra value?)
• Washroom Shower Hanging Rail (£50)
• External Entertainment Pod (I believe this is the external box with a TV bracket in it, not sure if it really is a selling feature?)
• Additional Soft Furnishings (I cant see anything additional over standard, just different)
• 2nd TV Point (Model Specific) (this specific van will have two TV points as standard)
• Side Lift Jack & Brackets (£100)
• En-Route Gas Regulator' (not much of a benefit on a caravan IMO)

so in total I can see just under £1000 of actual extras fitted, so it would make the dealer special either marginally less or more expensive than that standard model (depending on if their price is inclusive of delivery or not)

I would day, dealer specials are sometimes worth the same or less than the standard model, I had one this week where the dealer special was worth over £500 less than the standard model (even though it was about £1500 more expensive new) I know you don't think about selling ti when your buying it, but its still worth a thought.

Thanks for taking the time with your post - appreciated

So you spend more & get less back - I did wonder with Dealer specials

I am very conscious about selling time when I buy, especially new TBH

I'm probably have pre-collection wobbles on the 580 Elegance we have ordered lol

https://www.caravantalk.co.uk/community/topic/142012-bhs-swift-elegance-580/